3.2 Heirloom Enchant Changes?

Hey all, I've been searching this site and others for any facts regarding a possible change in how BC enchants can be applied to BoA heirlooms after 3.2. Something like, instead of only being able to enchant a Balanced Heartseeker with +15 Agility, I can now apply +20 Greater Agility for a 39 twink. Will anyone point me to the correct thread for this or confirm this from the PTR?

I can check tomorrow on the PTR perhaps, if I can find an item to enchant, or if I can find mats...but I have no idea why blizzard would do this, because that would mean Mongoose (BC enchant) on heirloom weapons in the 19 bracket? GG

Spooksters said:
I can check tomorrow on the PTR perhaps, if I can find an item to enchant, or if I can find mats...but I have no idea why blizzard would do this, because that would mean Mongoose (BC enchant) on heirloom weapons in the 19 bracket? GG

Mongoose enchants have a level 35 item requirement, so 19s can't have this... ever.

I'm curious if Blizz might be fixing the "problems" for twinks in the 39 bracket that want enchants that have a level 35 item requirement ("Requires a level 35 item or higher") on their heirlooms. Right now, you can only apply pre-BC enchants, ones that do not have any level requirements because heirlooms count as level 1 still. It just seems silly to me to not allow chars 35 or over to have corresponding enchants on their hard earned heirlooms once the heirloom is at or above a "requires level 35" point. Hope that clears it up...

lol, think about the SP/stats the mace will grant with 35+ chants in 39...

that would be so dmn far away from any normal item, its not even funny.

Bansil said:
lol, think about the SP/stats the mace will grant with 35+ chants in 39...

that would be so dmn far away from any normal item, its not even funny.

Ok, let's look at it like this. I am *not* talking about putting Greater Savagery on an heirloom weapon and mailing that item to a twink at 39; yes, that would be "so dmn far away from any normal item", and would probably be funny anyway. I *am* talking about allowing heirlooms the same enchant options that other level 35+ items have. For instance, my twink will wear the Robes of the Lich, which requires level 37 to wear. I can enchant this chest piece with Enchant Chest - Exceptional Stats, thus giving me +6 to all stats. This enchant is from vendors in Hellfire Peninsula and so, is from the Burning Crusade expansion. Why can't a Sharpened Scarlet Kris (heirloom, capable of being a level 35+ item) be enchanted with Enchant Weapon - Greater Agility once it's level 35+?

There is not much difference between the vanilla WoW enchants and the BC enchants for the 39 bracket. Here are a few examples:

Agility Weapon Enchants

Requires level 1: Enchant Weapon - Agility - Spell - World of Warcraft

Requires level 35: Enchant Weapon - Greater Agility - Spell - World of Warcraft

Spell Power Weapon Enchants

Requires level 1: Enchant Weapon - Spell Power - Spell - World of Warcraft

Requires level 35: Enchant Weapon - Major Spellpower - Spell - World of Warcraft

Stats to Chest Enchants

Requires level 1: Enchant Chest - Greater Stats - Spell - World of Warcraft

Requires level 35: Enchant Chest - Exceptional Stats - Spell - World of Warcraft

Now, I don't think those BC enchants look very threatening on heirlooms, say, in the face of twinks with the all-powerful Mongoose in this twink bracket. Heirlooms take much more effort to purchase and it's illogical to be denied BC enchants once the heirloom reaches level 35+, while non-heirloom items at level 35+ *can* have BC enchants.

Also, with the new heirloom chest pieces coming into view, those who purchase them for their twinks cannot enchant them with BC enchants and this may decrease their value. Your choice will be, a) work for the heirloom chest and dress it up with a vanilla WoW enchant, or b) keep your non-heirloom, best-in-slot chest piece and be able to have a BC enchant on it instead.

It's not like that atm because Blizzard doesn't have the time to spend recoding all the BC enchants to act like that. It'd definitely work, though I'd rather they took the opportunity to make many of those BC enchants require lvl 50+ instead of 35, but it's simply very low on their priority list.

Oh, and there's always the chance that they're leaving it that way because it makes using the Heirlooms a bit of a tradeoff in some slots, which means that twinks without a main are less angry about the heirlooms.

Blizz has the stats on many of the BoA items so high that even with vanilla WOW enchants they trounce Blues and Epics with BC enchants. like caster maces/staves, and the new chest pieces

i use the boa staff (stone keeper shard version) on my 39 lock with 30sp and have been happy with it so far even though a soj would allow me to get the 54 shadow damage chant...boa's have some fairly nice stats for survival that i am more then willing to trade off for a bit better enchant :eek:

Here's one reason why this can never happen.

BoA SP Mace + BC enchant will be the most OP item ever. They won't allow that. End of story.

Agreed. Heirlooms are OP enough with vanilla enchants, do you really want 39 casters using BoA staves/maces with soulfrost, sunfire, 40 SP etc etc etc?

iaccidentallytwink said:
Here's one reason why this can never happen.

BoA SP Mace + BC enchant will be the most OP item ever. They won't allow that. End of story.

Besides that fact that it just makes sense to have an appropriate item level per character level, there are a couple other reasons I predict a change. First, they constantly need to find new ways to allow for easier leveling without totally bypassing content. Boa gear has very good point allocation which essentially helps a character level quicker. Allowing level appropriate enchants to go along with that is a logical step to ease leveling.

Blizz is ambivalent to twinks. They don't care if getting mongoose, sunfire, or any other enchant will break a bracket. They aren't OP at 80 so for you to say they won't allow level appropriate enchants on the basis that it affects twinks is just naive.

The only reason that this may not happen is that, simply put, blizzard is super busy and super lazy. But maybe in the future when the level cap hits 90 or 100 it is a change I really don't see them having a problem with.

I agree that Heirloom Items are already really good if not BiS. Now the only competition you give to people with out BoAs is that they can have BC enchants. If you give Savagery to a BaR my LoA will not be able to compete with the DPS that it puts out and it will make it Extremly OP. Not to mention Twink Paladins with a BaR can often out DPS me easily giving them savagery just makes them a hell of a lot better.

I don't think anyone would argue that Boa's with the 35+ enchants would make them BiS (in 99% of examples). I'm just saying that I can certainly see this happening regardless of twinks to ease the woes of leveling. Not to mention it forces more twinks to continue the grind to 80 if only to get the extra gear. Introducing BoA gear was the smartest thing Blizz has ever done to ensure twinks stay committed to buying expansions and continue to keep the Blizzard coffers full.

Eventually, twinks will consist of a full set of BoA items. The real question is after the full set is available will they introduce and upgraded BoA set that trumps the current pieces??

Castrophy said:
I agree that Heirloom Items are already really good if not BiS. Now the only competition you give to people with out BoAs is that they can have BC enchants. If you give Savagery to a BaR my LoA will not be able to compete with the DPS that it puts out and it will make it Extremly OP. Not to mention Twink Paladins with a BaR can often out DPS me easily giving them savagery just makes them a hell of a lot better.

Crusader > Savagery imo anyway

Cmoncmere said:
Mongoose enchants have a level 35 item requirement, so 19s can't have this... ever.

I'm curious if Blizz might be fixing the "problems" for twinks in the 39 bracket that want enchants that have a level 35 item requirement ("Requires a level 35 item or higher") on their heirlooms. Right now, you can only apply pre-BC enchants, ones that do not have any level requirements because heirlooms count as level 1 still. It just seems silly to me to not allow chars 35 or over to have corresponding enchants on their hard earned heirlooms once the heirloom is at or above a "requires level 35" point. Hope that clears it up...

You can put BC chants on quest items and other items if they have an 'item level' of 35 and above. I have put +6 stats on a simple black dress and have worn it at level 5. I also have + 43 spl power on a healadin mace in 29s, and 6 stats on a lv 19 qst chest, and have a buddy with mongoose on a blue lv 34 uber mace in the 29s. so if they allow you to enchant BoA with higher lv enchants then yes, adding lv 60+ chants to the BoA gear will be uerly OP at 19. If they nerf all the chants and make them require lv 35/60 players to use the chant then all my 29ers will get nerfed hard. I only know of the +100hp to chest that requires player level of 30. Which is stupid since +4stats didnt get nerfed.

if you could add a lv 35+chant on them, then you could also do a lv 60/70/80 enchant. then they'd be OP. I cant see this happening, unless they nerf chants even more so that it was player level 100% of the time. It would hurt the 29 hunters and healadins alot since they benifit most from quest items. and my 59 rogue would be even mroe useless.

I expect that Blizzard are planning to make all enchants usable by character level rather than item level. ie the heirlooms will be enchantable with any enchant, but the enchant won't work unless you pass the level requirement.

This makes much more sense imo.

Users who are viewing this thread