29 Priest

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zanex

OG
Hi,

I am working on a 29 twink priest atm, I put together a gear list but since WOTLK came out I'm not sre it is the best gear anymore, so please help me!

Gnommish goggles (150 mana)

Crystal starfire medallion

Death speakers mantle

WSG cape (70 armour)

Robe of arugal (100 health)

Gallan cuffs (15 spell dmg)

Skullbreaker (40 spell dmg)

Inscription book

Dancing flame

Shredder operating gloves (30 healing)

AB belt

Azure silk pants (runic spelltread)

AB boots (7 stam)

Deadmans hand

WSG ring

Insignia

AGM

Notice I put inscription book on there, dobt it's worth it ovrsome 450 collecting proffesion now, so what else should I get for OH?

I didnt really look into proffesions yet, but I guess that Herbalism + Mining would be the better ones?

Your list is looking good for the most part, If you don't pick up Eng you wont be able wear the spellpower goggles. however theres other choices,

elders hat of the eagle 9int 9 sta

elders hat of shadow damage20 shadow damage

shadow hood

And as for your pants its pretty good depending on how much int/spell dmg you need, I personally prefer elder pants of the eagle 9int 9 sta.

your gloves are 1 of the top 3, but its horde, im listing this just in-case ally priests read this after ;)

nightsky gloves

vital hand wraps of the eagle 7 int 6 sta

your bracers are fine as well

Gallan Cuffs (Horde Version)

Arcane Runed Bracers (Ally Version)

Glowing Magical Bracelets (Both)

As far as 30 healing to gloves, it only translates to 19 spell power, if your to heal then keep it, if your going for pure damage, try find 20 shadow damage to gloves.

Not to sure about off-hands while the inscription one is the best, some others you could get

Orb of Mistmantle

Witch's Finger

As a priest healing is vital so there is no way that 1 more shadow spellpower is worth to sacrifice 19 spellpower!

the gnomish goggles cannot be used at level 29. You must be level 30 to acquire gnomish engineering. These are also BoP so you cannot purchase them from another engineer.

Omega Orb, Compendium of the Fallen, obtained at 28 (Horde)

Witch's Finger, Baron Aquanis, obtained at 21 (Horde)

Spellpower Goggles Extreme (engineering) +8 spellpower or +150 mana

Parachute Cloak (BC enchantable, +20 penetration?)

Elder's Pants of Healing have +15/+16 spellpower

Elder's Pants of the Eagle (stam/int)

Discipline? Leech Pants (BoP), +9 spirit

Electromatic Gigaflux Reactivator, +15 int, fun on-use effect

Inferno Robe, +19 spellpower, (Wanted: Syndicate Personnel, obtained at 18, BC Enchantable, Horde) +6 all stats/6mp5

Mantis Boots, (Taretha's Gift, Obtained at 29, BC Enchantable, Horde) - surefooted, 10 critical strike, 10 hit rating.

Fishing Boots, Gnomish/Goblin Rocket Boots are also BC Enchantable.

Personally, I wouldn't limit myself to one gear set. If you run shadow today, and want to try discipline tomorrow, you might run into xp issues when trying to get new gear.

There are many BC cloak enchants. Dodge/+12 agility as well as the ones mentioned above and probably a few more.

My understanding of spell penetration is that Penetration is subtracted from the target's resistance, but never makes a target's resistance to that school of magic less than 0. If someone has +7 to all schools, and you have +20 spell penetration, they would have 0 resistance to your spells. There is a rumor that a negative resistance increases crit chance. I don't believe that is the case. Stacking more penetration than you would normally encounter appears to be wasted.

Consider a Frost Mage versus Shaman. The Shaman lays a Frost Resistance Totem (+30 frost resist), has +7 to all schools on the cloak and used a Crystal Basilisk Spine which gives a combined +47 Frost Resistance. The Shaman could use Minor Magic Resistance Potion which adds another +25 resist (can't recall if the spine and potion stack). The mage with +20 spell penetration to cloak would eliminate 20 of the Shaman's resistance. Obviously, penetration is more beneficial to some classes. Priest versus Pally with the Shadow Resistance aura needs to have +30 penetration to avoid a resist due to the aura. You can still miss or have a fear resisted, spell penetration reduces the chance to resist, hit rating reduces the chance to miss. Resistance is calculated as a miss on binary spells, or, a reduction of damage on non-binary spells.

My understanding of the Racial Resistance is that it reduces the % that you will be hit based on the one-roll system. Tauren's 2% nature resist adds 2% to the miss window, meaning that you need to stack more hit rating to override the Tauren racial.

I could be wrong.

Spell Resistances appear to run on a two-roll system:

http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/basics/resistances.html

There was a site I found a while back that detailed the one-roll system used by WoW and how various pieces came into play, but, I cannot find that site.

how are you going to get +19 spell power on those gloves? thott says they're Ilvl 31..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread