29 Holy Paladin

Any thoughts on this? I would like to make one but I'm kinda new to the 20-29 bracket and would like some feedback on which gear to get and which enchants.

Atotem said:
Any thoughts on this? I would like to make one but I'm kinda new to the 20-29 bracket and would like some feedback on which gear to get and which enchants.

mm holy pallys are a good choice based on the current 3.1 changes. that is, they can bof to cancel frost traps (which no other class can really do), and they will probably have the best longevity after the mana regen change. also they are getting a talent in holy that makes them and their party members immune to silence/interupt effects for 10 seconds every 2 minutes.

summa said:
mm holy pallys are a good choice based on the current 3.1 changes. that is, they can bof to cancel frost traps (which no other class can really do), and they will probably have the best longevity after the mana regen change. also they are getting a talent in holy that makes them and their party members immune to silence/interupt effects for 10 seconds every 2 minutes.

Could you possibly give me a layout of what gear and spec to roll with?

thanks,

Atotem said:
Could you possibly give me a layout of what gear and spec to roll with?

thanks,

i think

http://ptr.wowhead.com/?talent=sxNd0G

for the spec, but id have to do math for illumination vs. divine intellect vs. imp blessing of wisdom to be sure.

for gear theres a lot of things you have to decide on yourself (weighting +healing vs. int/stam mainly) but i guess i can try to give you all the options.

helm = holy shroud/ healing mail helm / 99 eagle mail helm w/ 8 int libram

shoulders = 77 mail eagle / beryline pads (horde)

cloak = wsg cape w/ 70 armor

chest = raptor hunter chest w/ 6 stats, 6 mp5, or 150 health. or 99 mail eagle with 100 hp/ 4 stats / 4 mp5. (other posters plz dont say civinad bc of 3.1 >_>)

bracers im not positive about because of 3.0 changes, but usually its

arcane runed bracers (ally) with 15 spell power, or gallan cuffs (horde) with 15 spell power. but now that 15 spell power doesnt require 35+ there may be better options (namely those boe blue ones that i cant remember the name of).

weapon = crescent of forlorn spirits with bc max spell power enchant (idk what it is anymore) (alliance) and it helps to have a boe 4/3 eagle axe (cant remember the name but theyre always on ah) with 22 int

for horde you have should have bleeding crescent with max bc sp enchant, and skullbreaker with 30 int.

shields you want: marbled buckler with 18 stam or resilience (ally), crest of darkshire with 12 int(ally), forcestone buckler with 18 stam or resilience (horde), basalt buckler with 12 int (horde).

gloves: hotshot pilot's gloves, or boe healing/77 eagle mail gloves. w/ pre bc healing enchant

belt : boe mail healing belt, moss cinch, or ghamoo-ra's bind

legs = boe mail healing/eagle legs w/ golden spellthread

boots = ab reward boots with 7 stam, or gnomeregan operating boots with minor speed/7 stam

ring 1 = deadmans hand

ring 2 = wsg ring

trinket 1 = agm

trinket 2 = insignia of the whatever (or for humans get another agm or netomatic or shrink ray).

some of that might not be 100% since i havent played a lot since 3.0, but i think its right.

edit: i forgot boa gear, and i dont know anything about boas since i dont have an 80, so youd have to look those up to see if theyre better than what i listed.

I just checked my bank on my alts and the AH and I currently have a 9/9 eagle and a +healing level 39 mail helm. I also found a 9/9 owl (spi/int) helm as well in my bank. So i think i'll be set.

I havn't looked too much into the 3.1 changes yet, but if you want a few good armories to base gear off of you can look at mine, Shamaladin-turalyon or Bubblity. I normally have spellpower extreme goggles with 100 hp and phalanx or healing pants (mail 16 sp).

thank you man! i looked at your armories and i will try to get a few of those items off the AH just in case i want a little more variety.

Totem. I've been playing one for a while. I've posted a VERY extensive guide in the 29s section that you will find very helpful, guaranteed. If you have any specific opinion questions, etc. PM me and I will get back to you on that day. 100% promise there.

Pållynåtor said:
Totem. I've been playing one for a while. I've posted a VERY extensive guide in the 29s section that you will find very helpful, guaranteed. If you have any specific opinion questions, etc. PM me and I will get back to you on that day. 100% promise there.

Thanks man! I'll be sending you a PM with any questions when I get stuck on something.

My Girlfriend is still playing a holy paladin. I allways Group up with her with my Druid. I think after Priest , Paladins are the best Healing Class and probably the best FCers i know.

I think with 3.1 theyre continuing doing a good job.

All healers are good, it really just depends on what strenghts you want to play with. the right combination of healer/dps can be super deadly.

29 holy palys are strong in that they can take a beating, and heal without going oom for quite awhile, the only problem is no range, little cc/stun, and no hots.

I'd also recommend leveling JC for the dense stone statues. Drop one of those and you are pretty much impossible to kill. I think my pally has around 240 spell power and 2200 hp and I can let a twink hunter/rogue beat on me for quite awhile before I go down. I think as far as "best" healer goes I think it really goes back to what a few people have already said, it just depends on what kind of DPS you have running around with you. I know on stormstrike there is a resto shaman that usually blows me out of the water in healing done, but they usually have 2-3 hunters to hide behind. I think given the 3.1 changes holy paladins are probably still going to be pretty amazing in the 29s. If you do a 29 holy paladin I would definitely get a ret set though. There are a lot of times you will get sick of being the FC or a heal bot.

Users who are viewing this thread