19 Warrior resurrection

aynnearchy

Legend
I'm a twink from the old days, and came back to the site to check out draenor's old site to see that it's still active!

I retired when they corralled the battlegroups and level capped since it made it impossible in my battlegroup. I'm interested in returning, but that rend/thunderclap spec i had with glyphs seems pretty dead. The thread for warriors doesn't seem like it's been updated since August. Was curious if any active twinks could point an old warrior in some good directions. (also have paladin, warlock)

Thanks,

Aynnearchy

My Armory

Warriors are in a dire state atm. They've lost most of their utility and prior to this patch their only chance was a quick burst. The patch we're in now normalised damage, leaving warriors all across Azeroth in a state of great depression.

I'm currently not aware of anything that have solved this situation - My warrior is on fishing vacation at the moment and does not care to wonder about his state in the world of Player vs. Player.

I do hope someone can point you in the right direction - If not, please use the 'search' button and try something like "warrior" "19" "cataclysm" combination of those 3 (I'm not the best searcher in the world).

There have been quite a few topics about warriors, however that was in 4.0.3. Not sure how many there are about warriors in 4.0.3a since they seem to be out of the loop for a viable class these days. Then again, that could just be my observations.

Good luck!

Best regards,

Due to the loss of many of the warrior's pvp abilities, and the reduced damage, most warriors roll Fury, because it contains Piercing Howl, the AoE slow, along with the ability to dual wield (SFs most go for). We are still looking for a better use for them.

Right now it seems like the popular spec is Fury but there are plenty of diehard 2 hand users still because they like the burst. Overall the warrior is kind of in the dumps right now...I'm not bashing on them but if I were to recommend to someone new or coming back to 19...I would tell them anything but warrior. You look pretty geared but you might want to read the Sticky post on hit rating it's worth sacrificing a bit here and there to get.

If warrior is what you are comfortable with and you are good at the game I think you will find lots of fun in your warrior still and be competitive, just realize that Hamstring is no longer there so the play style has changed.

Just gear up for big hits and stay away from mid and all the hunters and rogues. I've seen warriors do quite well on defense because they still can put out decent damage numbers and there tend to be more healers on D to keep you up. Maybe carry around rage potions (cheap enough to make) to help with your damage

Rogues used to be a poor wsg class but it's viability and fun class came from Arena - could RvR turn into WvW in a domination of 'skill'. We'll have to wait and see when Skirms are back online

Hey Aynn I have a 19 twink warrior have had him for a long time now (about a year). I FC most of the time now and i think warriors are really good FCs with just 1 healer sometimes they can stay alive solo if you have the gear and skill for them. But dmg im not so sure about I can't figure out wich spec to use for dmg so i can't help you there but im good at prot gear. Ill get a armory link to my guy in a minute.

I do have have some hit BOA gear somewhere, figured I might fish for the hat, which I'm sure they will nerf as soon as I get it. haha!

To be fair, the warrior never had much love. Just annoyances like charging a hunter and disarming him. Slowing down the flag runner, and annoying people with running the flag yourself b/c of your amount of health. Suppose giving fury a try might be ok, need to get another BOA weapon.. though I have every blue weapon minus shadowfang you could want.

I just saw that many of the defiler stuff will be blue items in next patch?

With the felguard, the lock would be pretty awesome I think. I have the furlbog offhand on him though it doesn't work anymore. I have a mage I didn't finish, but it's left alone on a server with no BOA items so staying away from it. I just finished levelling a rogue to 80, and was loving prep/shadowstep/ambush. With garbage gear, no BOA, I'd one shot some people, and make some twinks cringe. I accidentally popped my 19 hunter to 20 forgetting I didn't turn off xp on him.. grr. I do remember that warriors had that 2 week perion of domination with that unlevelled restricted sword from that elite in Northrend. You'd rend someone and they would be dead in like 3 ticks. Unless they could twink heal/bubble out of it.

goblin or worgen twink might be fun. Druids are annoying still no? haha

my warlock is probably most viable after (have the boa trinket, stafff, chest, and shoulders on a caster on this server)

kndiamund's armory

All my twinks are horde, perhaps I should make an ally one now - worgen druid? :)

Warriors got pretty bad as you could most probably read; but im in the midst of forming a hit heavy fury set up; and even a mixed prot set up.

Currently im in prot; The World of Warcraft Armory - Examiner @ Draenor - Profile

with 2.4k armour 14% crit 237 AP and 2k hp unbuffed it doesnt seem bad; but you do feel the Time on target issue due to the loss of hamstring.

Once i have a fury update ill get back to you ^^

Ya I had my name Hamstring when we had hamstring but lol we don't have it anymore I feel weird having the name and going into a bg with it lol. Aynn we don't have shield bash or heroic throw so Gag Order won't work that's why i picked that talent otherwise i would of done Gag Order. and np lol

My warrior used to be an FC in BC, but retired shortly after the games dissipated. He is back now - I just got the new fishing hat for him... Armory is all over the place, since he is not ready for pvp yet. Could I get suggestions for a currently obtainable MH/OH combo with chants (I never see SF for sale on my server, even though money is not a problem - have access to all the BOA, but ring)? I am currently holding-out on getting new quest items, contemplating whether go with the FC or dps oriented quest gear (and I was lazy to really look into this).

Oh, I'm a gnome, so I have short-blade spec (3 exp).

I've got a guillotine axe with crusader (14.2 dps)

stinging viper with fiery which is fun to play with

Buzz Saw is easy enough to get in DM

I have reliably gotten 2 redbeard crest drops from the elite allianec group that walks thru barrens - though doubt they are still there. I like a redbeard with stam on it. Beating the crap out of someone with cookie's tenderizer is fun and it has hit.

I miss Enti's Quenched Sword. *cries* Ok.. it was OP

Blackwater Cutlas has hit and isn't awful.

What are thoughts on the BOA weapon that has resilience and grants an extra swing?

Having a hard time finding something that tops the bloodied arcanite reaper with crusader

Elixir of Minor Accuracy + As much hit gear as you can get + Fury = A very good time as a warrior in 4.0.3

@ 9.5% chance to miss (white dmg) I have a blast. Can't wait to get some of the new gear to get it closer to 0%.

P.S. Drop your SF(s) and duel wield Butcher's Slicer. Its a big UG i promise.

Clickplease said:
P.S. Drop your SF(s) and duel wield Butcher's Slicer. Its a big UG i promise.

If I'm correct Butcher's Slicer is not longer obtainable. Any other suggestions for currently available dw weapons?

If what you say about the Butcher's Slicer is true, and I don't know that it is, then Baron's Scepter would be 2nd in line.

The only difference between the two is the Scepter has -0.1 dps on the Slicer. Stats are the same. Your BT, HS, etc. will still hit way harder than with SF(s).

For my gnome with short blade expertise Slicers would be nicer - according to WoWWiki the Butcher could be summoned during the Baron Silverlaine encounter, but I think he does not drop anything. I ran it twice and only Baron drops loot.

EDIT: From WoWWik: "Razorclaw the Butcher, having already been killed in the past, has a chance to be summoned as a ghost worgen by Baron Silverlaine when his health is brought to ~25%. His level will be 20 elite and health only 1,936. He does not contain any loot nor does he say anything during the fight."

Users who are viewing this thread