29 mage fc - stack stam in every slot or eagle?

Xyth

Veteran
Just started my first 29, mainly going to be fcing. Obviously stacking pure stam in every slot would offer the most survivability but will have a huge hit to mana. As I've never played in 29s before, was wondering if going all out on stam is likely to cause mana issues as a pure fc? It's obviously going to be situational but as an fc you're mostly just going to be blinking, nova, r1 frostbolts and poly and not blowing mana on any kind of dps. I'd have roughly 2.15k hp with around 1.7k mana stacking pure stam in every single slot (+22 int wep) and 1.8k hp with 3k mana going eagle/berylline pads/beguiler robes (+22 int wep)

I'd guess a hybrid set of both would be most optimal overall but never played it, so hopefully someone that has could give their opinions, cheers.

edit: just realised you get mana shield in 29s ;o

Last edited:
You want eagle gear. You have mana shield against physical damage which is one of your main sources of damage mitigation. Also, not having mana for polymorph or blink or frost nova or cone of cold is a very big deal and so you ideally want to have mana at all times. At the same time, stamina helps against burst damage such as ambush and against casters such as lock dots, and it's obviously important too. I'd say, roughly, 1 int = 1 stam, so get the gear with the highest int + stam value.

Users who are viewing this thread