24 Spriest - Almost there

McBro

Legend
Mcßro @ Azjol-Nerub - Community - World of Warcraft

*NOTE* Professions are Skinning and Mining for the passive bonuses, I will not be picking up Engineering.

I have Charged Gear of the Eagle and about to get +4 All Stats on chest. I also have a Devout Aurastone Hammer with +30 spellpower, and a Tome of the Dawn in my bags for stam/SP stacking.

Still farming JP for a second Discerning Eye of the Beast and Tattered Dreadmist Mantle, and I'm running AQ20/40 on my enchanter for both Healing Power and Shadow Power since no-one on my server has either.

The questions I have are:

why in earth would you take mining over herbalism?

Charged gear of the eagle > seal of argas due to resistances. (charged gear of intellect + yorgen's is ideal imo)

Double argas is not that great due to resistances / crit is better than having 2 more int.

Haste is okay, but i'd rather go with double int trinket or int trinket / battlemaster trinket

Ok, so 4 resistance to nature and arcane is better than 1 int, I understand that. I also understand herbalism being strong for bursting down a FC, as well as the minor heal. I just always forget to pop it at the right time, and end up wasting it... guess I could use the practice.

Question about amulet then, should I faction-change for Overlord's Favour considering I won't be caring about a second Seal of Argas now?

well do you really want to faction change for 2 more stamina? if so, go for it.

Update:

• Charged Gear equipped
  • +4 all stats on chest
  • +16 spellpower on gloves
  • 260 spellpower
  • 20.22% crit chance
  • 2k HP

Last on the list to get is second trinket, and I think I'm done... besides Hotshots :S

if you want glass canon. Boa mace with witch's finger off hand, girdle of nobilty ,acid walkers, gloves of hero w/ shadow power to gloves 20 until you get hotshots, drop mining pick up alchemy for extra intellect bonus, 2 int rings from gnomer, horde hit necklace. 2nd Int trinket. you making a crit build. By not picking up engneering your more of a balance set up with a dash of crit. even with your set up i say go alchemy still.

it all preference on the persons playstyle. I do like your set up for pugging but a glass canon for premading or efc with stacks or pocket heals

Yeah I only solo-queue because I'm online at times when everyone else is asleep, so I need to keep myself alive. Still put out a fair chunk of damage, but trying to take on another spriest who brought pocket heals is impossible.

Could you explain the alchemy int bonus? I buy pots for BGs but what do alchemists get that I can't through purchases? I've never had alchemy as a profession, so don't know what it brings to the table.

Cheers for the feedback.

haste stacking sucks, only ''viable'' on a hunter

you cannot use gloves of the hero, serpentis are BiS , he probably meant Red Riding Gloves - Game Guide - World of Warcraft

alchemy bonus-the ability to gain double effect from elixirs and they last 2 hours instead of 1(if you can survive that long in ally pugs), Alchemy - Spell - World of Warcraft , Elixir of Intellect 6 int with no alchemy/14 int with.

The Minor Elixir of Fortitude still sucks, only 35 hp, instead of double bonus, stam II scroll , gives 50;

why in earth would you take mining over herbalism?

Charged gear of the eagle > seal of argas due to resistances. (charged gear of intellect + yorgen's is ideal imo)

Double argas is not that great due to resistances / crit is better than having 2 more int.

Haste is okay, but i'd rather go with double int trinket or int trinket / battlemaster trinket

yeh thatd be all well and good if resistances worked...dont listen to this dude, 2 int is better than broken resistances if you are going for a more balanced set. However I would recommend getting the pure int gnomer ring

yeh thatd be all well and good if resistances worked...dont listen to this dude, 2 int is better than broken resistances if you are going for a more balanced set. However i would recommend getting the pure int gnomer ring

rofl

resists still work well, but you cant stack them, and there is such a small amount of them remaining ..

Sage's Gloves have been nerfed during MoP to 5/5, making Serpent gloves about equal 4/6 . Only difference is 8 armor. Could pickup 8 intellect sage's gloves for a max DPS build or whatever

Didn't know they nerfed those. Yeah glass cannons are always fun. Did you get +20 shadow power? I remember hunting for those on my warlock i got that enchant and i got +15 agility to gloves later in the same run. That was fun (except for the damn butterfly boss since some times it would auto kill me since my pet wouldn't do enough DPS to stop the slug in cata.)

If you want pure spellpower you can go spellpower goggles extreme. With those and mechbuilder's overalls my disc priest has 300 spellpower. Of coarse you would have to go with engineering.

Sweetsydney...

I've been running both AQ's for a while, and still no drops I can use. None of the bosses are a problem for my 85 spriest except Viscidus, coz I can't hit him 30 times in 30 secs solo.

My guild leader on main has healing power though, and I think that's a safer option considering I have to do a lot of healing. Pugs require me to be versatile...

I'll look into alchemy seeing as mining is just 90hp, but engineering was never one of my favourite professions. After grinding it for my 49 back in TBC, I'm always put off levelling it.

Need some lucky Hotshots or something...

Users who are viewing this thread