19 warlock, yay or nay?

Dye

OG
I am very interested in leveling and making a caster twink. After some research, I decided upon warlock. I was wanting to know if warlocks are good at 19, or do they simply get facerolled by everyone else? Are there any casters or dps caster that does well at 19 in the ruin battlegroup? If so, what? why? any opinions would be great, not looking for gearing help because i already know how to do that, just some input from frequent players.

They are a very good class if played right. Run around dotting people will get you top damage, They are a very good class.

Yea I played a lock for a few years till that account got hacked and frozen :*(. However, they got SLIGHTLY boring after a while considering dot fear dot fear...but nonetheless they were fun :)

anything other than run around dotting? does the new drain soul mechanic help? or do they get steamrolled by most melee?

Like i said, They are a good class if played right. I have never played a warlock, but i have seen some damn good warlocks, They can kill melee easily, You got fear, Dots, and your Pet shield.

I had a hella hard time killing warlocks on my warrior and rogue.

Well I had my lock all out spellpower and just fearbombed and dotted them and it was basically over...but they were screwed against hunters haha...idk after having my lock for so long I needed to try something new but it was fun for the long time that I played him :p

Also, searing pain is a nice spell cause it has a very quick casting time, to add to the fear--> dott "rotation" lawl

UmpteenthTwink said:
They are a very good class if played right. Run around dotting people will get you top damage, They are a very good class.

Would you say locks are a very good class?

Locks played correctly are just as overpowered as hunters/shamans.

Well, warlocks are undoubtedly one of the most dangerous casters out in the level 19 bracket. I just realised there are only two/three and that is if you consider a shaman at level 19 a caster.

Anyway, they're basically like a self-healing overpowered mage. Fears & dots -> win. And yes, searing pain is really nice due to its short casting time and the damage it actually delivers.

Hey man, atm lock is probably the worst twink at 19, there i said it, doesnt change the fact i play it, its fun and not to mention very useful.

Do not forget the cataclysm changes will buff us deeply, felguard and soul link? k thanks il take that. not to mention ranking up shadowbolt if u wanna take conflag and try burst combos non crit probably for about 460 (immo shadowbolt searing pain conflag) the shadowbolt searing pain and conflag should hit at the same time if u are stood at max distance.

Its fun no doubt and i like a challenge i still steamrolled any twink i used to play agsint purely by outplaying fakecasting and outkiting. my lock twinks nearly in perfect(current) gear atm u can look him up to see the stats, i have jutebraid gloves in bags just need them enchanted other than that only need WG boa staff for best in slot which i am getting. bare in mind changes in cata so farm all gear u can tho.

atm unbuffed i am sat at 157 sp 1.3k hp 950 mana 2.5% hit i will be hit capped with staff i have minor speed on boots so im pretty happy with what i have, with immolate corruption and curse of agony i can deal 800 dmg, so any ap rogues wil die from dots alone its very amusing, main job in wsg is to assist fc by fearing, it is definately the most affective cc for peeling at this level, even better than poly since the move mechanic can tear players even further from the FC. in ca ta we will be tanks no doubt, 20% lless dmg is nothing to snarl at. (sp is 157 with glyph of life tap 145 without but is always up)

heres my locks armoury

The World of Warcraft Armory - Flibb @ Aerie Peak - Profile

good luck xD

stonebound said:
Hey man, atm lock is probably the worst twink at 19, there i said it, doesnt change the fact i play it, its fun and not to mention very useful.

Do not forget the cataclysm changes will buff us deeply, felguard and soul link? k thanks il take that. not to mention ranking up shadowbolt if u wanna take conflag and try burst combos non crit probably for about 460 (immo shadowbolt searing pain conflag) the shadowbolt searing pain and conflag should hit at the same time if u are stood at max distance.

Its fun no doubt and i like a challenge i still steamrolled any twink i used to play agsint purely by outplaying fakecasting and outkiting. my lock twinks nearly in perfect(current) gear atm u can look him up to see the stats, i have jutebraid gloves in bags just need them enchanted other than that only need WG boa staff for best in slot which i am getting. bare in mind changes in cata so farm all gear u can tho.

atm unbuffed i am sat at 157 sp 1.3k hp 950 mana 2.5% hit i will be hit capped with staff i have minor speed on boots so im pretty happy with what i have, with immolate corruption and curse of agony i can deal 800 dmg, so any ap rogues wil die from dots alone its very amusing, main job in wsg is to assist fc by fearing, it is definately the most affective cc for peeling at this level, even better than poly since the move mechanic can tear players even further from the FC. in ca ta we will be tanks no doubt, 20% lless dmg is nothing to snarl at. (sp is 157 with glyph of life tap 145 without but is always up)

heres my locks armoury

The World of Warcraft Armory - Flibb @ Aerie Peak - Profile

good luck xD

best class for peeling in priest followed by a mage due to the AOE effects of thier CC. soon it will be ele shaman

peeling a single target then mate, if u utilise fear properly u can fear one target until it is out of range then another. just requires you to be inventive with your spells, as a druid can root a priest by rooting then spamming ff. I do agree mage is very good at peeling due to frost nova, priest fear is a cd and in theory best but ofc chances are u may have already used it, then u are as useful as a chocolate teapot. (well u cans till heal and dispell(for now))

Oh and a good shaman beats a lock, so do hunters and priests.

I think you fail at playing lock if you think its the worst class,

Imo its the second best 1v1 class, first is probably shamans.

And they're still great in arena and wsg.

amg:> I think you play your class wrong if you lose 2 priests and hunters. Don't really see how a shaman can win a good lock.

Anyway thanks for making my day better:) priest win lock. ehwheheeh!

:)

Hey warlocs are very usefull and can put alota damage out in alot of situations in the wsg bg. yes they are a great class and very dangerous with a skilled player behind the keyboard.

Users who are viewing this thread