2v2 Arena League: Preliminary Details

Finesse

Legend
2v2 Arena League: Preliminary Details

This thread contains details on a soon-to-be player run arena league for free to play twinks.

Read my post and answer this question, would you participate in this activity? If no, do you suggest any changes?

I plan to create a player organized 2v2 War Games: Arena league. I feel it would be a great way to control over powered classes (Restrictions such as no Hunter-Hunter combinations, or no scattershot) and to experience a new type of pvp that is currently unavailable to the f2p twinking community. The system would work as follows: (very similar to GAMEBATTLES, if you dont know what that is read carefully below)

Step 1. League commissioner uses a random system to decide what teams verse that week.

Step 2. Team captains contact each other and set a time and date to play all 5 war games.

Step 3. At set time/date, a p2p player groups the players that are participating on that day.

Step 4. 5 games are played via the war games menu, best 3 of 5 style

Step 5. Team Captains report scores to league commissioner

Step 6. Teams are ranked and scored, just like in the WoW Arena System

Since the time/date of the games are decided on a personal level, players are sure to find a convenient time to get their league games in. Ofcourse a limit on the time allowed to get the games in would need to be in effect.

As I mentioned, since it is our league, the administration team could decide on rules such as no Hunter-Hunter combinations or no Resto Shaman-Hunter teams. This may enhance the game experience by making it more balanced or it could make some whinny bitches cry. Everything is up in the air at this point. I have some ideas i'd like to implement and just wanted to see what you guys think, don't flame me.

Another idea, replacing Step 2 above, would be that ALL teams in the bracket assemble at a given time/date and p2p players group them and they play several games against several different teams. This would be easier for our p2p friends because they would only have to spend 10 minutes grouping us all then be done rather than get random requests to group us at odd times. PLus if a p2p isnt online when ur scheduled to play, your shit outta luck. But it may be harder to get our EU friends online at the right time.

Ok guys, what do you think?

EDIT: Also, I just want to say, like any type of organized PvP, Arena's are TONS OF FUN. It really gets competitive and skill and strategy override gear. I love playing arena matches, i want to share that with the rest of the world <3

List of People Who Want to Partake in a F2P 2v2 Arena League:

1. Finesse

2. CIHC

3. Dragonsblood

4. hottacos

5. Volturi

6. Bone

7. Senior Penguin

8. Jeralulz

9. Hardc0re

10. Taeran

11. Flows

12. lolItsMutank

13. Praana

14. Jdoring

15. Konokrad

(The list is by fourm name only, not ingame character name)

Looks sexy, this has my support. I agree with the no hunter / hunter bit however actually stopping people from doing this would be difficult.

CIHC said:
Looks sexy, this has my support. I agree with the no hunter / hunter bit however actually stopping people from doing this would be difficult.

Easy, remove the team from the bracket, nobody else will play them and they wont be able to organize games on their own. The teams need a commissioner to assign the game so it can be considered part of our league and thus their team rate can improve. Also, a "referee" addon could be made..

sounds awesome

I think you need to give more thought to the restrictions tho, IMO hunters should be completelly banned or suffer special gear restrictions

ill do anything i can to help with this. i also wish we could start up casual 2v2 arena but its a pain with wargames

I'm in on my 20 shaman I'm working on if Med wants to team up.

My shaman will have everything by the book so don't worry.

That sounds like a great idea if you can get it to work. I would definitely do it. Although I'd have to ask my teammate to leave to keep things competitive. No1 FTP!!!

Finesse said:
I feel it would be a great way to control over powered classes (Restrictions such as no Hunter-Hunter combinations, or no scattershot) and to experience a new type of pvp that is currently unavailable to the f2p twinking community.

I love the idea, but please don't do this! Don't start banning things even before you really know it's overpowered.

When the top 10 teams of the first league is hunter/hunter spamming scattershots, then you ban it.

If you guys don't at least even try to overcome somthing, before calling OP, you'll never trully learn how to play the game, IMO.

Arenas have a lot of LoS so hunters aren't that powerful there, it's a whole different game than BGs...

Other than that, I hope everyone joins and plays! It'll be mad fun! Count me in as we previously talked ingame ^^

Bone said:
I'm in on my 20 shaman I'm working on if Med wants to team up.

My shaman will have everything by the book so don't worry.

sure. Try get your BOA weapon before it starts^^:p

- Im in.

BTW, we should get the in-game names also? Makes things A LOT easier:p

Perhaps sync with the names thread with armory so we can stalk our opponents:p

I'm in! :D yea ideas while being in a BG together rocks :p btw your Balance Druid still wont work out xD

Med'an said:
sure. Try get your BOA weapon before it starts^^:p

- Im in.

I xfered it over with other BoAs. I'm going to take the 22 int off it before I q any pvp though and replace it with +1 wep dmg! OP!

IMPORTANT: Teams will have anywhere from 2-6 players, to make sure atleast 2 can make it every game.

Shockur said:
sounds awesome, I think you need to give more thought to the restrictions tho, IMO hunters should be completelly banned or suffer special gear restrictions

I have a feeling it will come to that, but I want to play the game as it is first and if we find that Hunters are winning 90% of the time, some sort of gameplay balancing rules will be implemented.

elocon said:
Is there any arena wargames going daily on AP?

@elocon, kinda-sorta, we did arena once when we were all hanging around after a AGM spawn, but no arena's dont happen normally. If this idea picks up, we could create a casual/unranked league with easier ways to set up games.

Subpar said:
ill do anything i can to help with this. i also wish we could start up casual 2v2 arena but its a pain with wargames

@Subpar, Well I might need an referee addon written.. But if you can help ingame, you could group us =D And I want to set up a casual league also, only if this idea becomes popular.

Hardc0re said:
I love the idea, but please don't do this! Don't start banning things even before you really know it's overpowered.

When the top 10 teams of the first league is hunter/hunter spamming scattershots, then you ban it.

If you guys don't at least even try to overcome somthing, before calling OP, you'll never trully learn how to play the game, IMO.

Arenas have a lot of LoS so hunters aren't that powerful there, it's a whole different game than BGs...

Other than that, I hope everyone joins and plays! It'll be mad fun! Count me in as we previously talked ingame ^^

@Hardc0re, I agree totally man. The first "season" will be a bit of a test run.

Med'an said:

As we get closer to the season start date, yes ill make a list of teams and the ingame character names but for now i havent even rolled the toon i want to! My teammate and I are deciding the best arena combo >=)

We should thave max 2, perhaps 3 on each team. Else it would be to few teams IMO

Users who are viewing this thread