39 Balance druid?

Cream

OG
Been wanting to get into the 39 bracket since the 29 is slowly dying.....

How is the balance druid at 39?

They can be good and top the dps charts, they lack survivability if caught your dead haha. But their damage is good. Stack a lot of healing gear so you can heal yourself when on the move running.

i wouldn't say they top the damage charts persay, that's for hunters and warlocks.

what they do really well is burst damage.

Well when my druid was Balance i toped the damage charts every game, beat warlock and hunters.

Riot said:
Well when my druid was Balance i toped the damage charts every game, beat warlock and hunters.

if you were playing a twink hunter or warlock, you would do more damage.

most random players are horrible, i mean in 1/2 the games i could put up top dps on my mage if i wanted to, and i suck at dps in general

I'm going to have to side more with Riot on this one. One of the first twinks I came across in the 39 bracket was a balance druid and he destroyed the BGs. I think there was maybe one or two twinks I came across who could take him.

One the other hand he had put in a fair bit of effort into this one. He had three sets of armour/weapons he could mix between depending on how he was feeling and how he wanted to play.

rogues can own them if they don't get rooted they stunlock you bad. Rogue possibly lock if they know how to fear, other balance Druids I guess, possibly a good Mage.

Balance druids do well. They're a great hybrid that can throw down huge burst dps, and toss out decent heals if need be as well. They are very mobile due to travelform, roots, dash, and moonfire spam, and can escape from sticky situations with ease. They also have the adavntage of picking and choosing (most) of their fights because they can start out stealthed in cat form.

In balanced gear you can throw out 1200+ starfire crits, or machine gun 300-700 wraths on top of your 2 dots that do decent damage in and of themselves.

Alnielro said:
I'm going to have to side more with Riot on this one. One of the first twinks I came across in the 39 bracket was a balance druid and he destroyed the BGs. I think there was maybe one or two twinks I came across who could take him.

One the other hand he had put in a fair bit of effort into this one. He had three sets of armour/weapons he could mix between depending on how he was feeling and how he wanted to play.

well i'm not talking about 1v1, just damage in general. locks can dot everything with tons of spell damage, and hunters do very VERY consistant dps because of their survivability and general high hits. balance druids can own plenty of twinks and stuff, but they won't top the damage charts as compared to a kiting tab dot dot dot lock twink. balance druids have incredible burst though.

From personal experience resto is the way to go for premades and when grouping with a buch of twinks, but for solo qing balance is fun because you don't have to help the fc across you can just pew pew. I played a resto Druid at 39 and I loved it, the healers always get noticed, eventually leading me to get funded on other servers which is fun. So resto is the most fun but balance is kind of both healing and dps at once possibly taking a hybrid spec so not only do you have good healing. You also havegreat damage.

Users who are viewing this thread