32 Days Left

Jaylen

I just downloaded the game a week ago since last playing about 11 years ago and am totally overwhelmed with the amount of content available to veteran and starter accounts. I'll probably be asking more question in the future but the main one I have right now is this:

Is it worth messing at all with the MoP Remix at this point?

I really don't have a lot of time to play right now (maybe 4 hours a week at the most) Is there items, titles etc. to gain that don't take much time that I might regret later for not getting? I've been reading as much as I can to figure this out but am realizing how much time this take away from game play.

I just downloaded the game a week ago since last playing about 11 years ago and am totally overwhelmed with the amount of content available to veteran and starter accounts. I'll probably be asking more question in the future but the main one I have right now is this:

I really don't have a lot of time to play right now (maybe 4 hours a week at the most) Is there items, titles etc. to gain that don't take much time that I might regret later for not getting? I've been reading as much as I can to figure this out but am realizing how much time this take away from game play.
yes. there are collectibles that are remix specific and i would imagine the heroic and mythic raids are so trivial at this point you wouldnt have much difficulty getting those titles. but of course the decision is up to you on whats best for you.

What are you most after likely? There's tons of easy obtainable transmog in the event although i'm not a the biggest fan of the artstyle of that period.
Same goes for mounts... Titles i can only think of two that are Remix exclusive.
In case you go vet - By simply levelling through the campaign you'll max out your rep with most of pandaria factions which isn't the case normally.
But speaking of content till 20 - mounts, transmogs and some toys

Eupitor, mostly I'm interested in account wide items/titles like you say are limited to Remix. Mounts for sure. Toys ...maybe? I don't really get into pets but if they are easy to pick up on the way I would. I understand the heirlooms are out of reach?

The problem is I haven't played through Pandaria so I'm going in blind and don't know what to expect. It's going to take me more time just to figure out where to go and what needs to be done. I've seen a lot of posts here and on Wowhead about Remix but have no idea where the places are or a lot of the new abbreviations (which is a really weird place to find myself because I was the go-to person in my guild for any information about the game). I just don't want to spend the limited time I have trying to figure things out only to find the things I can get are not that great.

I'm not subbed and not planning to. Also I don't know If it matters but the highest lvl toon I had was 85 (whatever that translates to after the squish)

As of yet I haven't found a lot of info in one place as to what is accessible to a lvl 20, best ways to get there and what are things that remain with the character or account or opened up for purchase after the Remix ends. Most everything I've seen is the novelty of insane gearing etc. that will disappear when it all ends.

Last of all, do you all know if there is an addon that will help with all this?

Thanks for the input so far!

Absolutely. Getting to level 20 is faster than on retail.

I recommend getting Infinite Power XII achievement first. This post is a good start.
Once you have your 1st char with max level cloak, start creating/leveling alts.

After Remix is over, all your chars that are lv 11 or higher will be moved to retail. They lose all gear and items. They will get a full set of appropriate starter gear and some 20-slot bags after move to retail.

Remix offers a lot of achievements that are not normally available to F2P accounts (Heroic dungeons, scenarios, etc.).

Can also get exalted with Order of the Cloud Serpent which is not possible on retail.
If you are starting over with a new acct, I would also recommend getting The Anglers rep to revered for the Anglers Fishing Raft

These are the major rewards you should aim for

Theramore Tabard (Alliance Only) - 500 Bronze
Mini Mana Bomb (Horde Only) - 500 Bronze

Kor'Kron Shaman Vestments - 2500 Bronze - Dark Shaman set from SoO, moggable on ALL classes
Guise of the Shado-Pan Ensemble - 2500 Bronze -Shado-pan armor, moggable on ALL classes

https://www.wowhead.com/item=220766/reins-of-the-august-phoenix - Reaching level 20

https://www.wowhead.com/item=217723/fury-of-xuen, https://www.wowhead.com/item=217724/kindness-of-chi-ji, https://www.wowhead.com/item=217725/essence-of-yulon https://www.wowhead.com/item=217726/fortitude-of-niuzao :

Reins of the Astral Emperor's Mount: (Might need the help of a 70, or a really buff 20)

Cherry Blossom Trail:

Halfhill Farmer's Backpack:

Chen Stormstout's Keg:

Class Armor Ensembles: (Armor)
https://www.wowhead.com/achievement=19879/landfall:
(note: If you have time, I recommend finishing this questline on a RETAIL ALLIANCE 20 first, then buying https://www.wowhead.com/item=93231/grand-commendation-of-operation-shieldwall. This will make the rep grind MUCH FASTER FOR BOTH HORDE AND ALLIANCE CHARACTERS)

Class Weapon Arsenal: (Weapons, You will need a summon and the help of a 70)

If you can buy a sub, you can get the SoO looms as well. Other than that, there's lots of MoP Raid Sets and Mounts you can buy, I'd recommend rifling through the vendor for some interesting ones. Do your Scenario+Dungeon dailies and world bosses if possible (1. Timeless Isle Celestial Court -> 2. Sha of Anger -> 3. Galleon). If you need more Bronze, @Katmandu has a list of good achievements to pick up.

Most of the best points have already been made. except it makes alts easier, and doesn't require much time to do it. Since you plan on staying F2P (and assuming warbands works for F2P), having low-level alts is going to be massive, I'd argue bigger than low-level flying.

Thanks for all the info! I'll be taking a closer look a here. I rolled a new rogue and started the questline but I may delete a Druid I just started and run him through the Remix first like Katmandu has suggested.

I still have some questions about how to go about things. Should I stick with the questline? Since I never played Pandaria I don't know if the questline I'm on is part of the original or Remix. Someone said the best source of bronze was the rewards from quests. but then they also said they did over 600 quests I think and it took 22 hours to get Infinite Power XII! :eek: Should I skip the quests and just go exploring and grind mobs along the way? or a combination of both?

Dragpz, I'm a little confused about what questline you were referring to get the Grand Commendation of Operation: Shieldwall. Is this a questline a lvl 20 can do?

I'm also confused as to what dungeons people are running. Maybe It's my old-school knowledge of things and maybe I'm getting confused as to what lvl toons are being played but it seems that I'm reading of people running their overpowered lvl 20's through raid fights that are way over their lvl range but are able to get into somehow? or are these just world bosses they are fighting? like I said maybe I'm all washed up on that. I'm assuming, however, I should be queuing for Dungeons when I'm able?

I really appreciate all who have jumped in here. It has been a big help.

Last edited:
Ok I found some answers in this article by SQUISHEI over at Wowhead that has cleared up a bit for me. It looks like I should run heroics as soon as I can and keep going till I can solo it? Is this the best way to gain threads? After this should I be going for the achievements and bronze that Katmandu mentioned?

Ok I found some answers in this article by SQUISHEI over at Wowhead that has cleared up a bit for me. It looks like I should run heroics as soon as I can and keep going till I can solo it? Is this the best way to gain threads? After this should I be going for the achievements and bronze that Katmandu mentioned?

If you are lost, then yeah, either spam run Random Heroics or work on the Main Quest, you have over a month, so that is plenty of time. You should, at least do your dailies, and World Bosses if you can, those give lots of threads. Some articles might be slightly outdated, because they did buff Bronze and Thread gains at some point.

Here's a macro to keep track of your Thread count:
Code:
/run local c,s={0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,148},0;for i=1,9 do s=s+C_CurrencyInfo.GetCurrencyInfo(2853+c[i]).quantity end print("Total threads: "..s)

And yes, the Shieldwall Campaign is doable as a Retail 20, with a bit of creative Spirit Rezzing (You can fly as a spirit in Pandaria, but it's completely optional). However, Retail Horde and Timerunner 20s can't do it. If you need more direct daily instructions then yeah:
  1. Do your daily scenario and heroic dungeon quest
  2. Hit as many Achievements as you can on the list.
  3. Do World Bosses (optional)
World bosses actually might be hard to get to since everyone is one-shotting them, but you should at least get Galleon, because that's required for one of the achievements. Other than that, have fun! Cuz you have plenty of time to max out a level 20.

TWW prepatch is in 5 days, this may make remix a ghost town

supposedly the TTW event will be huge XP also

blizz had TWW like on or before 30 Aug i think, with MOP remix expiration i think around the prepatch launch of Aug 23

i believe the MSFT money department was involved in the push to Jul 23.

now level 70 players trapped in MOP remix for near a month into TWW prepatch and blizzard did not consider this when pushing TWW forward one month. i believe MOP remix was supposed to be a time sink until TWW, not a massive overlap with players trapped. i have seen a few threads on the ability at 70 to option out of remix, imo player uproar on this will explode once more realize they are being hindered now

I've begun farming rep for the Golden Lotus and have noticed that none of the mobs in Vale of Eternal Blossoms are dropping any loot for me. I'm getting rep, just no drops. Does anyone know why this is? Do I need to do a quest line to unlock the zone?

Temple of the White Tiger seems to be the starting quest to get into the zone properly but I can't find any information as to the prerequisite to being able to pick it up. (none of the quest givers listed are offering it)

I've begun farming rep for the Golden Lotus and have noticed that none of the mobs in Vale of Eternal Blossoms are dropping any loot for me. I'm getting rep, just no drops. Does anyone know why this is? Do I need to do a quest line to unlock the zone?
Can't loot items from mobs more than 10 levels above you.

Temple of the White Tiger seems to be the starting quest to get into the zone properly but I can't find any information as to the prerequisite to being able to pick it up. (none of the quest givers listed are offering it)
Kun-Lai Summint is a level 25 zone in Remix, so you need to be level 25+ to see any quests (or loot any treasures)

Last edited:
Can't loot items from mobs more than 10 levels above you.
Ha! Is this something new? ...I guess I could have either forgotten that or never had opportunity like Remix to be OP enough to kill that high of a mob.

Kun-Lai Summint is a level 25 zone in Remix, so you need to be level 25+ to see any quests (or loot any treasures)
Thanks. I probably should have asked sooner before I went looking all over the place :-D

Users who are viewing this thread