39 Disc Priest help!

Playing ally the hit on gloves is even more important because of the base chance to miss vs BEs and UD. You also have an increased chance to miss rogues regardless of faction. A missed psychic scream=death more often than not.

i would make an int set and a +heal set and mess around with different combos of gear until you figure out what best fits your style, there is no "best" set of gear for a priest, its more or less what you like the best. Before I stopped playing i still loved having some spirit, but im a 5 sec ooc freak and it wouldnt make sense for someone to gear the exact same way as me unless they are playing exactly like me(which would be very doubtful=D).

Here is the problem. I understand you want 15 hit to gloves, in fact I am 100% sure I am getting that. However, at every other bracket I have played in you want hit cap, not just some hit. The whole point of hit is to cap because in PvP you have just under 5.1% to miss. Getting 3% means now its 2.1%. Thats still a chance to miss that imo you dont want. To that end, why would you not enchant hit on boots AND gloves? 12 stam is nice, but its 120 health. You miss a fear, dispel or something and that 120 health doesnt look all that nice imo. 25 hit = cap does it not? I want to go for it, whats the reason that precludes it?

As an addendum, I am going to play with a mage thats a good friend of mine, so I will have water (at least in arena) so I should be able to get out for drinks, which means I might replace 12 int on Bloodband's with 12 stam. What do you think?

Spell hit rating only needs to be 4% for a target of the same level.

Spell hit - WoWWiki - Your guide to the World of Warcraft

I like hit rating on gloves, for my previously mentioned reason...giving up 20sp on a priest isnt a big deal whatsoever.

On the same note, giving up 12stam is a much larger deal than 20sp imo. While I think its clear that disc needs hit because of mana burn and dispell and fear (and dps stuff to a lesser extent) you arent a full dps class and having still some chance to miss for me isnt as big of a deal...having a .85% chance to miss is a hell of a lot better than 4% chance to miss. By using surefooted, youre now well over a % above and beyond hit cap, so at least half of that enchant is wasted anyways (although it can help vs rogues I guess). Mantle of Doan is a possible option as well for getting your hit, as is running 1h boa mace with the inscription OH which is probably the best option as far as maxing hit is concerned for priests.

umm, I use Eagle Bracers with 12 stam for arenas on my priest...my mana pool is still over 4500 at this point though. I wouldnt use mage water as the justification for running stam over int...but running stam over int is fine.

Users who are viewing this thread