29 rogue weapons

maybe kazin is right. wound poiso9n is not available in 29 and insta poison may not outperform a sharpening on MH.

BUT with crip on MH you will do more hits in the first seconds of a fight and due to that will have a higher chance to apply the effect. with vendetta and 2 hits without a proc your target has 3,9secs without the poison applied. many rogues never had a vendetta and use the WSG dagger. 5,1secs without poison applied. (you know 50%chance to apply...there may be 2 hits without a proc)

either using dual crip or crip/insta will increase the chance to apply the effect in the first seconds of a fight. there will be situations for it.

in 2,8secs you will hit your opponent 4times with your MH and the crip effect will be applied. there is no need to have another crip on OH. due to this it is not a bad idea to use a slow OH with insta to deal a high burst in these few seconds and then switch weapons (as your energy is burned you will either drink a tea or have time to switch).

maybe a zealot/butcher-crip/insta setup for the first seconds and then a dal'rend/wsg-stone/crip setup to finish the fight. (or 2xdal'rend...it must be possible to have 2 of em right?)

this is just a scenario that came to my mind...there are others. when fighting in a team, there may be a hunter to slow the enemy down. using stone/insta may be far superior in that case...just imagine more than a 1v1 versus a hunter.

Bansil said:
maybe a zealot/butcher-crip/insta setup for the first seconds and then a dal'rend/wsg-stone/crip setup to finish the fight. (or 2xdal'rend...it must be possible to have 2 of em right?)

sadly [Dal Rend] is Main Hand only.

nonono, i mean one for both sets...you can have one with +wepdmg and one fiery for example and then put a stone on one and a poison on the other.

Bansil said:
nonono, i mean one for both sets...you can have one with +wepdmg and one fiery for example and then put a stone on one and a poison on the other.

ah i see, well there's the (my) problem again.

i wasnt yet able to figure out, how to switch 2x the same weapon (Poker MH for example).

it seems WOW only recognizes the weapon (items) using the ID.

so you cant tell WOW what poker+chant you want it to use..

it will take the first that comes along.

i know that you can specify the bagslot, but

lets say you have 3 sets

1 PokerCrip/VendettaCrip

2 PokerSharp/WSG-MindNumbing

3 Dalrend/Trashblade

(actually the OH doesnt really matter)

so somewhere between switching the sets, the position of PokerSharp gets lost.

(unless you only use set 1 and 2)

i would have to open my bags (infight) and find it myself.. -.-

any solutions?

Fundingtwinks said:
So much wrong with that.

First of all, the best rogue weaps are torturing poker mh vendetta oh. Go backstabs or go home. Claw of the shadowmancer isnt nearly as good as TP. The fire dmg from tp is calculated in the ambush and backstabs. Its been tested over and over and over again. Trust me on that.

If you want to go lolswords (for duels I guess) go Venerable Dal'rend's sacred charge mh, and vendetta offhand. If no boa's go with zealot blade mh.

If you cant find a vendetta, go boa heartseeker, or wsg dagger for oh.

Under no circumstances should you ever ever ever use butcher offhand. Slow offhands are death, since you'll likely have a sharpening stone on your mh. You need the poison procs to be successful at 29 with all the hunters around.

If you're using something other than one of the weaps I mentioned above. You're doing the wrong thing.

Sharpened Scarlet kris is the best OH now. Just sayin'

Vallei said:
Sharpened Scarlet kris is the best OH now. Just sayin'

Offhands are good for applying poison, and being a stat stick, in that order.

The speed is especially important in a wsg against good twinks who are going to cure your poison a couple times. You'd be surprised how clutch that extra .2 can be. I'd rather have that one extra proc than very slightly better stats, which in itself is arguable. lolresil

That being said, vendetta's are impossible to get a hold of.

Users who are viewing this thread