29 Twink Rogue Guide

Hey-

I'm writing this guide up for the community, and as a request by Rares.

I'll be covering spec, race, profs, glyphs, a typical gear setup, and some alternative weapon options, as well as some 'tricks of the trade'- the things i've seen the best rogues on bloodlust do.

Gear

Head: Pathfinder Hat of the Monkey- 9/9 Stats with +8 agility enchant(Libram of Voracity)

Neck: Sentinel's Medallion

Shoulders: Forest Tracker Epaulets: + Might of the Scourge Enchant if possible.

Back: Parachute Cloak: +12 Agility, Tigerstrike Mantle: Increased Stealth

Chest: Raptor Hunter Tunic: +6 Stats

Wrist: Emissary Cuffs of the Monkey: +9 Stamina/Archer's Bracers of Power:+9 Stamina

Gloves: Razzeric's Racing Grips: +15 Hit Rating

Belt: Highlander's Leather Girdle

Leggings: Petrolspill Leggings: Nethercleft Leg Armor

Boots: Highlander's Leather Boots: +7 Stamina

Rings: Deadman's Hand/Protector's Band/Charged Gear of the Monkey

Trinkets: Insignia of the Alliance/Medallion of the Horde+ AGM/Gnomish Net'O'Matic

Weapons: Torturing Poker MH: +5 Weapon Damage/Vendetta:+15 Agility

Ranged: Throat Piercers

Additional Weapon Options: (Horde)-Skullbreaker: +Mongoose

(Both)- Zealot Blade: +15 Agility (Not Reccomended)

Race

ALLIANCE:

Gnome: Escape Artist is a great talent for arena. This talent creates for three ways to remove slows on a 29 rogue without using any consumables or outside buffs. Strong option, and free 15 Engineering points allow for a nice goblin charging helmet as well.

Night Elf: Free vanish. Great for losing pet aggro, or dropping target from a hunter to get a few free bandage ticks.

Human: Two trinkets. Net+AGM, AGM+Shrink Ray, Shrink Ray+AGM, BoA trinkets, much more versatile and typically survivable.

Horde:

Orc: Blood Fury is a great arena burst spell. Awesome for duels.

Undead: Will of the Forsaken. Nuff' Said.

Troll: Berserking speed buff? Awesome for hittin' on a healer.

Tauren: See Link

Blood Elf: Arcane Torrent- Wish I had it. Darn horde get all the good stuff.

Talents:

Typical Backstab

Arena Survival Backstab

Sword/Mace

Glyphs:

Glyph of Backstab: Obvious Choice for major.

Glyph of Vanish:Yet again obvious-best option for minor.

TRICKS OF THE TRADE:

• Always use Mind-Numbing. No Matter the Circumstance.

When facing casters, ALWAYS save energy for a kick/gouge interrupt.

Use vanish offensively, and sprint defensively.

Win

Faceroll

:D

Anything else you need, please post. Your welcome Rares!

PS: 20 Minute Guide-NEW RECORD!

Throat Piercers are better for arena. Thrown>ranged

And AP wrists easily better over the agi on serra'kis for backstab

figured i would clean this up a bit for new patch etc. ima make this a new post i guess.

Head: Pathfinder Hat of the Monkey- 9/9

Neck: Sentinel's Medallion or [item=45627]Amulet of Truesight[/item] (for hit rating

Shoulders: Forest Tracker Epaulets or [item=39895]Cloaked Shoulderpads[/item] of the bandit

Back: Parachute Cloak: +12 Agility, Tigerstrike Mantle: Increased Stealth. or [item=10518]Parachute Cloak[/item] +12 agility

Chest: Raptor Hunter Tunic: +6 Stats

Wrist: Emissary Cuffs of the Monkey: +9 Stamina/Archer's Bracers of Power:+9 Stamina

Gloves: Razzeric's Racing Grips: +15 Hit Rating

Belt: Highlander's Leather Girdle

Leggs: [item=9624]Triprunner Dungarees[/item]

Boots: Highlander's Leather Boots: +7 Stamina

Rings: Deadman's Hand/Protector's Band/Charged Gear of the Monkey

Trinkets: Insignia of the Alliance/Medallion of the Horde+ AGM/Gnomish Net'O'Matic

Weapons: Torturing Poker MH: +5 Weapon Damage/Vendetta:+15 Agility

Ranged: Throat Piercers

which of the specs listed is best for BGs as a 29 rogue twink?

You can lose the Amulet of Truesight, but put Lesser Accuracy to your boots, over all you sacrifice about 30 HP but you get a little bit more from putting Sentinel's Medallion in its place.

I've been thinking of making a 29 twink rogue for a while now and this guide really helps. But what I'm wondering is, is the torturing poker really the best option. It has high DPS but that is the weapon's dps added with the fire dmg effect. The dps of the weapon w/o the fire dmg is 22.06. And since the fire dmg isnt added in for multiplier effects (such as ambush and backstab) does that still make this weapon superior to others?

I was just wanting to know if you had considered that before i go farming for it.

Rexworth said:
I've been thinking of making a 29 twink rogue for a while now and this guide really helps. But what I'm wondering is, is the torturing poker really the best option. It has high DPS but that is the weapon's dps added with the fire dmg effect. The dps of the weapon w/o the fire dmg is 22.06. And since the fire dmg isnt added in for multiplier effects (such as ambush and backstab) does that still make this weapon superior to others?

I was just wanting to know if you had considered that before i go farming for it.

Took me 70 runs to get it. :mad:

For legs you should get [ITEM]Triprunner Dungarees[/ITEM] and for mainhand dagger you should consider [ITEM]http://www.wowhead.com/?item=2912[/ITEM] instead of the poker. The poker is good n stuff since it can hit through blessing of protection, but in the claw has higher damage. If you want hit rating the [ITEM]Balanced heartseeker[/ITEM] is quite good as well.

Users who are viewing this thread