39 Disc Priest help!

Hawte

OG
So i have decided to roll disc priest and i need help gearing.. If someone knows a really good BoA disc priest can you please link the armory.. thanks :D

Why would you try and insult that priest... have you looked at your own? o_O

Sanitarium said:
Why would you try and insult that priest... have you looked at your own? o_O

i didnt insult him..just saying he thinks hes good cause of that hat...and my priest its mana pool focused...and my priests gear its just fine...when i xfer to nightfall ill meet u so i can show to u in a duel or bg cool?..

I'd take his priest over yours any day. Usea is/was a great priest and always a pain in the ass to go up against.

P.S Cute Aquamarine Signet. lololololol

like i said...im replacing that for the new satchel ring 7/7 +8sp till i find another underworld...and i just didnt like the way he said "no hat go home"...still hawte...take our priests as reference...cause we kickass...lol...

Chronogear said:
like i said...im replacing that for the new satchel ring 7/7 +8sp till i find another underworld...and i just didnt like the way he said "no hat go home"...still hawte...take our priests as reference...cause we kickass...lol...

Please, backpedal harder.

ummm, the WSG staff is actually a good/viable option for priests in the 39 bracket, so dunno what youre talking about. Sutarn's Ring isnt bad either, although with the current state of Spirit the deathmage is slightly better imo. Also, beyond the obviously retarded aquamarine ring, youre missing hit on gloves (hit is win, dont believe me?) and int on your weapon...the int on the wep is particularly interesting since you claim you are "mana pool focused." Youre close...but not quite there.

There are a lot of good gear options...optimal might be something like

Head: Miners Hat, Eagle Lens, Int Lens, Papal Fez, Embalmed Shroud, Whitemanes Chapeu/Owl Lens.

Neck: Necklace of Calisea

Shoulders: Instance shoulders of the Eagle or Sorcerer

Chest: Robes of the Lich or Robes of Crystal Waters with 6stats, Deathshead Vestment if youre a boss.

Bracers: Bloodband Bracers or Eagle Bracers with 12int or 12stam depending on how you want to gear

Gloves: Revelosh Gloves of the Eagle with 15hit

Belt: Deathmage Sash

Legs: Necromancer legs, or Rainstrider or Blighted if youre amazing

Feet: WSG boots or the cool green ones if youre horde 12stam

Rings: 2x Tumultous Ring of the Sorcerer imo is bis, UW bands are still good tho.

Tons of trinkets to choose from, AGM is a good one to get tho and obv insignia if youre not human. JC and Alch offer interesting trinket options if youre not into engineering.

Wep: Dignified Headmasters Charge with 22int is my fav, but lots of options here including WSG staff, Staff of Jordan, 1h mace with a variety of OHs to choose from are cool too. Int chants on wep are best overall imo for priest...although if you end up with multiple weps its fun to have multiple enchants.

Wand: Jaina's Firestarter or Ember Wand of the Eagle

SP is vastly overrated by a lot of priests.

You can armory my priest Lunarsoul on jaedenar, but hes got a silly spec/gearset on atm, lol. IMO just get ALL the possible priest gear and pick and choose as you go...my bags are full, are yours?

Please keep talking shit. Once you get to NF let me know as I'd gladly 1v1 you on a priest. Leveled mine out of 39s months ago, but I have access to a friends.

ill be glad to duel u... and alteffour i do need 1 Tumultous Ring of the Sorcerer which isnt dropping...and that SP on staff its cause i was using on my frost mage that im lvling to 39...used to hav 22 int..running with 4.5k mana 3.2k hp buffed and 102 sp...which was just fine...since int > sp for healer on 39 bracket...but really good guide for items u got there anyway...

Sorry, this is m first 39 ever (and its a priest) but I have played quite a few priests at end game. Why do you gem 15 hit, but you dont have spell pen on your cloak? I always though t if you go for hit then you should go hit cap and try and spell pen cap or its largely useless given that you might miss a crucial fear anyway or have it become resisted.

What are the "cool" green boots on horde side?

like [item]Defiler's Cloth Boots[/item] (lvl 38 one) > any other boots...and i do hav spell pen on my cloak...and hit its just freaking expensive...greater planar going for 20g each on my server...fuck that...and even with 15 hit u can still miss but w/e...lol

Encarmine boots...8stam 8int with like 5sp i believe. I think they are pretty cool.

Hit and Spell Penetration are completely different things, used for completely different reasons.

Spell Penetration has to do with opponents resistances. NORMALLY, people are running very very low amounts of resist in this bracket. 30 is about as much as you get, with the vast majority of players running 0, and its generally to shadow. However, usually in WSG pallys are running different auras, and the other resists can be dispelled as you are a priest. Yes 20 SP is a viable option, and I dare say you better get a cloak with it on. However for general purposes 120 armor is a superior enchant as a healer as you need to survive more-so than get through pally resist levels. As disc partial resists on dots and such arent a big deal, and you cant partially resist dispells and mana burns and fears, the odds of full resists even with 30resistance are pretty low...if you want to play shadow though youll definatly want 20spell pen.

HIT rating, has to do with built in chances to miss that exist in this game...regardless of any sort of resistance. Up to a certain % you want as much hit as you can justify. 15hit gets a fraction over 3% @39 which isnt hit capped, but pretty close, without sacraficing too many stats by putting hit on other items.

Why is Hit important for priests at 39?

Most people would be like "wtf dood yoor healzorz and dont needityo"

The trick is to play disc properly you need to be using your other skills sometimes. This means at times you do need to use dispell offensivly, you do need to mana burn and you do need to dps with holy fire mind blast and dots from time to time. Mana burn and Dispell especially are bread and butter spells for disc. Having to dispell multiple times or have long casting mana burns miss wastes a lot of time and a lot of mana redoing.

So why do I want to give up 20sp in favor of 15hit? Why not get hit somewhere else like surefooted?

that question is easy...

12stam is a LOT of stam...20sp for a priest is next to nothing....the 10crit you get on surefooted just isnt very much crit and the build isnt a crit based animal anyways.

Test it

test flash heals and renew ticks with 20sp on...then 20sp off....see a big difference?

Priest spells have HIGH base amounts for the 39 bracket...this makes sp a lot less important compared to say a Pally who has relativly low healing amounts on their spells, which need SP to get up to appropriate levels. I see a lot of priests still running relativly high SP amounts with smallish mana pools and meh HP numbers with no hit rating and it makes me sad.

one last thing id like to comment on:

"and hit its just freaking expensive"

dude....its a twink....they arent cheap...arent meant to be cheap.......if you cant afford one then I dont feel for you at all. In the long run of things Precise Strikes to gloves is a completely insignifigant amount to spend on a twink..................dont be cheap, budget twinks are bad.

im not cheap...i do hav 6 twinks all decently geared...prolly spent like more than 20k gold on them...but still...i like having +20sp on cape than +120 armor... i used to hav a LOT of mana...since my playstyle is really offensive...so i do use 2 shadow dots and mind blast + holy fire, and that costs a lot of mana. About the hit rating, yes im working on it, i dont wanna pay almost 300g to enchant my gloves, i do hav the money, but im not desperate...and i still need 1-2 pieces to get a really balanced gear for arenas...cause idc much about bg's anyway...

ps:. nice info. on hit and spell pen for priets out there...

"I see a lot of priests still running relativly high SP amounts with smallish mana pools and meh HP numbers with no hit rating and it makes me sad."

best sentence of ur post... /clap that...

Alteffour said:
Priest spells have HIGH base amounts for the 39 bracket...this makes sp a lot less important compared to say a Pally who has relativly low healing amounts on their spells, which need SP to get up to appropriate levels. I see a lot of priests still running relativly high SP amounts with smallish mana pools and meh HP numbers with no hit rating and it makes me sad.

I wanted to elaborate a bit on this. To understand how high a 39 priest's base heals really are, consider that shamans have the second highest short heal in the bracket, and they need almost 100 spell power to match the base heal of a priest.

That said, I see nothing wrong with pushing an advantage and stacking some spell power, as long as you don't run out of mana. I can't imagine it's that big a deal to miss an offensive dispel (vs. a defensive dispel), but I'd hate to miss a mana burn. Of course, I don't have a 39 priest, so I'm conjecturing.

Bwappo

Bwappo said:
I wanted to elaborate a bit on this. To understand how high a 39 priest's base heals really are, consider that shamans have the second highest short heal in the bracket, and they need almost 100 spell power to match the base heal of a priest.

That said, I see nothing wrong with pushing an advantage and stacking some spell power, as long as you don't run out of mana. I can't imagine it's that big a deal to miss an offensive dispel (vs. a defensive dispel), but I'd hate to miss a mana burn. Of course, I don't have a 39 priest, so I'm conjecturing.

Bwappo

yup..but problem is...like alteffour said...theres some priests with like 150-160 sp and like 3k mana or something...so u will be oom just by healing...but if u get a decent mana pool like 4k with 90-100sp...u heals will be basically the same and u can like dps without worrying about mana...

and it is true...u learn "Flash Heal" at lvl 38...so it just doesnt worth focusing on sp since the base heal of "Flash Heal" already high...

ive tested a LOT of different sets for bging and arena...and the stats one its the best one atm from my point of view of course... same thing with druids too...i play arenas just like chubs spec... insane mana pool + stam (surv) ...the sp bonuses its just a "plus" to upgrade certain healer classes i think...

ps:. sry but my english kinda suck...

I can't imagine it's that big a deal to miss an offensive dispel (vs. a defensive dispel)

It sucks losing any CD, time is time.

Users who are viewing this thread