29 Arcane mage wha?!

So, I've been playing a 29 twink mage since sometime mid-BC. I started off frost, and fc'd a lot, which was really fun. I stayed frost until achievements were installed at end-bc.

Right around that time I achieved all my fc achievements, and fully finished my fire set. Fire it is! I was fire for a while, ate many people, but had to get into the habit of NEVER fcing, even in my hp gear. I was vulnerable.

Then WOTLK came out and I tried out frost again with glyphs, then fire again with glyphs, simply assuming that arcane sucked (since it did). Learned to fc in fire spec using the new stun they added (sick!).

Decided to spec arcane, and keep my fire gear. Doing so enabled my full spectrum of abilities. While my FB is still 3.5 seconds to cast, I see it crit for 700 fairly often (FB glyph), especially any time they're snared (which for bgs is often). I've essentially created a perfect bg spec for mages, because it also gives the opportunity to fc (using Arcane Shielding). With my cooldowns as a gnome it's literally almost impossible to stop me.

Arcane Mages. The future of 29 mage success.

i rolled a 29 arcane fc mage awhile ago

it's WAY better than frost imo

the only reason i rarely play him is because of all the damn hunters. and the ironic thing is that arcane > frost against hunters for fcing >.<

Hmm, this sounds pretty interesting. I might have to try out arcane on my mage :3

Being arcane is great for bgs, but I haven't done a lot of testing for arenas. I'm sure it would be equally viable by switching the points from mana shield into counterspell. I'll look into it :D

Arcane is hardly something new to Mages, if you haven't tried it before I would call you narrow-sighted.

Tetrica said:
Arcane is hardly something new to Mages, if you haven't tried it before I would call you narrow-sighted.

lol, I meant I'm new to mages, so wouldn't know a good arcane build.

Users who are viewing this thread