29 Rogue gear changes

El Vago

Legend
With all the recent changes to existing rogue gear and the revamped zones, I was wondering what the current BiS items are. While we're at it, it might be worth making a list of items that got changed for better or worse.

Hi !

I think that if you are trying to make a new 29 rogue, it would be less powerful than before 4.0.3a, because half of the armor set came from Nesingwary's hunting quests in Stanglethorn Valley. But now, the quests are for lvl 20-25 players, so the rewards are no more BC enchantable... =(

Here is what I would do :

Head : If you are horde player, Tribal Worg Helm is my choice. If you are alliance player, it would be without a doubt Rifle Commander's Eyepatch, easily obtainable in stormwind (quest in the prison)

Neck : unchanged, warsong gulch reward necklace is the best

Shoulders : Forest Tracker Epaulets, or heirloom

Back : unchanged, Parachute Cloak is the best, because you can put 12 agility on it.

Chest : As Raptor Hunter Tunic disappeared with 4.0.3a, I think that the best chest armor would be heirloom... :'(

Wrist : unchanged, Barbaric Bracers are the best (craft)

Gloves : Before 4.0.3a, the best gloves were Tiger Hunter Gloves (BC enchantable). Now, I think Dog Training Gloves are the best, with 15 agility on it.

Waist : unchanged, Arathi PVP reward is the best (Defiler's Leather Girdle)

Legs : The best pants are Troll's Bane Leggings (8sta 14agi), with 2 more agility than Petrolspill Leggings. Ferine Leggings now require lvl 30, and Triprunner Dungarees now have 12 agility instead of 18 before 4.0.3a update =(

Feet : unchanged : Arathi PVP reward is the best (Defiler's Leather Boots)

Rings : You have man choices, but I think that Deadman's Hand is a must-have. I wear it with Legionnaire's Band (Warsong Gulch PVP reward). It gives a good balance between stamina and agility

Trinkets : Arena Grand Master is the best. You can also buy its "light version", which is the Arathi PVP reward trinket that also gives you a shield, but no stamina. Wear it with an Insigna of the horde.

For weapons, you have a lot of choice. The only bad thing is that now Skullbreaker is not available anymore in game. Besides, for those who had one before the update, be aware of the stats changes : it is not a healer's weapon anymore. It now gives you 6 stamina + 6 agility + 6 hit, and it's still enchantable with Mongoose. According to me, it's the best main hand weapon ever for this lvl. It deals incredible damages, even better than daggers for ambushes ! oO

Here is my twink : The World of Warcraft Armory - Enah @ Dalaran - Profile

Feel free to /w me on french server Dalaran =) If you think I made some mistakes, correct me !

PS : forgive my weird english, I'm french...

Elixiy said:
Hi !

I think that if you are trying to make a new 29 rogue, it would be less powerful than before 4.0.3a, because half of the armor set came from Nesingwary's hunting quests in Stanglethorn Valley. But now, the quests are for lvl 20-25 players, so the rewards are no more BC enchantable... =(

Head : If you are horde player, Tribal Worg Helm is my choice. If you are alliance player, it would be without a doubt Rifle Commander's Eyepatch, easily obtainable in stormwind (quest in the prison)

Back : unchanged, Parachute Cloak is the best, because you can put 12 agility on it.

Chest : As Raptor Hunter Tunic disappeared with 4.0.3a, I think that the best chest armor would be heirloom... :'(

Gloves : Before 4.0.3a, the best gloves were Tiger Hunter Gloves (BC enchantable). Now, I think Dog Training Gloves are the best, with 15 agility on it.

Legs : The best pants are Troll's Bane Leggings (8sta 14agi), with 2 more agility than Petrolspill Leggings. Ferine Leggings now require lvl 30, and Triprunner Dungarees now have 12 agility instead of 18 before 4.0.3a update =(

Rings : You have man choices, but I think that Deadman's Hand is a must-have. I wear it with Legionnaire's Band (Warsong Gulch PVP reward). It gives a good balance between stamina and agility

Trinkets : Arena Grand Master is the best. You can also buy its "light version", which is the Arathi PVP reward trinket that also gives you a shield, but no stamina. Wear it with an Insigna of the horde.

For weapons, you have a lot of choice. The only bad thing is that now Skullbreaker is not available anymore in game. Besides, for those who had one before the update, be aware of the stats changes : it is not a healer's weapon anymore. It now gives you 6 stamina + 6 agility + 6 hit, and it's still enchantable with Mongoose. According to me, it's the best main hand weapon ever for this lvl. It deals incredible damages, even better than daggers for ambushes ! oO

Feel free to /w me on french server Dalaran =) If you think I made some mistakes, correct me !

I havent read all the changes to be honest, but Tigerstrike Mantle is back to being the best cloak. Stealth to cloak is now '8 agility 8 dodge rating', and 8/7 monkey stats with that enchant is better than 8 agility with a 12 agi enchant.

Also, BoA chest was better than Raptor Tunic before patch, so yes, itll still be better than Raptor Tunic after the patch.

Elixiy said:
Hi !

ur information is too old. cata brings a lot of new stuff. Any kinds of necks, backs, rings, boots. And of coz gloves and neck from satchel (random dungeons) + new bow 4agi 4 sta, and new thrown weapon.

Nice list, Achmed.

I want to add this chest: Temple's Vest

It's a quite nice alternative if you don't have access to BoAs or the Raptor Hunter Tunic. Alliance only, though. Quest reward from Gnomeregan.

Also, it's important with situational gear when playing a rogue. Sometimes I'll use parachute cloak for the ability and looks, and sometimes the Tigerstrike Mantle.

Edit:

I'd also like to add these shoulders: Defiant Spire Shoulderguard nice option if you need hit rating but can't get the BoAs.

I guess Doomspike could be a quite nice off-hand.

Ebon Vise is now the same as the Dog Training Gloves with the latter's hit replaced with crit. Might be worth it now.

Was wondering if the PvP heirloom dagger is viable now with the Vendetta nerf. Not many decent weapons around with a speed as fast as 1.5.

ScatMan103 said:
Those boots arn't obtainable to 29's. The quest is part of a chain and the quest to start that chain requires level 30.

is there a lvl 30 quest or something required to get Maraudine Prisoner Manifest to drop? it starts the chain for the boots and requires lvl 28 but I can't get it to drop.

Sav of the Horde said:
is there a lvl 30 quest or something required to get Maraudine Prisoner Manifest to drop? it starts the chain for the boots and requires lvl 28 but I can't get it to drop.

I got the Maraudine Prisoner Manifest - Item - World of Warcraft , cant start it though, asked a GM and he said that it will be "fixed".

If they change the tooltip or lower the reqlevel I dont know.

You can only obtain the qitem while doing (or have completed it ofc) this quest Not So Fast! - Quest - World of Warcraft

btw, if we can start it after the "fix" we will also be able to choose these from the last quest in that chain

http://www.wowhead.com/item=55915

http://www.wowhead.com/item=55916

http://www.wowhead.com/item=55917

Thanks guys for the comprehensive list of items. Here are few interesting items as well:

Monkey Ring -- best dps ring in this bracket imo (grandfathered).

Nail Spitter (grandfathered), and Glass Shooter.

Gloomshroud Armor and Gilt Cuirass are good alternatives to boa chest if you are hit capped.

Also, according to Dr. Damage (which doesn't show correct values for abilities atm) , Ironspine's Fist with 20agi as offhand is slightly better for mainhand dps than boa mace,dagger , WSG dagger or torturing poker. It's low speed makes it less desirable as offhand though.

What wepon would you guys prefer for offhand ?

Micko said:
Thanks guys for the comprehensive list of items. Here are few interesting items as well:

Monkey Ring -- best dps ring in this bracket imo (grandfathered).

Nail Spitter (grandfathered), and Glass Shooter.

Gloomshroud Armor and Gilt Cuirass are good alternatives to boa chest if you are hit capped.

Also, according to Dr. Damage (which doesn't show correct values for abilities atm) , Ironspine's Fist with 20agi as offhand is slightly better for mainhand dps than boa mace,dagger , WSG dagger or torturing poker. It's low speed makes it less desirable as offhand though.

What wepon would you guys prefer for offhand ?

doubt too many would ever have Monkey Ring - Item - World of Warcraft, since it was a crappy green long ago

Ironspine's Fist - Item - World of Warcraft is no longer a 35+ item. it would have been rare for a 29 twink to have a item they can't use in bags/bank with a BC enchant already on it to boot on the hopes it would get nerfed down in the future

shanker said:
doubt too many would ever have Monkey Ring - Item - World of Warcraft, since it was a crappy green long ago

I agree with you but I was fortunate enough not to vendor it, so it was sitting in my bank among other greens i used to level with :D . However, on my priest and warrior I vendored other rewards from that quest /sigh .

As for Ironspine's Fist, it was known few weeks prior to Cata release that most of the loot from SM will have their item levels changed so there was a window of opportunity for everyone to get what they want from Graveyard and Library.

Users who are viewing this thread