29 WW Monk guide

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is scaled shadowfang maybe bis?
I'd say you'd want the stam on weapons tbh, unlike a rogue you're always gonna be vulnerable unlike a rogue for example. So it's important to find a balance where you have enough stamina to survive alone.
[doublepost=1540833301,1540833123][/doublepost]
It's Darkwater Talwar or the Hillborne axe as he posed at the top. Even the best scaled fang is worse than the Darkwater Talwar.

I think the proc on the Talwar is fine, if the OP does not like it you will get almost the EXACT same results from the hillborne axe. You just lose a small chance to get lucky for the occasional healer burndown.

The Vibroblade tho is hard to judge, I have an enhancement shaman that I use Two on... and the proc is still VERY BAD... I just don't think the Vibroblade can be BiS with a proc like it has. I like it more for ORGANIZED play where your team might actually take advantage of a healer that has the debuff on him and just kill that gimp... but, for pugs where people just do whatever its often a wasted debuff.. and all you did was wander around with a weapon with no stats and bad damage.
Yeah I agree about the vibroblade, in pugs I'd only equip it when I see the enemy has twink Restosham / hpally. Other than that I'd just roll with hillborn or darkwater if that's your cup of tea.

I'm not a fan of the Darkwater personally, The proc seems way to inconsistent to me so I'd rather just have flat out more stats. And yeah the build is quite similar to a rogues but I am planning on adding some options like BoE gloves with reinforcment (11 stam) and such, just havent gotten that far yet. Wrote this earlier in the day so it's not complete yet.

I do appreciate the feedback tho and I'll update it with some more "tankier" options as well.

So to somewhat add on the topic of weapons, I apologize if anyone said it before, something else you may want to keep in mind is the DPS/top end of suggested weapons (vibroblade as an exception because the proc is too good). Someone, I forgot the name, mentioned that monks actually benefit from that now. I don't know 29's gear choices as much as I do 20's, so I can't say if your listed choices offer the highest topend/dps, but just something to keep in mind. :)

I think guides such as this are necessary because it lays out options that people may not have previously considered. BiS is kinda up to your own personal preference this xpac, which is great, but a well put together guide such as this lays down a foundation for people who are new to the bracket and not as informed as those of us who have been around for a long time.

Great guide, and thank you for the initiative.

I played WW for about 5 games last night and was reminded of just how ****ing trash it actually is. Even just opening up with no resistance on a target the damage is just pathetic. You can just play MistWeaver and play the EXACT same way... kicking things in the face and not healing anybody but yourself, and do twice as much damage as WW. There is just NO reason to burden yourself outside of wanting to be "that guy that plays WW". Disappointing.

If you could not just play MistWeaver the EXACT SAME WAY (minus Fists which is just terrible at this level) I'd say its worth it, but you can so its just straight gimped.

Last edited:
I played WW for about 5 games last night and was reminded of just how ****ing trash it actually is. Even just opening up with no resistance on a target the damage is just pathetic. You can just play MistWeaver and play the EXACT same way... kicking things in the face and not healing anybody but yourself, and do twice as much damage as WW. There is just NO reason to burden yourself outside of wanting to be "that guy that plays WW". Disappointing.

If you could not just play MistWeaver the EXACT SAME WAY (minus Fists which is just terrible at this level) I'd say its worth it, but you can so its just straight gimped.
In my opinion it's not WW that is the problem, the problem is that this bracket is dominated by casters like spriests, balance druids and arcane mages. Playing melee in general (other than rogue) atm sucks ass because you just get melted by casters.

In my opinion it's not WW that is the problem, the problem is that this bracket is dominated by casters like spriests, balance druids and arcane mages. Playing melee in general (other than rogue) atm sucks ass because you just get melted by casters.

Fury Warrior does just fine who, even Retribution can hammer on people (and has one of the best slows and the best stun), all of WW damage is just weak... its similar to feral damage. Plus as I said their damage is less than MW doing the same thing... and MW can lightning people to death as needed.

I have a geared fury warrior as well and have the exact same problem vs heavy caster teams. and I wouldent say WW damage is that bad, yes it's not a fury warrior but we do good damage.

I think you mean lack of heals though. If a Fury has heals you are chopping casters down like butter, a WW is not going to do that. I think in a general balanced game you can do alright, its just not a shining class nor do I think its even tier 2 (Ret or MistWeaver would be Tier 2 melee damage)... I think its on par with Feral around tier 3... ish)... which is cool.

I think you mean lack of heals though. If a Fury has heals you are chopping casters down like butter, a WW is not going to do that. I think in a general balanced game you can do alright, its just not a shining class nor do I think its even tier 2 (Ret or MistWeaver would be Tier 2 melee damage)... I think its on par with Feral around tier 3... ish)... which is cool.
Yeah I was talking about in a pug game mainly, I mainly que alone or with the lads (no1 plays healer) and as a fury warrior you run into the exact same problem as a WW without healers on your team.

In a balanced and organized scenario (wargames), a feral will outdamage a windwalker 100% of the time. It's true that highest damage build of a feral, is still a gimped balance druid. But you're still a gimped version of a god tier spec. The lunar inspiration moonfire padding is highly underrated and you still have st pressure with rake/tigers fury. You also have the best mobility out of any melee spec in the game with shapeshifting and dash.

In a balanced and organized scenario (wargames), a feral will outdamage a windwalker 100% of the time. It's true that highest damage build of a feral, is still a gimped balance druid. But you're still a gimped version of a god tier spec. The lunar inspiration moonfire padding is highly underrated and you still have st pressure with rake/tigers fury. You also have the best mobility out of any melee spec in the game with shapeshifting and dash.

Sure, still the difference between a wet fart and a dry fart... they both still stink.

I remember when we had karma and touch of death. Good times.
I miss WoD days where our blackout kick damage was modified by our position to the enemy and when FoF actually stunned
And flying kick

Guess you've never queued against a feral that spams moonfire then, because the damage is no joke.

Compared to what? It is still a class that can't engage in melee with any other melee class oustisde of enhancement shamans and actually live... why would you just just spam moon fire as balance and do 3x as much damage. :p

Feral is just Straight up tier 3 (just not enough skills at the 29s), not sure what else to talk about here.

Compared to what? It is still a class that can't engage in melee with any other melee class oustisde of enhancement shamans and actually live... why would you just just spam moon fire as balance and do 3x as much damage. :p

Feral is just Straight up tier 3 (just not enough skills at the 29s), not sure what else to talk about here.

You have the best mobility in the game?????? That's how you engage in melee combat, on top of entangling roots in case you need to kite in 1v1s or pull a melee out of the fight for 8 seconds. Sure it's a bootleg balance druid (which I already said) but it still deals a lot of damage.

You have the best mobility in the game?????? That's how you engage in melee combat, on top of entangling roots in case you need to kite in 1v1s or pull a melee out of the fight for 8 seconds. Sure it's a bootleg balance druid (which I already said) but it still deals a lot of damage.

What do you mean by "alot of damage"... i'm just saying if you are talking about 30k running around, cool... if you are talking about 100k a game, I'd love to see proof of that cause I'll roll one right now.

What do you mean by "alot of damage"... i'm just saying if you are talking about 30k running around, cool... if you are talking about 100k a game, I'd love to see proof of that cause I'll roll one right now.

If we assume 100k is a high end point then feral could probably output ~60k. This is assuming it's a wargame obviously. These are estimates though, so I can't provide concrete evidence, it's just based off when I play feral against other people compared to balance.

If we assume 100k is a high end point then feral could probably output ~60k. This is assuming it's a wargame obviously. These are estimates though, so I can't provide concrete evidence, it's just based off when I play feral against other people compared to balance.

Cool. I'll probably make one, I love running the non fotm classes, makes it more fun.

I play MW and WW on my monk. WW is definitely gimped but for some reason I find it much more fun to play, mostly because it’s less just spamming the same combo over and over again. Also your perma slow is really fun skill and on EOTS team fights fist of fury can do hella damage.

Also you can definitely win a lot of 1v1s on WW (though on MW you can pretty much win all of them). Anyway not sure why I wrote this other than to just balance out the perspective if ppl wanna play WW; I think it’s fun at least. But get gear for both specs in case you wanna actually carry games and not just be a hipster dps class :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread