24 Monk!

Eljero

Legend
Hey i think about to join the 24 community...
I perfer to play a monk. have anyone Armorylinks for a MW BM WW ?

Greetings form Germay Eljero .. :D

F2P is where its at. But if you must. WW/BM is pretty much rogue gear. MW is like Rdruid. Now go check them out in the stickies.

Best of luck
/Dashade

Eljero!<3 do it, I am currently working on a 24 lock (not like its any viable but good cc to setup a kill with team effort) :D:D:D:D:D::D

Take a look at the new 20-24 list, might find something there. Lvl 20 <3 btw.

All three specs are viable. Brewmasters make strong FCs and anti-FCs. They have 25% damage reduction, 20% increased stamina, and they stagger 20% of incoming damage which is all good for flag carrying. You also have a ranged spammable snare, which is great for keeping people off you as a FC as well as slowing down EFC and EFC's support. You also have Clash which is sort of like Death Grip and it stuns as well as spinning around the target. This can really mess up the EFC.

WW monks deal strong damage and have a damaging stun on a 25 second CD. They have good mobility with a base 10% increased movement speed (stacks with minor speed boot enchant!), Chi Roll + Momentum talent, and Flying Crane Kick. Similar in a lot of ways to a rogue or feral, but you lack an interrupt or self heals and stealth. The main thing is the stun, get a healer to around half then Fists of Fury = dead.

Mistweavers can stance dance between dealing out a bit of melee damage and healing. Your healing is pretty simple but you can be interrupted easily while channeling your main heal Soothing Mist. If you want to roll a healer you'd probably be better off going Paladin or Druid.

All three specs are viable. Brewmasters make strong FCs and anti-FCs. They have 25% damage reduction, 20% increased stamina, and they stagger 20% of incoming damage which is all good for flag carrying. You also have a ranged spammable snare, which is great for keeping people off you as a FC as well as slowing down EFC and EFC's support. You also have Clash which is sort of like Death Grip and it stuns as well as spinning around the target. This can really mess up the EFC.

WW monks deal strong damage and have a damaging stun on a 25 second CD. They have good mobility with a base 10% increased movement speed (stacks with minor speed boot enchant!), Chi Roll + Momentum talent, and Flying Crane Kick. Similar in a lot of ways to a rogue or feral, but you lack an interrupt or self heals and stealth. The main thing is the stun, get a healer to around half then Fists of Fury = dead.

Mistweavers can stance dance between dealing out a bit of melee damage and healing. Your healing is pretty simple but you can be interrupted easily while channeling your main heal Soothing Mist. If you want to roll a healer you'd probably be better off going Paladin or Druid.

Err, have you even been playing mw? Does not seem like that...

the only one that comes to mind is swoopsy but hes capped at 20... you dont really see any 24 monks because of 24's its one of the least powerful classes in the bracket. the only other monk i can think of atm is feet but i cant find the armory link since she uses so many damn accents on the letters. id like to deter you from 24 but its your choice, and hell, id rather be seeing 24 monks rather than pallys, rogues, druids. gl!

What about brewmasters? I see enormous potential with them in replacing the previous role frost mages had in premades with their CC ability and maintaining a kiting defense.

On that note, are there any established 24 brewmaster monks in the bracket? An armory would be appreciated, or even a chardev/wowhead profile for a BiS brewmaster. I'd assume a reasonable amount of stam would be required combined with agility for DPS on barrel rolls...or would you flat out stam stack when playing a FC support role?

the only one that comes to mind is swoopsy but hes capped at 20... you dont really see any 24 monks because of 24's its one of the least powerful classes in the bracket. the only other monk i can think of atm is feet but i cant find the armory link since she uses so many damn accents on the letters. id like to deter you from 24 but its your choice, and hell, id rather be seeing 24 monks rather than pallys, rogues, druids. gl!

I actually find windwalker monks with a parachute cloak and tigers lust better FC's than brewmasters because of the high mobility you have and the cc for rogues and ferals and prot paladins with fists of fury since you only need to land 1 tick for a 4 second stun, if they trinket it they get restunned or you just use the first stun to get away. Also touch of karma, who could turn that down. Also fortigying brew which is a 20% increase in health and a 20% decrease in damage taken

Either way i have been fcing a lot recently in dps gear and it seems fine.

The damage of windwalkers is also extremely high i am often on par with my 24 hunter friends and sometimes shadow priests too, its just map dependent. I think they shine more in ab due to the fact they do great in fights with less cc since their damage is high but if you cannot land your touch of karma, since its melee range. You might find yourself getting gibbed randomly.

Overall i would vouch for it being viable. And instead of asking for more monks i would like to see more mages since i think i am the only one! :(

I actually find windwalker monks with a parachute cloak and tigers lust better FC's than brewmasters because of the high mobility you have and the cc for rogues and ferals and prot paladins with fists of fury since you only need to land 1 tick for a 4 second stun, if they trinket it they get restunned or you just use the first stun to get away. Also touch of karma, who could turn that down. Also fortigying brew which is a 20% increase in health and a 20% decrease in damage taken

I really would not suggest fcing for WW. You do have alot of mobility, but you lack the defenses to stay up unless you have a good pocket healer and then you are still not as viable as some of the other fc options

i would highly recomend a engineering mistweaver . they are sooooooooo much fun and if u do it right you can generate ridiculous healing and out heal a druid . you also have great team utility with ur tiger lust and ur detox curing poison magic and devouring plague .

roll a lvl 20 monk imo .

Users who are viewing this thread