29 ret soon to be dead?

Do u guys feel the returned mana is better than the 20% damage increase to exo with the exo glyph?

Pipes said:
Do u guys feel the returned mana is better than the 20% damage increase to exo with the exo glyph?

soc glyph will only be better when fighting classes that can oom you, meaning shaman, and good restealthing rogues. id roll with exo glyph in general.

Pipes said:

Yes, yes I do.

To the poster above, perhaps you're dying to much and respawning with a full mana bar or not offhealing or cleansing others or rebuffing in combat to actually notice going oom, the SoC glyph enables you to dps infinitely, leaving you with a full mana bar for offhealing, conc'ing bandages and stealthers, and cleansing.

That is so, so much better then 20 percent more damage on a 15 second cooldown.

anyone knows how much ap will vindication reduce in 3.2 at lvl 29?

oh and will TLA be the best wep for rets with the new command?

nosoup4crr said:
the SoC glyph will only return ~80 mana.

Actually your avg twink ret pally is sporting about 1200 mana. So thats 96 mana return per swing. Your judgements use 5% of your mana per use. And are on a 10 sec cd, down to 8sec talented. If you drop and exo first your looking at another 10% mana use. So over all about 15% on your opening combo. With the BoA axe your looking at 3 melee swing before u can judge again.

One immediately after u judge, one at 3.7sec, and one at 7.2secs. So thats 24% mana returned before u can even Judge again.

So technically you should never be OOM..

If you toss a consecrate into the mix, your usage is 46%. At a 24% return. So your 22% in the hole if u drop consecrate.

I personally like consecrate. It puts your opponent on the run, leaving free shots to the back.

It will be interesting to see to say the least.

Talic said:
anyone knows how much ap will vindication reduce in 3.2 at lvl 29?

oh and will TLA be the best wep for rets with the new command?

Vindication now reduces AP by 125 and every ret pally should now spec into it, it's way too good to be passed up.

As for the SoC / Exo glyph debate.. SoC glyph will always be better. Having that extra mana to help off heal / cleanse is so much more usefull than the extra damage from exo.

vindication is of no use against warlocks, mages, priests, resto druids, resto anything. it's a waste of talent points.

souvlaki said:
vindication is of no use against warlocks, mages, priests, resto druids, resto anything. it's a waste of talent points.

If you think that reducing your opponents AP by 125 is useless then.. uh... LOL

Rottentomato said:
If you think that reducing your opponents AP by 125 is useless then.. uh... LOL

I think that reducing 125 AP to HALF your opponents is worse than taking other talents like PoJ, Conviction, Crusade, and maybe SoB.

The first thing i did when they changed Vindication was retallent to full conviction and the burst increase was very noticeable.

souvlaki said:
I think that reducing 125 AP to HALF your opponents is worse than taking other talents like PoJ, Conviction, Crusade, and maybe SoB.

The first thing i did when they changed Vindication was retallent to full conviction and the burst increase was very noticeable.

Every pally who isn't bad is going to get Vindi, there's really no argument about it.

Users who are viewing this thread