29s Combat Rogue

Anexa

Veteran
I personally tried to rock as much agility as possible

unknown.png

Which is a mistake imo, I'm too low hp, warrior's https://classic.wowhead.com/spell=7887/overpower is wrecking me due too much dodge and I still don't do that much damage. My lvl 19 twink almost do the same damage as my 29.

I don't think agi libram is worth until TBC due leg armor giving so much stam. So my idea is to drop down on agi. I see how everyone consider https://classic.wowhead.com/spell=20032/enchant-weapon-lifestealing as BiS. Care to explain why? I rarely see it proc for people who use it, why not fiery instead?

Also, it looks to me that dagger rogue is way more profitable in vanilla than combat. Pretty much every casual twink are just running around to ambush people, but it still seems to be a higher threat than combat rogues. What's your take on it?

TL;DR
• Why lifesteal over fiery?
• does dagger rogue deal more damage than sword rogue in vanilla?

Lifesteal and fiery proc rates are same afaik. So youre trading a little more burst for sustain.

Daggers have heavier burst but come with the restriction of hitting from behind and dying fast. Combat is more damage in longer fights, when you get your s&d and/or expose armor up.

The general idea with daggers is:
more glasscannon gear and kill fast/die fast

With combat:
more survivability build, get control of the fight to win it in the end. Also a lot of options to cc, since your dmg is not that energy dependant. Keep it up for kick/gouge

Not very datailed, but for beginners the idea should be understandable.

Combat rogues are filthy at 29.. IMO they are best built when the user stacks a stam type build.. gets the riposte talent.. and crusader.. Then you can really sit in the pocket and trade punches while waiting for that crusader and riposte proc.. I go 100 hp both legs and helm.. 16 stam to the shoulders.. I sit at 2053 health unbuffed.. when the crusader procs my attack power is as high as any rogue who stacks AP.. if any hunter warrior rogue accidentally parries me, then they are completely screwed.. 29 combat rogues are very viable.. if you start to built too over agi based.. you as well just throw a dagger in your hand and fully convert. Sword rogues are meant to be a bit beefy.. combat rogues also get imp sprint which is the best move we get for fighting mages and just dealing with them overall

Users who are viewing this thread