EU+US 20 BiS?

I'll test stuff this afternoon, if people wanna make a list.

Anyone going to bring up how iLvL doesn't increase stats in iPvP right now?

No one?

From my own tests, a full white set of leather gives the same stats as a full iLvL BiS set in Arenas and Battlegrounds at level 20.
that was a very bad test. don't test random whites and your old "bis" armor from wod. those arent high enough ilvl to make effect. the items said above and watch it make a difference.

Gear is irrelevant. Just fill slots and you're fine. If you're desperate for that tiny smudge of an upgrade, then wait for legion. The trink will return. Costs honor which you can't get atm due to the season being at an end
why wait for legion, you can have that tiny smudge upgrade now

that was a very bad test. don't test random whites and your old "bis" armor from wod. those arent high enough ilvl to make effect. the items said above and watch it make a difference.

why wait for legion, you can have that tiny smudge upgrade now

My phrasing wasn't ambiguous, but you were able to misinterpret it - well done!

I tested a set of full white gear (low iLvL) with a set of full best in slot iLvL gear for level 20's.

There was no difference in stats - but a difference of over 20 average iLvL.

So in other words, gear is completely obsolete in instanced pvp. Ilvl probably has value in world pvp?
No, wpvp is going to be the same as previous expansions. But obviously adapting.
For example:
Gloves of the gang were used for scaling, but in world PvP you'd use naga gloves.
Enchants and everything work in world PvP, so your gear is not wasted! Do not delete them :)

Last edited:
With BiS now being a definitive and no longer any debate on whats best sadly I'd like to know if anything would be considered better then this set.

Head - Mist-Piercing Goggles
Neck - Problem Solving Pendant
Back - Parachute Cloak
Waist - Gnomish Belt
Pants - Tuxedo Pants
Feet - Gnomish Rocket Boots
Rings - The Rock x2
2H Wep - Emil's Brand
Off Hand - Stratholme Lily
Trinket - Hook of the Master Angler
Trinket - Insignia of the Alliance

Edit: Seems we have a chance of getting an Ilv 28 item from the random BG bags.

Edit 2: I will be updating this with any items listed that are BiS. Hopefully we can have one simple post with all BiS items

The cloth chest from BFD is ilvl28. I don;t have the GFed trink so i use the gnomish netgun and shrink ray until i get the fishing one. this post was very helpful.

i think for items to make a difference in the 20-29 bracket it must have an ilvl of 34 or higher but i need someone to confirm this

GFed as well
It only seems to be grandfathered for all non-cloth classes.

My paladin was offered the plate belt. My druid was offered no gear at all. It's obvious Blizzard has chosen to implement the class/spec quest loot system for low level quests. It's pretty stupid.

Has anyone managed to find a caster 1h higher than loom?
I believe the only one you'll find higher than heirlooms (as a level 20) is the one from the PvP crates from queuing random battlegrounds. You can get a blue ilvl 28 one, I believe.

Users who are viewing this thread