29 ret paladin plans

TBC one is just called savagery and Chardev is down for me

If you could tell me the weapon I could tell you if savagery is viable or not, as savagery is only available on 2h weapons.

Don't get thermaplugg's. Corpsemaker, cobalt crusher, and bloodied arcanite reaper will all serve you better. There are three primary reasons:

1. In pvp, particularly with ret pallys who move 15% faster, you can move out between autoattack ticks and move back in with slow weapons like [item]Corpsemaker[/item]. This just kills dagger rogues, for example.

2. Many enemies will have an "oh shit" button, be it fear or disengage or whatever, giving you 2 seconds or less to do your worst before they attempt a kite. Your best counter is to hit them as hard as possible in the first GC or two, and then again when you catch up.

3. Seal of Command. Your seal damage is bigger when the weapon is slower, it's judgment damage is bigger (and then doubled when it crits) when the weapon is slower, and it's chance to proc on hit is higher on a slower weapon. The % is also true with crusader enchantment if you use it (better than +25 agility, but switching from one with crusader to one with agility when crusader procs is very effective).

Gear upgrades imo:

[item]River Pride Choker[/item] or [item]Pendant of the Agate Shield[/item] are better on your neck.

[item]Avenger's Armor[/item] is a little better for chest, but imho [item]Raptor Hunter Tunic[/item] that can take BC enchantments such as +6 stats or +150 health is a better option.

[item]War Rider Bracers[/item] is alliance only :( sorry dude. [item]Yorgen Bracers[/item] or [item]Pugilist Bracers[/item] are both good in slot. 2 strength or 3 agility - it's your decision. Paladins get 2 AP per point of strength, which is awesome, but +crit is also helpful. All preference.

Get [item]Arena Grand Master[/item] if you can. I just can't describe how good it is.

Make sure to obtain [item]Seal of Sylvanas[/item] and even [item]Deadman's Hand[/item] if you can for an hp set. Not to mention [item]Deadman's Hand[/item] is just amazing for any goals.

+12 stamina to boots requires lv35 or higher item. Get +7 stamina instead.

I'm a big fan of +15 hit rating to gloves myself. I haven't run the numbers, but I'm pretty sure you're looking at a bigger boost to overall dps when you compare the reduction in miss chance to the +30 attack power from 15 strength.

[item]Marbled Buckler[/item] with +18 stamina is a great item to pick up for flagrunning. [item]Windstorm Hammer[/item] with +15 strength goes well with it.

That's about all I can think of. Good luck.

Thanks for the replies. Toon is only 10 right now getting ready to start farming the instance gear. I totally over looked the entire fact of weapon speed, so I got a hold of a cobalt crushed and will be picking up the others mentioned.

Also is it common to keep multiple sets of the same items with different enchants on them?

theZero said:
Also is it common to keep multiple sets of the same items with different enchants on them?

I would say it's fairly common. I do. (Although 3.1 negated quite a few of them)

When gearing a 29 dps ret paladin, the order of the stats you want to focus on are ; agility > strength/stam> int.

Why? Because pure strength builds only significently effect you melee white swings. For every 100(50 strength) ap you have, your judgement spell only gains 16 damage. So stacking strength really only benefits white swings.

how ever, Because judgement of command is based on melee crit, agility benefits judgements greatly, aswell melee white swings.

For example, if a strength stacked paladin Crits for 35 more then an agility based paladin, but the agility based paladin crits 10 percent more of the time, who is really going to be more effective in pvp, a burst based scene? Who is really going to do more Dps?

Ideal gear list:

Helmet: Balanced, frostreaver crown. Dps focus: tusken helm.

Necklace: WSG necklace.

Shoulders: Polished shoulders of valour, NonBoA: Azure shoulderguards of the soldier.

Cape: Dps: parachute cloak enchanted 12 agility, Balanced: tigerstrike mantle enchanted with 12 dodge or 3 agility.

Chest: Raptor hunter tunic , enchanted with 6 stats. Nothing surpasses the benefits of this piece , for any physical dps class. Nothing.

Bracers: alot of options here.

Yorgen cuffs, Pugilist bracers, Barbaric bracers. My preference is barbaric bracers because they effectively add 6 stam, 4 agility, 4 strength. Only downside is the 8 ap doesn't get effected by kings. Your call. Enchant 9 stamina or 9 strength.

Gloves: Balanced:Razzeric's racing grips enchanted with 15 hit. Dps: Tiger hunter gloves enchanted with 15 hit.

Belt: AB belt

legs: Triprunner dungarees. 6 stamina, 18 agility, 3 strength. Most balanced pick right now.

Boots: AB boots. Enchant 7 stamina. 7 agility for pure dps glass cannon.

Ring: WSG ring.

Ring: Charged gear of the monkey, Charged gear of the bear, Charged gear of the tiger. Prefference here.

Trinket: Arena grand master.

Trinket: Goblin sapper charge, net o matic, pvp, Arena grand master, gnomish shrink ray.

Wep: Bloodied arcanite reaper hands down, enchant crusader.

NonBoA : corpse maker.

Use kings buff, not might.

Spec: http://www.wowhead.com/?talent#sZZxfMtb Most balanced spec. Most effective some might say for general battlegrounds and arena.

Pure dps spec might look like http://www.wowhead.com/?talent#sZZxfzt0h

Sorry, Don't know how to make item links, probably would be to lazy to anyways.

theZero said:
Ok revised my gear build. Here's a new chardev.

http://www.chardev.org/?template=171677

That one is ALOT better, but here are some tweaks that will give your more return on your dps.

http://www.chardev.org/?template=171688

Getting 20 hit will make it so your attacks only have a 0.05 chance to miss, this is huge because missing an attack seriously gimps your burst damage.

5 percent crit on all attacks is much better then 15 percent more strength.

Apart from that your spec is good. The pvp ring is the BiS ring for wars, pallies, and some may say even rogues so i replaced that 10 agility ring with the pvp ring in the build.

Users who are viewing this thread