29s.. dead?

Tinkertot

Legend
So, i've been hearing the rumors lately that the 29s bracket is all but dead.. im hoping this isnt a fact and if you have any info on it i would be grateful to hear it. :X

WSG, AB, and Arenas have all been Unavailable the last 3 times I checked them (few days ago/yesterday/tonight)

*edit* this is Reckoning btw :(

I'm tempted to go to a server where alot of the 29 twinks that are on this forum are serverwise and just make a guild, so that we will have them all in one. Since some of them on this server are willing to pay for transfer.

Just gotta pick which server has the majority of them.

Myself and some others will be defibrillating Retaliation. We've got Alliance covered on Area 52; horde representation would be great within BGBad. Hit me up in game with a /who Screwed. It'll bring up anyone in Screwed Blued and Tattooed who can track me down damn near anywhere OR can help you as well.

<3 T

Talala said:
Myself and some others will be defibrillating Retaliation. We've got Alliance covered on Area 52; horde representation would be great within BGBad. Hit me up in game with a /who Screwed. It'll bring up anyone in Screwed Blued and Tattooed who can track me down damn near anywhere OR can help you as well.

<3 T

So, as a gnome, what realm should i go to? I am almost set to transfer with my twink as soon as i finish up getting a last couple things. More than willing to transfer to a realm that will allow me to pvp to my full extent. Lol. Lemme know where i should go and who to speak to.

I worked all last night on realm hopping looking for some old twinks. While I have made some headway alliance side, I'm not getting much out of the horde on Retaliation. I had one guy say that since 3.2 he refuses to twink anymore since he can't one shot the clothies...a twink making that statement alone irritates me, but I digress...

If you're horde within the Retal battlegroup, please get in touch with me. Velen ally is restructuring as is A52. Tinker, I'd sit tight atm. While I'm trying to make this work, I can't do it alone. It's gonna take a community effort. Transfer nothing until more solidity shapes up, but that's just my 2 copper.

<3 T

Talala said:
I worked all last night on realm hopping looking for some old twinks. While I have made some headway alliance side, I'm not getting much out of the horde on Retaliation. I had one guy say that since 3.2 he refuses to twink anymore since he can't one shot the clothies...a twink making that statement alone irritates me, but I digress...

If you're horde within the Retal battlegroup, please get in touch with me. Velen ally is restructuring as is A52. Tinker, I'd sit tight atm. While I'm trying to make this work, I can't do it alone. It's gonna take a community effort. Transfer nothing until more solidity shapes up, but that's just my 2 copper.

<3 T

Ok. I will keep posted on this thread. In the meantime I'll work on my 19 twink :X :)

UPDATE!! I have just obtained my Arena Grand Master and am fully twinked aside from the WSG and AB I am not able to obtain because of my fear of leveling. So whenever I get the ok, I will be ready for pvp. :)

SpikeTheSilent said:
some1 making that statement aint a twink tbh...

Explain - some argue that twinking isnt a "valid" way of playing the game in the first place. Who are you to judge how people play their already considered invalid form of play.

And by the way, twinking did begin with people making characters to farm undergeared players.

We are actively trying to get Reckoning up and running again. I've started to try and organize games but we need active numbers to get things moving. Currently games are tough to come by (given the popularity of 19 and 39). That said, I encourage as many people to come over and get things moving again.

We currently have a thread up in the Reckoning Forums to try and arrange games, but I will be working here to get things done as well.

Deathmon said:
We are actively trying to get Reckoning up and running again. I've started to try and organize games but we need active numbers to get things moving. Currently games are tough to come by (given the popularity of 19 and 39). That said, I encourage as many people to come over and get things moving again.

We currently have a thread up in the Reckoning Forums to try and arrange games, but I will be working here to get things done as well.

not so much the popularity of 19 and 39......last time i played 29, those who whine about hunters in 19 have seen nothing. hunters in 29 are gamebreaking. concussive shot, wing clip, frost/ice traps, pets slows (that weren't in bracket before), scatter shot......and then disengage. depending on build along with duel wield and being able to enchant for 44 intellect....gain mana and AP from it....they are monsters

I'm in Shanker's boat on this one. I'm still polishing the gear of my 29 in the hopes of sometime transferring to a live battlegroup, but 29s now play very differently than other brackets, and most people don't seem to want to play that way, as I understand it. Basically, everyone needs to support the team of hunters, and the hunters in turn need to defend their support. Ever since Lloydganks destroyed a 29 BG while naked (before the no-xp patch) and documented it here, it became clear to me that 29s were headed in this direction.

Asking 29 hunters not to use certain abilities is not the answer -- I think hunters should be allowed to use all the tools at their disposal, same as any other class. The radically different class balance of 29s means that bracket has a higher barrier to entry right now, and will take more organization than the other brackets to sustain.

Bwappo

Shanker summed it up pretty well, 29 Hunters are nigh unstoppable. This does not mean that fun games can not be had and Deathmon is working hard to make that happen. We are scheduling games on the forums and using xfaction.net to communicate to players on different realms and factions, even different battlegroups. This helps us to balance things out and perhaps ask a hunter to switch to another character or to another faction to try and keep the games competitive.

shanker said:
along with duel wield and being able to enchant for 44 intellect...

Sir, they could have actually 52 mana from enchants if they are alliance. (There might be a horde equivalent idk but I know there is an ally axe that is very viable @ 29)

We are still interested

I spoke with various twinks tonight including shadowgodess, healusohard, hardcorehot, and socallthecps. between all of us we are still interested in playing 29 BG's and are will to help revive reckoning

jailbot said:
Sir, they could have actually 52 mana from enchants if they are alliance. (There might be a horde equivalent idk but I know there is an ally axe that is very viable @ 29)

my friend has a hunter at 29 still, has 2 zealot blades with +22 int enchants each, plus all his other gear and change out butchers with +15 agi on each. a pure beast. after wotlk turned them to monsters in the bracket, i used to keep my rogue with him and we just mow thru 4-5 players at a time

yeah horde has a +35 lvl axe "bleeding crescent" quest reward that +30 int can go on.

Users who are viewing this thread