29 Prot FC Warrior

Lloydganks said:
edit: i cannot believe that so many people are seriously suggesting that he go for piercing howl....as a flag carrier... do you guys realize how fast people die at 29 now? without last stand, he will drop as soon as the debuff hits, no joke, even if he is being spam healed. why would you even want piercing howl when i'm sure you'll have a frost trap down? frost trap cancels out howl....

i can tell you without a doubt that the build i linked will serve you much better FCing than going for piercing howl :-\. do not underestimate shield block.

edit 2: and do not go for armor over stamina, sheesh. the more health you have, the more it will scale with last stand. you will begin to get diminishing returns from armor relatively quickly because of the RIDICULOUS % armor gain from using the 1k armor horde shield.

"edit" I've never tried a spec with Piercing howl before and have used specs similar to the one you suggest when I go with Prot. However, I've never been much of a flag runner as I mostly pug and was deferring to people with premade experience. A prot spec with Improved Revenge and Shield Mastery is pretty sweet. Warrior stunlock ftw.

"edit 2" I disagree about the armor comment for the most part. Although there are diminishing returns on % of DPS reduction, there are not diminishing returns on "time to live". 276 armor is much greater than 2 Stamina.

Users who are viewing this thread