29 Monk Twink

Rina

Legend
Hello hello,

I made a Monk twink in preparation for Warlords of Draenor
I'm aware that he's currently lacking 2x AGM but that'll be along shortly.
Give it time ^_^

Monkling @ Terenas - Community - World of Warcraft

I'm aware he can get more stamina from certain items but it's at the cost of so much agility I'd rather just keep it - especially with abilities having base damage removed in Warlords of Draenor (Pretty sure I read that somewhere) so that agility is needed ^_^

Are you trying to make a FC monk? DPS doesn't matter if you are, they have their damage reduced by 15% just for being tank specced.

If you're trying to play DPS monk, this is what you should be shooting for

Iinrina @ Ursin - Community - World of Warcraft

Honestly, I'm undecided for what it'll be, although at 29 Brewmaster damage is honestly not far short of Windwalkers.
Since I'm mostly just dueling I kind of wanted some damage but enough tank to survive Rogues burst.

Once I can start getting him into BGs, who knows where I'll go.
I have most of a BiS healing set so I might just switch to that.

Honestly, I'm undecided for what it'll be, although at 29 Brewmaster damage is honestly not far short of Windwalkers.
Since I'm mostly just dueling I kind of wanted some damage but enough tank to survive Rogues burst.

Once I can start getting him into BGs, who knows where I'll go.
I have most of a BiS healing set so I might just switch to that.

Trust me, BM does not do compelling damage vs players. It's not like a prot war or prot paladin who hit like trucks despite being stam stacked. You will literally be unable to kill good players as a BM monk. Windwalker is much much more bursty and can hold it's own vs other melee (warriors, rogues, shamans, druids).

Trust me, BM does not do compelling damage vs players. It's not like a prot war or prot paladin who hit like trucks despite being stam stacked. You will literally be unable to kill good players as a BM monk. Windwalker is much much more bursty and can hold it's own vs other melee (warriors, rogues, shamans, druids).

Only at the moment - When base damage is removed from WoD this isn't the case.

Only at the moment - When base damage is removed from WoD this isn't the case.

It's too early to tell what the case will be. Abilities are being reworked and so are damage/healing numbers. If you think base resilience is just going to be removed and classes will be able to do the same damage they can do now, well that's not a very useful point of view. We needed base resilience because of how much damage classes can do now. In fact, 40% is arguably insufficient at this point in time and we could stand to have another 25% like level 90 players do.

But again, we'll just have to wait and see. Tanks aren't supposed to do competitive damage with DPS, so that's one thing Blizzard should be addressing in WoD.

It's too early to tell what the case will be. Abilities are being reworked and so are damage/healing numbers. If you think base resilience is just going to be removed and classes will be able to do the same damage they can do now, well that's not a very useful point of view. We needed base resilience because of how much damage classes can do now. In fact, 40% is arguably insufficient at this point in time and we could stand to have another 25% like level 90 players do.

But again, we'll just have to wait and see. Tanks aren't supposed to do competitive damage with DPS, so that's one thing Blizzard should be addressing in WoD.

I fully understand all this.
Blizzard have announced they will remove base damage on abilities and put it all down to scaling and I just enjoy playing a more beefy style character I guess.
I just want to play a tanky character but still jump into the front lines and do a little more than tickle I guess.

Users who are viewing this thread