29 spellpower VS 30 spellpower

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gusys

OG
Hello, I'm wondering if 29 sp is more damage than 30 spellpower. This is in regaurds to weapon enchants.

Gusys said:
Hello, I'm wondering if 29 sp is more damage than 30 spellpower. This is in regaurds to weapon enchants.

Hm, as we discussed a while ago, it seems that 29 sp is better for casts such as mind blast and searing pain while 30 sp is better for heals such as heal and healing wave. You can test it out for yourself in Theramore (as I did.) I tested 29 sp with mind blast, hitting for around 150-200 each time, while with 30 sp hit for around 100-125.

Hm, I dunno, according to Throwed you do more damage with 29 but less healing? can anyone confirm this i would think a level 1 dummy test would suffice

Yeah, I got +29 spell power instead of +30 and my Mind Blasts hit for around 175 (up from ~125), but my heals did about 350 (down from ~450)

Tuff choice

EDIT: also, whenever I cast Cure Disease it healed me if I had +29 sp. weird.

I've simplified the +29 and +30 debate into this math equation:

((3x^2 - 27)/4) * ((8x^2)/(9 - 3x)) / ((x^2 + 3x)/6)

(3(x^2 - 9)/4) * ((8x^2)/(-3x + 9)) / (x(x + 3)/6)

((24x^2)(x - 3)(x + 3))/(-3(x - 3)) / (x(x + 3)/6)

((-8x^2)(x + 3)) / (x(x + 3)/6)

((-8x^2)(x + 3)) * (6/(x(x + 3)))

((-48x^2)(x + 3))/(x(x + 3))

-48x

((3x^2 - 27)/4) * ((8x^2)/(9 - 3x)) / ((x^2 + 3x)/6) = -48x

And after working it out, it appears +29 and +30 spell power cancel each other out.

Your best bet is probably to go with +15 strength to increase your melee dps and block value.

Painaid said:
I've simplified the +29 and +30 debate into this math equation:

((3x^2 - 27)/4) * ((8x^2)/(9 - 3x)) / ((x^2 + 3x)/6)

(3(x^2 - 9)/4) * ((8x^2)/(-3x + 9)) / (x(x + 3)/6)

((24x^2)(x - 3)(x + 3))/(-3(x - 3)) / (x(x + 3)/6)

((-8x^2)(x + 3)) / (x(x + 3)/6)

((-8x^2)(x + 3)) * (6/(x(x + 3)))

((-48x^2)(x + 3))/(x(x + 3))

-48x

((3x^2 - 27)/4) * ((8x^2)/(9 - 3x)) / ((x^2 + 3x)/6) = -48x

And after working it out, it appears +29 and +30 spell power cancel each other out.

Your best bet is probably to go with +15 strength to increase your melee dps and block value.

hmm, this math seems really convincing can you back it up with some dummy tests?

Gusys said:
Hm, I dunno, according to Throwed you do more damage with 29 but less healing? can anyone confirm this i would think a level 1 dummy test would suffice

Oh man I just went on my retired 19 UD priest who has 29sp on seer and my minblasts and smites did around 50 more than on my human who sports 30sp on seer, however my heals were a fair bit lower even though I had the exact same gear and chants, weirddddddddd!

edit:DID ANY OF YOU GUYS EVER THINK TO SWAP BETWEEN A 29SP AND A 30SP WEAPON, FOR THE HEALZ FROM 30 AND DEEPZ FROM 29!?

Gusys said:

Well obviously this is too much math, I'd just put icey weapon or beastslaying onto your weapon and you're good to go.

Hope this helps!

Mealstrom said:
Oh man I just went on my retired 19 UD priest who has 29sp on seer and my minblasts and smites did around 50 more than on my human who sports 30sp on seer, however my heals were a fair bit lower even though I had the exact same gear and chants, weirddddddddd!

edit:DID ANY OF YOU GUYS EVER THINK TO SWAP BETWEEN A 29SP AND A 30SP WEAPON, FOR THE HEALZ FROM 30 AND DEEPZ FROM 29!?

no it's the enchant noob

It's because it's 29 spellpower and the scripting for the other one is 30 healing power. Which is less SP but more healing.

Mealstrom said:
Basic math is tough.

This, and the other guy that said

"Well obviously this is too much math, I'd just put icey weapon or beastslaying onto your weapon and you're good to go.

Hope this helps! "

are making themselves out to be the idiots in this thread, not the person that made the thread.

By saying these things your just being assholes and proving that you don't know anything about the technicals of twinking : /

Eliot said:
Well obviously this is too much math, I'd just put icey weapon or beastslaying onto your weapon and you're good to go.

Hope this helps!
you seem like a good tester, can you please go to tharamore and test this out? my chars are only horde. Horde ftw! For the horde!

Twinkzruz said:
It's because it's 29 spellpower and the scripting for the other one is 30 healing power. Which is less SP but more healing.
this seems really likely, do you have any math or tests or proof to back this up?

Twinkzruz said:

"Well obviously this is too much math, I'd just put icey weapon or beastslaying onto your weapon and you're good to go.

Hope this helps! "

are making themselves out to be the idiots in this thread, not the person that made the thread.

By saying these things your just being assholes and proving that you don't know anything about the technicals of twinking : /

If you didn't notice he was joking because it so obvious that 29 spell power will do less than 30.

Twinkzruz said:

Hope this helps! "

Well if we look at the big picture here, none of this matters since THE TWINKING APOCALYPSE IS UPON US!?

For those who think im joking, check out the facts, throwed and maelstrom have almost proven this to be a fact.

Gusys said:
For those who think im joking, check out the facts, throwed and maelstrom have almost proven this to be a fact.

k goma, whatever u say.

Twinkzruz said:

Hope this helps! "

I agree wholeheartedly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread