29 Bracket classes

Status
Not open for further replies.
yea i'll grant you this: in a straight 1v1, sv hunter v. warr where they both see the other one coming, even if the warr gets to charge, it's usually pretty bad chances for the warrior. i'm not fooling myself about anything on that subject.

but that's when what i said earlier comes into play: skill > class. if it's an unwinnable situation, you avoid it. don't let it be 1v1 like that because the best sv hunters have the upper hand. run around corners, hamstring the pet, run toward your allies, or even charging one of his enemies in the opposite direction can do the trick. warrs are great against most other classes and can kill a distracted or less skilled hunter.

mage blinks out of charhe, gg

rogue > warr if it has a brain

shaman can fs or EB then GW to get range then FS again to gain distance

druid can get away easily if specced feral

ret pali > warr even w/out a brain, holy pali can heal through your dps

if a lock fakecasts fear and you bite, it's gg

priests can fear then survive for 25 sec and fear again while dotting you

of course im talking about well geared and decently skilled most of the time, but most classes at 29 > warrs

fuzzles said:
yea i'll grant you this: in a straight 1v1, sv hunter v. warr where they both see the other one coming, even if the warr gets to charge, it's usually pretty bad chances for the warrior. i'm not fooling myself about anything on that subject.

but that's when what i said earlier comes into play: skill > class. if it's an unwinnable situation, you avoid it. don't let it be 1v1 like that because the best sv hunters have the upper hand. run around corners, hamstring the pet, run toward your allies, or even charging one of his enemies in the opposite direction can do the trick. warrs are great against most other classes and can kill a distracted or less skilled hunter.

Indeed, at 29, warriors are more reliant on teamwork than most hunters... but I'll tell ya what, when they have company that can keep me still long enough, they'll open up a can of whoop ass.

Warriors make decent Flag Carriers, As well as being the first one to charge into a group of enemeys.

Any decent hunter vs any decent warrior its pretty much GG.

Druiddoid...41 yards is talent, we are 35 untalented sheesh lol.

While warriors stand a better chance againest BM or MM than Survival, the hunter will win in a balanced fight (gear/skill/cooldown equals).

Theres just to many ways to get ya.

wingclip > hamstring

frost/freezing trap > piercing howl

conc shot > nothing

disengage > charge (used correctlly)

O and 1 of my favorites to do to any class is meld, confuses them and lets me get a good 5 seconds of dps in on them, or get away from them.

hunters may have 35 yards, but they still can use pets and the 5 yard advantage on warriors anyways. my bad for understanding hunters again. :(

oh and i didn't even know hunters had disengage at 29. lol

warriors are only decent FCs if they have support. imo druids, mages, hunters, priests, shamans, and paladins have higher potentials as solo FCs. warriors just don't have the ability to get away or kill very well, they are just meatshields or good dps melee with decent health. not much ability to kite.

Haha I was only joking ;)

But as far warrior FCs that what I ment, they arnt that great solo, but if they have support imo they are better than any one else.

Highest armor, highest health, and good in groups.

I would much rather have a warrior holding the flag while the priest/druid healed him, and paly/hunter defend.

druids are better with support with similar damage migation, the ability to get out of snares, and 25% more health.

also, don't say warriors have the highest health, if ANY class stacks stamina they can have about 200 more or less health than any other stam stacking class, besides a bear druid.

palys have about the same armor, with devotion aura (if the warrior doesn't have a paly with him, it's an advantage), and they have the 50% damage migation CD...warriors have CDs too like int shout and last stand though, imo with support they are about the same, perhaps the warrior has the edge, especially if the opposition has a dispeller/purger.

While true Paladins can have similar armor/health as to a Warrior, but I would much rather have a Ret or Holy than a Prot.

Druids are another good one with support, I am not denying that.

While I guess I did say warriors have more health, I more-so took that from higher lvls, where they have stamina talents.

However they do have some sexy cooldowns, shield wall, last stand, etc.

Just came out of a few 29 BGs with my hunters. Both have their strengths like a Warrior can break up a group and CC longer than a pally can, while a pally can keep their FC moving as long as there is no purge spam.

I found myself Scatter Shotting healers and dropping a freezing trap to keep em CC'd long enough for our DPS to strike down a few. Not what I wanted to be doing with those cooldowns, but it was necessary.

Naturaltalnt said:
While true Paladins can have similar armor/health as to a Warrior, but I would much rather have a Ret or Holy than a Prot.

well say you just want some guy to FC. say he doesn't want to make a druid. which FC should he make?

fuck i had another example in my head but forgot it. w/e.

point is - it's not all about having your paladins spec something...it's just about which is the best, 2nd best, etc. you can have a ret/holy pali on O, then a prot pali FCing. it's not like you're restricted or something to # of classes you can have in WSG.

While I guess I did say warriors have more health, I more-so took that from higher lvls, where they have stamina talents.

However they do have some sexy cooldowns, shield wall, last stand, etc.

paladins do too

(50% less dmg taken for a few seconds, LoH, HoF, BoK, http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=31849, http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=31860)

---

i would say for premades warriors make for SLIGHTLY better FCs than paladins. paladins are way better in pugs though. the more purgers/dispellers and the more healers you have on your FC and the more opposing offense you have to deal with, i think a warrior gets better.

Lol if I just wanted some guy to be FC, any one will do, but I will give it to the most qualifed, highest hp/armor ration, and try to get acouple ppl to defend, since I can usually return flags solo, very rarly il need 1 or 2 back up.

For premades it really depends on the set up imo, various classes have good senergies with certain classes, while having meh with others. While warriors are generally the best, since at the 29 bracket they are either FC, or decent dps...that and cannon fodder. /soothe warriors.

heh with the way divine shield was changed it acts like a shield wall, which can be very useful now, at least for FC, most palys arnt to happy with the bubble/bandage thing now : / o well lol.

Naturaltalnt said:
While warriors are generally the best, since at the 29 bracket they are either FC, or decent dps

druids are the best in most situations. at 29, warriors are terrible to bring to a premade. i can understand a warrior FCing over a druid if you're forced to use it in your premade (10 or under people online) and if the druid has alternate gear, which i think is what you're trying to say.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread