39 Prot. Warrior Guide

This is a little bit outdated but I just updated the macro section and will be adding more.

Index:

1st Post

• The Way of the Prot. Warrior
  • Gear

2nd Post

• Enchants
  • Specs
  • Glyphs
  • Races

3rd Post

• Formula's
  • Macro's

4th Post

• Recommendations
  • Links to Twinks

The Way of the Prot. Warrior

When the opponent expands, I contract. When he contracts, I expand. And when there is an opportunity... l do not hit...it hits all by itself.

-Prot. Warrior, Bruce Lee

You work sort of as the annoying pest that doesn't die to melee. Nice to have if you know where to be.

Gear:

(Heirloom Items are at the end)

2H Charge->Rend and Overpower, that's about all it does for a prot. warrior.//edit// i never got around to doing this but it seems like 2h would be a waste of time, literally.

Axes:

****Pendulum of Doom*Nearly impossible to get* BoE drop from Uldaman

Whirlwind Axe Warrior Quest

Bonebiter Alliance Quest Only

Lumbering Ogre Axe

Maces:

The Pacifier

Sword:

No good ones :(

Main hand:

Axe:

Shovelphlange's Mining Axe Easy BoE-Rare Outside of Uldaman (/target Shovelphlange)

Sword:

Warsong Gulch SwordWSG Vendor

Maces:

Mallet of Zul'Farrak Quest kinda

Stonevault Bonebreaker Super Difficult BoE - Uldaman

Off hands:

Sword of Omen Horde Quest Only

Ginn-su Sword

Vanquisher's Sword Quest - RFD

Sword of Serenity Alliance Quest Only

Nordic Longshank Horde Drop Only - Uldaman

Shield:

Aegis of the Scarlet Commander 7 Str=+3.5 block. +7 defense is +.32 Dodge, Parry, Block, to be missed, to not be crited. Easy Drop - SM

The Green Tower 7 more block and proc raises nature resist considerably.

Ranged:

Out Runner's Bow *WSG Vendor*

Baelog's Shortbow Horde Drop Only - Uldaman

Whirling Steel Axes Crafted.

Helm:

****Raging Berserker Helm*Easy BoP

**Expert Gold Miner's Hat Medium BoE -3% dodge and parry.

**Comfortable Leather Cap +3.01% to hit

Neck:

Medal of Courage Quest lvl 36

Warsong Gulch NecklaceWSG Vendor

*Also see crafted aura necks in CD/Novelties.

Shoulders:

Revelosh's Shoulders of the bear +8/9 or stamina +13 Difficult Drop - Uldaman

Herod's Shoulder*Easy Drop - SM

Skeletal Shoulders*Easy BoE

Fleshhide Shoulders*Easy Drop - RFD

Cape:

Cabalist Cloak of the Bear +6/7 or stamina +10

Scorpashi Cloak*Medium Difficulty BoE

Khan's Cloak*Medium Difficulty BoE

Silky Spider Cape +11 stam +5 sp RFD drop, Highest Stam.

Chest:

Blood-tinged Armor Horde Quest Only

Robes of the LichEasy BoP - RFD

Captain's Breastplate 12/12 Monkey - Medium Difficulty BoE

Steel-banded Hauberk*Quest lvl 30*

Icemail Jerkin Combo with Dwarven +2% frost resist.

Waist:

Ogron's SashMedium Difficulty BoE

Boar's Champion's Belt*Medium BoP - RFD Rare Boss

Pants:

Legguards of the Vault*Difficult to buy - Random BoE in Uldaman

Firemane Leggings*Easy to buy.

Scarlet Leggings*Easy drop - SM

Wrist:

Revelosh's Armguards of the Monkey 6/6 or 10 stamDifficult BoP - Uldaman

Crushridge BindingsEasy BoE (I'm kind of in favor of these because they have stam and strength and are probably pretty easy to get.)

Ironaya's Bracers 7/8 Monkey

Hands:

Revelosh's Gloves of the Monkey*The only good ones are "of the Monkey +8/+9" with a 3.4% chance to drop, good luck! - Uldaman

Gloves of Divinity Nice AP but still not Strength.

Bonelink Gauntlets 9/9 bear (+4.5 block +2 stam bonelink vs. 14 attack power on gloves of Divinity)

Gloves of Holy Might Again I don't like attack power but the crit is nice-Expensive BoE

Shadowskin Gloves*A cheap stamina alternative to GoHM-Crafted

Boots:

Worn Running Boots Horde Quest Only

IronheelAlliance Quest Only

Ancient Greaves9/9 Monkey

Highlander's Mail Boots (+7 Agil or +7 Stam enchant)

Finger:

Aquamarine Signet of 6 agil 12 dodge of eluding, 7str 8 stam of the bear, 11 of stamina. Semi-Expensive Crafted BoE

Warsong Gulch Ring

Truesilver ChampionCheap BoE

Trinkets:

PvP TrinketSW/Org Vendor

WSG TrinketWSG Vendor

AB TrinketAB Vendor

Mark of the ChosenQuest lvl 39

Tidal CharmRare Drop (/target Prince)

Nifty StopwatchQuest lvl 36

Arena Grand MasterQuest lvl 1

JC:​

CD gear/novelties:

Spider Belt*crafted

Gem-Studded Belt*crafted

Olaf's All Purpose Shield Horde Quest Only LUCKEEE!

Deadman's Hand*Difficult Drop - SM, combo w/Green Whelp Armor*crafted

Swift Boots*crafted

Brutal/Fire-Hardened Haulberk*Warrior Quest*

Coldrage Daggerx2 w/icy chill and frost oil might snare something...

Skull of Impending Doom Combo w/Spider Belt for pawnage FC returns.

Azure Silk Belt*Highly recommended for searching for the rare that drops the Tidal Charm.

Aquamarine Pendant of the WarriorCrafted

Pendant of the Agate ShieldCrafted

Consumables

Dense Weightstone/Sharpening

Heirloom Items:

I hope these are deleted...

Bloodied Arcanite Reaper

Reforged Truesilver Champion These apparently scale to mail under 40.

Polished Spaulders of Valor

Strengthened Stockade Pauldrons

Enchants:

http://www.wowwiki.com/Enchantments_by_slot

(More detailed recommendations in the recommendation section at the end)

Specs:

0/0/30

Alternate 0/0/30

*For trolls I would probably go with this.

This is what I am going to respec to with right now, I having a feel that concussion shot and a few others last just long enough to get me fragged. It really is all about the hunters and the mages....

0/11/19

*Piercing Howl vs. Concussion Blow. Armored teeth gives +25.8 ap from the Aegis of the Scarlet Commander.

0/7/23 Onthejuice's spec

9/0/21

Iron will/tact master for orcs/dancers.​

*There's lots of variations, most the prot. talents up to 21 are pretty good and the first couple tiers of the other trees synergize well.

Major Glyphs(2):

*Star for one of the best glyphs

*Shield Wall

- 2 min CD for 20% less dmg mitigation. (1 min with Prot talents.)

Last Stand

I think this ability kind of sucks and having it on a 1.5min cd for 20% health instead of 3min for 30% doesn't make it that much better. If this added 10 seconds to the duration I would slot it for sure.

*Revenge

Been leveling with it since 30, it's amazing. Unusable on mages but most the time BGs aren't duels.

*Resonating Power (Thunderclap)

11 pt rage Thunderclap, been leveling with it since 15, very very nice. Improved Thunderclap does great AoE dmg and this makes the rage cost of Thunderclap marginal. This is an ability that's great to hit everytime it's on CD but near impossible with a 1v1.

Hamstring

Not really a prot glyph but if you play a lot of WSG and find yourself switching out to hamstring a lot then you might want to consider it.

Heroic Strike

If rage wasn't a problem this would probably be better than Resonating Power but I believe Resonating Power saves more rage. (W/ Talents Heroic Strike will have about a 30-40% crit rate, which means 3 heroic strikes till you proc a 10 rage which would cost an initial 36-45 rage, if you are getting that much rage what would you need this glyph for?)

Rending

Rend always sucked but does decent dps now, I'm going to do some calculating and get back some numbers for you. SEE Forumla's at the beginning of the gear section.

Minor Glyphs(1):

Charge

Helps get the jump on other ranged classes. //Edit//This is a necessity, if you don't get off a charge at the beginning of a fight against a mage or hunter there's a good chance you will lose.

Battle

Useful, stacks with Booming Voice for 4.5min. More useful now that all paladins have BoK.

Bloodrage

Used this on my 69 Prot warrior when it was 50% because it cost me 800hp. Current use costs 97HP. Seems negligible but that is 10 stam, would you slot up a minor Glyph for 10 stam?

Thunderclap

Nice.

Mocking Blow

Not bad, situational like the rest of the minors.​

Races:(They keep changing but I'll try and keep up)*Roll horde for better gear.

*Star for suggested Race

Allies:

*Human: 2min cd PvP trinket leaving a slot open for a barrage of other trinkets. 3 expertise with maces and swords is -.75% to dodge and parry, best weapons in the bracket are maces and swords.

*Gnome: 1.75min cd movement impairing effects removal. +15 Engineering (Not sure if there is anything to gain from that or not. I'll check on that). +2% resist arcane. Your worst enemy is a mage because they immobilize.

Dwarf: 2min cd removal of diseases, bleeds and poisons. +10% armor for 8 secs. +5 expertise with maces. (The best MH is a mace). +2% resist frost spells (has some possibilities w/imp. spell reflection, Icemail Chest and Arctic Buckler with +8 frost resistance)

Draenei:3min cd insta HoT. I've always heard it was good and a warrior that can heal himself or a comrade is a great thing. 2% to resist shadow very nice. +1% to hit and all party members, also very nice.

NE: 2 cd min movementless vanish that doesn't remove you from combat. +2% to be missed by melee or ranged. Ranged yes, melee not really. +2% to resist nature has Nature resist potential from the +50 proc off the Green Tower.​

Horde:

Tauren: 2min cd .5 sec cast 2 second 8 yd AoE stun, with charge coming off DR this will be much nicer. +5% health, can't beat it. +2% to resist nature, same as NE.

Orc:2min cd 15 sec 158 attack power buff. +5 Axe expertise. +15% to reduce stun effects. +5 axe.. The Activated racial with 158 attk power sounds pretty amazing considering I'm only at about 500 attk pwr unbuffed.

Troll: 3min cd 10 seconds of 10-30% haste. 100%HP=+10% 30%HP<=+30% It's pretty lackluster but an ambitious prot. warrior could get a lot of use out of the +30% attack speed by comboing before Health pot+shield wall, Last Stand or Shield Block/Disarm. +15% to reduce movement impairment effects has great promise in stacking with toughness for -45% movement impairing effects. +1% crit to thrown/bow (best offhands are thrown and bows...).

Undead: 2 min cd remove fear, charm and sleep. 2 min cd Regen 35% of health over 10 secs. +2% shadow resist, see Draenei. The heals good. With berserker rage castable in any stance the fear remover is meh.

BE: the only class that can't be a warrior :"(​

Weapon choices:

Think of racials that add expertise as being affixed right to the weapons stats and then calculate from there.

Fast vs. Slow:

There's discussion on what weapon speed the MH/shield and the 1h/1h should be.

A slow MH to overpower(You could switch too a 2her too) or a fast MH if you want to do fast rage dumps w/herioc strike. For a 39 Prot. warrior weapon speed is a negligible stat over-ridden by playstyle and dps. (However, it is definately not negligible for Arms or Fury).

Slow off-hand if you plan on stance dancing to use whirlwind. (See macro section for weapon swaps).

I like a MH around the range of 2-2.2 (This I might take back because I just found out Rend is insanely scaled to weapon dmg) and a quick offhand around 1.7-1.9. I only use dual wielding when I'm not being attacked to build rage in defensive.(And never whirlwind) Regardless you will be using the Mallet of ZF at 2.5 spd. because it's insanely good.

Find a prot. paladin with Blessing of Sanctuary and make good friends with them, that little buff will give you more rage than you will be able to heroic strike dump with any speed weapon.

Formula's:

At base stats:

13 Agility is 1.03 crit and .90% dodge

9 crit rating is 1.08% crit

6 hit rating = +1% to hit

10 haste= 1.677% haste

1 dodge rating = .14% dodge | 12 dodge = 1.72%

+.57 hp/5 sec = 1 spirit

Concussion blows dmg =(AP x .75). :eek:

Thunderclap's dmg is mitigated by 32 pts of armor for 1 pt of dmg.

Thunderclap bonus dmg=(AP x .1). Aboots (could be a scaled thing and not a straight multiplication problem).

30 hit rating at lvl 39 to reach the cap (+5%). Thanks Ishh

Rend is heavily based on weapon dmg. Rending W/ Mallet of ZF has a +20 AP = +1 pt of dmg per tick or +4 AP for +1 pt of dmg over the duration.

Str, Agil and Sta= 1 pt. Normally AP is 2 AP= 1 pt, but Since you get .5 pt of +block for every 1 pt of Strength, it makes Strength significantly better. I would raise the conversion rate of AP to 2.2.

MACRO's:

Start Attack

/startattack

Toggles attack on but not off. I put it in most my macro's unless I'm close to character limit.

Shoot/Attack

#showtooltip Shoot

/startattack

/cast Shoot

Another real simple one, if stopped shoots and always turns on attack. (Substitute "Throw" in place of "Shoot" for thrown weapons.)

New and improved! One Button Spell Lock:

#showtooltip [stance:1/2] Shield Bash(); Pummel

/cast [stance:3] Pummel;[stance:1/2,equipped:Shields] Shield Bash()

/stopmacro [stance:3]

/stopmacro [stance:1/2,equipped:Shields]

/equip Crescent of Forlorn Spirits

/equip item:7465

In Defensive or Battle Stance and don't have a shield it will equip it and Shield Bash but if you are in Zerker it will keep the same weapons you have in your hands and pummel. Took forever to figure out how to keep the shield from equipping while trying to pummel, then it hit me, 2 stop macros! Use the Get Item Name macro at the bottom if you run out of character space for your weapon names

/script local infoType, info1, info2 = GetCursorInfo(); if infoType == "item" then DEFAULT_CHAT_FRAME:AddMessage( info1 ); end

The famous Charge/Intercept Macro:

#showtooltip [combat] Intercept; Charge

/cast [stance:1/2,combat] Berserker Stance; [stance:3,combat] Intercept; [stance:2/3,nocombat] Battle Stance; [stance:1,nocombat] Charge

/stopcasting

Whirlwind:

#showtooltip Whirlwind

/startattack

/equipslot 16

/equipslot 17

/cast [stance:3] Whirlwind; Berserker Stance

Shield Block:

#showtooltip Shield Block

/cast [stance:2,equipped:Shields] Shield Block; [stance:1/3] Defensive Stance

/stopmacro [equipped: Shields]

/stopcasting

/equip MH Here

/equip Shield Here

Switch to Dual/shield/2h:

/equipslot 16 MH here

/equipslot 17 Off Hand here

/equipslot 17 Shield here

/equipslot 16 2h here

(I just use the first two lines because I never use a 2h and all my other buttons that require a shield have it macroed to them)

Retaliation/Shield Wall/Recklessness:

#showtooltip Retaliation

/cast [stance:1] Retaliation; [stance:2,equipped:Shields] Shield Wall; Recklessness

/stopmacro [stance:1]

/stopmacro [stance:3]

/stopmacro [stance:2,equipped:Shields]

/stopcasting

/equip MH Here

/equip Shield Here

Shield Wall:

#showtooltip Shield Wall

/cast [stance:2,equipped:Shields] Shield Wall; [stance:1/3] Defensive Stance

/stopmacro [equipped: Shields]

/stopcasting

/equip MH Here

/equip Shield Here

Taunt: (For pets)

#showtooltip Taunt

/cast [stance:2] Taunt; Defensive Stance

Get Item Name:

Used earlier in my Spell Lock macro to replace my lengthy shield name with a "item: (4-digit number)" the way you get those numbers is by using this macro while HOLDING the item with your mouse.

***From these you should be able to snip and clip them together to do just about anything you would want.

Recommendations:

2H:

Enchant: Crusader

At first I wasn't going to recommend one because I wasn't planning on using one but since rend's dmg is based on the weapon dmg of the weapon. Charge, rend, thunderclap,-defensive, shield switch-shield block, revenge-sounds way too much fun-(I will probably attach the weapon swap to overpower).

1h MH:

Enchants: Weapon Chain/*Crusader/+20 Str

Maces:

ZF Mallet

Axes:

Shovelphlange's Pickaxe

Swords:

Warsong Gulch Sword​

--------

1h Off-hand:

Enchants:Crusader

Maces:

Stonevault Bonebreaker

Axes:

Sickle Axe http://ptr.wowhead.com/?item=1602

Swords:

Sword of Omen/Vanquisher's

Ginn-su​

--------

Shield's:

Enchants:15 block(=4.05% to block)/*18 stam

The Green Tower (Resisting poisons)

Helmet:

Raging Berserker Helm

Shoulders:

*Revelosh's Shoulders Monkey/Bear(+8/9)

Herod's

Neck:

Medal of Courage

Chest:

Enchant:+16 Def/+6 stats/+150 hp (good place to balance stats)

*Captain's Breastplate of the Monkey(+12/+12)

*Blood-tinged Armor(horde only)

Steel-Banded Hauberk (10 stam/11 str)

Cloak:

*Scorpashi Cloak +12 Agil enchant

Khan's Cloak +12 Defense enchant

Champion's Cloak 6/7 bear, +10 Defense. +12 agil or 12 defense enchant

Wrist:

Enchant:+12 def/+12 str/+12 stam

Revelosh's Armguards Monkey, Agility or Stam (+6/+6) or (+10)

Hands:

Enchants: +15 Hit

*Revelosh's Gloves of the Monkey (+8/+9)

Bonelink Gauntlets of the Bear (+9/+9)*easy alternative

Rings:

Aquamarine Signet *Bear 7/8 stam /Monkey 7/8 stam/Dodge 6 agil

Warsong Ring

Pants:

Enchant: +40 AR Rugged Heavy Armor Kit

*Legguards of the Vault

Boots:

Enchants:+10 hit/+10 crit (surefooted) +9 stam minor spd

*Worn Running Boots

*Ironheel Boots

AB boots 28 lvl req. 7 agil enchant or 7 stam enchant

Trinkets:

Get them all! TrinketMenu is a great help for switching trinkets. I hope TwinTrinkets gets updated at some point...

*Star is for most highly recommended but alternatives listed because of difficulty to obtain.

Glyph's:

I'm going to stick with Revenge and Resonating Power. It allows me too much burst dmg for minimal rage. Improved charge for the minor is a necessity. I also recommend glyph of shield wall.

Links To Twinks

Perenolde: Onthejuice

Leveling to 39 as Protection

Prot. is definately one of my favorites to level because you can tank, dps, and solo effectively (Well all around I think it's awesome). Slightly lower dps than fury but you get loads more utility.

Stats

Stack enough stam till you feel comfortable then go with this order: +hit, Strength, Agil and Crit.

Questing

I suggest making a +hit set because quests in any particular zone have a level range of -/+ 5-10 which makes it almost impossible for a warrior to finish off the ends of chain quests (see below "+hit gear"). Without a +hit set you pretty much have to go from zone to zone of similar level doing green and barely yellow quests, grinding low level mobs or instancing.

Mobs to hunt

For soloing look for single orange/yellow mage mobs that can be shield bashed to start their auto attack then shield block and Revenge. Most of the time they die before they can even cast.

Grinding large groups of melee mobs between yellow/green will return good exp/hour.

Role filling

Spec. doesn't really matter till endgame, whenever anyone asks what spec I ask what they need. Then tell them how I am speced to do exactly that what a coincidence!

Tanking Prot. could do it in there sleep. Thunderclap, Revenge, take a nap, rinse and repeat.

DPSing (A prot. warrior played right will almost always take all the aggro from other tank classes and your role becomes the MT very quickly). If that can't be done then I would get one mob to focus on you (taunt if need be) for revenge procs. Make sure the healer never needs to heal you and follow the tanks target till he gets to the mob attacking you. If you can't do this switch to 2h or dual wield.

Leveling, talents and glyphs

do this to start for a 19:

*Listed in order of my personal preference

3/3 Imp. Thunderclap (I suggest the Glyph of Resonating Power), 2/2 Bloodrage, 3/3 Incite, 2/5 Shield Specialization.

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent#LZZrI

At 29 lvl:

2/2 Imp. Revenge (I recommend the Glyph of Revenge when your second major glyph slot becomes available), 2/2 Shield Master, Last Stand, 3/5 Shield Specialization.

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent#LZZiIzr0b

At 39 lvl:

Concussion blow, 2/2 Imp. Spell Reflect -- Imp. Disciplines 2/2 (You can switch these four talent points out for more armor or dodge), 4/5 One-handed Weapon Specialization (also feel free to put the 6 after concussion blow into fury for armored teeth and cruelty) |--ding--| You are now 39 respec as you wish.

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent#LZZiIzrMbdV

+ Hit gear:

Enchant Boots Accuracy

Black Whelp Tunic Req. 15 +5

8 Medium Leather, 8 Black Whelp Scales, 1 Cured Light Hide and 2 Fine thread. Recipe from Redridge Vendor.

Elixir of Minor Accuracy Req. 15 +10

1 Fire oil, 1 Bruiseweed, 1 Empty Vial

Simple Pearl Ring Req. 17 +4

Super easy to get.

Lavishly Jeweled Ring Req. 17 +2

Deadmines Drop off Gilnid

Smite's Reaver Req. 17 +2

Drops off Smite in Deadmines

Bronze Mace Req. 17 +3

6 bronze bars, 1 Medium Leather, 4 Weak Flux. Crafting, trainer taught.

Deviate Scale Belt Req. 18 +3

6 perfect scales, 4 deviate scales and 2 Fine Thread (the quest to get this recipe is in the left eye of the skull that makes the entrance to the cave to get to WC).

Tunic of the Dragon Slayer Req. 19 +2, Alleys Only Begins: http://www.wowhead.com/?quest=9687 Ends: Razormaw *Can start prequests at 16-17, must be 19 for the last part.

Spidersilk Drape Req. 19 +4

6 Spider's Silk, 3 Bolts of Silk and 2 Fine Thread. Learned from BC and WotLK trainers.

Band of Elven Grace
Req. 20 +4 Alleys only

Start at this guy at 17: http://www.wowhead.com/?npc=4077 Ends: http://www.wowhead.com/?quest=1081

Barbaric Iron Shoulders Req. 27 +6- Horde Quest For Recipe but it is a BoE recipe.

8 Iron Bar, 4 Sharp Claw and 2 Heavy Grinding Stone.

Amulet of Truesight Req. 29 +11

8 Truesilver Bar. I got mine off the AH for a single gold piece...

Tome of Kings Req. 30 +5- Crafted Inscription, 5 Royal Ink, 10 Common Parchment, 2 Jadefire Ink

Not Prot. Warrior material but I'm going to be using this for my priest too.

Crimson Silk Vest Req. 30 +10

4 Bolt of Silk Cloth, 2 Red Dye and 2 Fine thread. Man it's nice to see all this new itemization allowing lower levels to pick out what stats they want.

Moonsteel Broadsword Req. 31 +10

8 Steel Bar, 2 Heavy Flux, 2 Heavy Grinding Stone, 3 Lesser Moonstone, 3 Heavy Leather. Recipe sold in Booty Bay.

Mantle of Doan Req. 33 +9

Drop off SM Library.

Robes of Power -Req. 33 +9 Tailoring Required.

Green Whelp Bracers Req. 33 +4, Leather

6 Green Whelp Scale, 8 Heavy Leather, 2 Silken Thread

Legguards of the Vault +5 Best 39 pants in the game, good luck getting a pair.

Yeah makes sense, a PvP Prot. Warrior is kind of a novelty and a totally different beast from fury/arms.

I'll be making a guide for 49, 59, 69 and 79 eventually.

Need to get into some more pvp action with Stoned once he's maxed out to see about adding to this one more.

I also linked this on every wow forum I could think of that would be applicable. So maybe we will get some more members too :D

Very interesting guide; I'm tempted to spec Prot on my warrior to try it out :)

How do you do verses mages generally?

-X

Generally wishing I was a gnome and had spell reflection.

I'll have my trinket soon and that should make a big difference.

It goes something like charge, hamstring, they blink, intercept, hamstring, they frost nova and then frostbolt till dead. //edit// Concussion blow after they frost nova and I am also looking into using toughness, the -speed reduction might have been my problem.

Being a dwarf im noticing some resists, i'm going to try out a icemail jerkin see if that boosts it at all. Wish I still had my arctic buckler to +8 frost resist and try throwing that on but then i'd have to change my macros and i dont want to do that anyway. //edit// with the icemail jerkin I'm seeing noticeable resists especially lower levels, nothing to bank on though.

The patch will mean some pretty good things for us though. Charge is coming off DR so concussion blow after intercept will last a couple seconds and in a high dps situation stance dancing will probably be a little easier too.

I'm pretty sure it's an uphill battle for a prot. warrior till warbringer but it's still pretty fun at 39.

I guess rogues are very powerful in the bracket so stomping them into the ground might be a good trade off for being whooped by mages.

prot is amazing at 39 and highly underrated for its dps abilites.

when i toss on my AP set i regularly conc blow for 1.2k+ still rocking 3.1k hp and over 800ap with battle shout and 31% crit

when im in my FC set conc blows go for 700-1k crits but i can live for a long time with shield wall + heal pot + AB trinket + revenge, disarm, intim shout (aoe fear), demo shout (ap debuff), thunderclap (atk speed reduction), kiting, get a stun off and bandage, last stand etc... you have TONS of tools to use, u can revenge stun over and over

normally if u can get a mage to blow blink your sitting in a good position

rogues arent overly hard to deal with, in full FC set they get owned by armor mitigation so they have to spend awhile beating on you.

hunters get messy, best thing to do is get a conc blow/revenge off as they disengage jump away so when they land their still stunned and u can just run over to them and keep them hamstringed at all times and rend so their losing hp while attempting to kite you.

probably the worse thing for a warrior is a lock, because they can just stack 3 dots on you and run away and theres nothing you can do, i'm not saying their hard to kill because if you get on them you can break fears with trinket/human racial/beserking and then just destroy them, but if their twinked their dots will eat your health like crazy.. plenty of times i've seen my hp go from full to ~10% left after just 3 dots from a lock that stacked and ran completely away.

[char=Perenolde]Onthejuice[/char] thats my FC set atm.

Moonwalks said:
prot is amazing at 39 and highly underrated for its dps abilites.

[char=Perenolde]Onthejuice[/char] thats my FC set atm.

Nice, show us your attack power set with this if you want http://www.chardev.org

Also what are you glyphing or going to glyph with the new glyphs in 3.1?

Does getting buffed with Blessing of Sanctuary feel like ascension to god-hood or is that just me?

This seems to be all about DPS as prot? Might as well throw in info about FC as well.

Alteffour said:
This seems to be all about DPS as prot? Might as well throw in info about FC as well.

All the gear is covered just pick out the things that have more stamina and defensive stats and throw on the stam/def enchants.

The gear doesn't get that diverse everything has minor differences that don't really add up to anything OP.

As a prot warrior offensive stats also add defense (agil for dodge and armor, strength for +shield block) so the only differences would basically be what you enchant.

Wanna add up that Prot warriors are awesome in arena when combined with a healer, pick up the AoE slowing shout, get 1 min shield wall (if possible dont remember correctly) and rape 2v2s, if anyone does them now though.

Riot said:

Well done. Ever try using the gem studded belt?

Also, do you Arena with that build?

Rapt0R said:
Wanna add up that Prot warriors are awesome in arena when combined with a healer, pick up the AoE slowing shout, get 1 min shield wall (if possible dont remember correctly) and rape 2v2s, if anyone does them now though.

If you mean slowing as in slowing movement then that is only possible in the 49 bracket, otherwise you would have to live with a 2 miner CD (Glyphed) and no concussion blow.

Looks fun at 49, you get Armored to the Teeth, Cruelty and 4/5 1h wep spec. for some pretty hefty dmg http://www.wowarmory.com/talent-cal...000000000000000000253301220220210400000000000

I'm raising a 49 priest and my bud's raising a warrior on barthilas.

acai brazil acai jewelry acai nutrition acai berry fda approved

Acai Berry Select Be Healthier, Have More Energy, Sexier- Virtually Turning Your Body Into A 24 /7 Fat Burning, Age-Reversing, Energy Pumping Machine, Through The Power Of These Ancient Brazilian Acai Superfoods That Is Taking The Hollywod and The Fitness World By Storm!!!

We'll Permit You Test It Out For NO CHARGE!

CLICK HERE TO ORDER

omega Stop|Acai|Berry|Scams|Buy|Best|Cheapest|Acai|Online|Reviews

Stop|Acai|Berry|Scams|Buy|Best|Cheapest|Acai|Online|Reviews

entry-competitions Stop|Acai|Berry|Scams|Buy|Best|Cheapest|Acai|Online|Reviews

Purchase CheapestAcai DietOnline

themes Stop|Acai|Berry|Scams|Buy|Best|Cheapest|Acai|Online|Reviews

Stop|Acai|Berry|Scams|Buy|Best|Cheapest|Acai|Online|Reviews Stop|Acai|Berry|Scams|Buy|Best|Cheapest|Acai|Online|Reviews

Stop|Acai|Berry|Scams|Buy|Best|Cheapest|Acai|Online|Reviews... Stop|Acai|Berry|Scams|Buy|Best|Cheapest|Acai|Online|Reviews

Purchase BestUf Acai BerryReviews

Buy PowerfulAcai Berry Juice WholeOnline

Stop|Acai|Berry|Scams|Buy|Best|Cheapest|Acai|Online|Reviews Stop|Acai|Berry|Scams|Buy|Best|Cheapest|Acai|Online|Reviews

Buy PotentAcai Berry JuiceComparisons

antioxidant Stop|Acai|Berry|Scams|Buy|Best|Cheapest|Acai|Online|Reviews

Buy PowerfulBuy Frozen AcaiOnline

Buy PowerfulYou Buy Acai Berry JuiceOnline

Purchase CheapestAcai GelTestimonials

Purchase PotentNutritional SupplementTestimonials

Purchase PotentAcaÃ*Reviews

Buy CheapestAcai Health DrinkShopping

Buy PotentLifetime AcaiTestimonials

Buy CheapestAcai Berry MartiniTestimonials

Buy BestBuy Acai OnlineComparisons

Purchase PowerfulAcai Berry Juice AntioxidantsTestimonials

lamps Stop|Acai|Berry|Scams|Buy|Best|Cheapest|Acai|Online|Reviews

Purchase BestSuperfoodsReviews

lottery Stop|Acai|Berry|Scams|Buy|Best|Cheapest|Acai|Online|Reviews

Buy CheapestAcai UkTestimonials

Purchase BestAcai Berry Juice For SaleReviews

foods Stop|Acai|Berry|Scams|Buy|Best|Cheapest|Acai|Online|Reviews

Purchase BestAcai Berry TruthReviews

Purchase StrongestPerricone AcaiTestimonials

Buy CheapestAcai Berry Really WorkOnline

orac-free-radicals-anthocyanins-vitamin-c-xanthones-carotenoids-micronutrient-flavanoids-agave-

Purchase BestOrder Acai Berry JuiceComparisons

Buy PowerfulAcai ThunderComparisons

lounge Stop|Acai|Berry|Scams|Buy|Best|Cheapest|Acai|Online|Reviews

Purchase PotentAcai Power BerryComparisons

http://stopacaiberryscams.info/?=wedding-reception-decoration-ideas

fruit-company

Buy PowerfulMuch Acai BerryOnline

plus-juice Stop|Acai|Berry|Scams|Buy|Best|Cheapest|Acai|Online|Reviews

Purchase BestAcai Berry SorbetTestimonials

Purchase PowerfulAcai PlantOnline

antioxidant-benefits Stop|Acai|Berry|Scams|Buy|Best|Cheapest|Acai|Online|Reviews

Buy PotentAcai Berry GelReviews

Purchase BestAcai WikiShopping

Buy CheapestAcai Berry University Of FloridaComparisons

games Stop|Acai|Berry|Scams|Buy|Best|Cheapest|Acai|Online|Reviews

Purchase StrongestAcai Power Berry 500Online

Buy CheapestAcai JewelryShopping

juice-goji-berry-goji-berry-juice-superfruit-superfruit-juice-super-fruit-super-fruit-juice-antioxidant-

Purchase BestAcai Berry DetoxComparisons

Purchase CheapestFree AcaiTestimonials

diet-products Stop|Acai|Berry|Scams|Buy|Best|Cheapest|Acai|Online|Reviews

berry-benefits Stop|Acai|Berry|Scams|Buy|Best|Cheapest|Acai|Online|Reviews

Buy CheapestDynamic Health AcaiComparisons

recipes Stop|Acai|Berry|Scams|Buy|Best|Cheapest|Acai|Online|Reviews

Purchase BestAcai Plus JuiceComparisons

Purchase CheapestAcai SoapTestimonials

Purchase BestAcai Berry BadOnline

Buy StrongestAcai SupplementOnline

Buy StrongestAcai Pure CleanseOnline

news Stop|Acai|Berry|Scams|Buy|Best|Cheapest|Acai|Online|Reviews

fruit-for Stop|Acai|Berry|Scams|Buy|Best|Cheapest|Acai|Online|Reviews

dating Stop|Acai|Berry|Scams|Buy|Best|Cheapest|Acai|Online|Reviews

Purchase PowerfulAcai BulkReviews

wholesale Stop|Acai|Berry|Scams|Buy|Best|Cheapest|Acai|Online|Reviews

acai hoax acai tea frozen acai frozen acai

acai superfood acai distributorship international acai berry 500 scam acai benefit

acai liquid acai berry power 500 cost perricone acai bolthouse acai

Users who are viewing this thread