19 Wargame Project

Mage inc, going to get Jumpstreet to make a char too :)

I am a big fan of this project. I think its a great idea. But I am concerned about the gear. I thought one of the points of this was to make it easy, But now everyone is going to have to farm mats to make their goggles. I realize that this is not much work, but it will probably make people less likely to want to join in--myself included. Also, it achieves nothing. If we ALL have zero hit rating, we are all still equal.

I do get the point of why warriors have shoulders and druids do not. That makes sense (and I like it), but the hit-rating thing makes no sense to me if we are all equally diminished. I could perhaps imagine someone arguing that it takes some of the "skill" out of the game, but there will always be elements of chance in WoW. This is not chess -- we dont complain about the fact that some attacks can randomly cause double damage.

Anyway, that is my two cents.

It's also really quite comfortable levelling up the 19 in comparison to gearing a 20. :) You need to do something to level up anyway, and I easily managed to get a nearly complete green/blue stat set (excluding shoulders) in addition to the agreed upon wargame set.

Good luck with this guys, sounds fun, no op gear, no op hunters, just best strat and players win.

Has this started yet? I'm really interested, and I'd stop the 20 F2P bracket completely if I hear good things. Can actually enjoy the game for what it is without investing dozens of hours in what people call BiS.

Users who are viewing this thread