19 Twinks Reborn (Wargames)

Would you be interested in participating?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Stamm

Legend
If things go horribly south, and even if not, this has interesting promise. Before the xp locked bracket, heirlooms, and other such things, people would get the best gear they could on the way to 19. Another 19 project separate to this sprouted up on AP some time ago; I have no idea how it went. This will be even more viable now that we can CRZ and everyone doesn't have to be on the same realm.

OBJECTIVE: Get the best gear you can on the way to 19, no restrictions. This means there is no defined BiS. You have to juggle how you spend your XP on the way to getting gear.

I'd appreciate any p2p to list realms they frequent aside from the usual ones f2p are on, assuming they are willing to help group for wargames, so we know what realms toons could be made on.

This won't be the same as the f2p bracket (24 hr 7 days a week BG's poppin). We won't be able to do this all the time, these things generally have to be scheduled.

The poll is to determine if you are interested, or would be willing to even try if it had enough support.

Sounds like a great idea :p

funny lol I have a 15 rogue with 1.5k honor im pretty sure I can get a loom at 19 if I enter bgs and leave enough times lol. but the only twiinks that are going to leave are the bad ones. Im looking forward to seeing Goesid Juno and reham put theses 24s to shame u can count on me doing this for EU as I did in cata + on US I have my 24s and im willing to help new gearing players win bgs vs these weak premades. All the best Luck to yall - I believe the F2P braket players are strong and will come together vs the 24s and the only way the f2p braket will end is if blizz cuts f2p.

If things go horribly south, and even if not, this has interesting promise. Before the xp locked bracket, heirlooms, and other such things, people would get the best gear they could on the way to 19. Another 19 project separate to this sprouted up on AP some time ago; I have no idea how it went. This will be even more viable now that we can CRZ and everyone doesn't have to be on the same realm.

OBJECTIVE: Get the best gear you can on the way to 19, no restrictions. This means there is no defined BiS. You have to juggle how you spend your XP on the way to getting gear.

I'd appreciate any p2p to list realms they frequent aside from the usual ones f2p are on, assuming they are willing to help group for wargames, so we know what realms toons could be made on.

This won't be the same as the f2p bracket (24 hr 7 days a week BG's poppin). We won't be able to do this all the time, these things generally have to be scheduled.

The poll is to determine if you are interested, or would be willing to even try if it had enough support.

lol dude great ideal and let me add lol. If you are on Aggrmar or Aerie peak at 19 you can do AB and WSG wargames because you aren't XP locked so there will be no need to quer for a real bg - you don't even need opposite fractions :D :D :D :D :D

My advice after organizing the previous 19 wargames:

Be prepared for lots of drama.

Trying to get 10+ people online and split into "balanced" teams is a nightmare. It took 30 mins+ to organize a game and then 30 mins of the actual game. During that 1 hour if a single person goes AFK or quits then the whole hour is wasted for the other 9 people.

Scheduled times do not work.

You just have to sit around in F2P chat and gauge the interest during peak hours. I usually started by getting some 2v2 or 3v3 matches and then when we got 10 we did WSG.

One benefit I had was making about 15 extra accounts filled with about 30 preset characters that I could hand out to anyone else in the F2P channel to join and play. Without those accounts the project would never have gotten a WSG.

Perhaps you could start with a solid Arena system then it could possibly grow into WSG, but do not try to make a WSG from scratch.

I remember the old 19's project. I personally didn't like that idea because of the lack of variation in gear. I know that it will be hard, but there are easily enough people to schedule one. Perhaps CRZ will make things easier.

My advice after organizing the previous 19 wargames:

Be prepared for lots of drama.

Trying to get 10+ people online and split into "balanced" teams is a nightmare. It took 30 mins+ to organize a game and then 30 mins of the actual game. During that 1 hour if a single person goes AFK or quits then the whole hour is wasted for the other 9 people.

Scheduled times do not work.

You just have to sit around in F2P chat and gauge the interest during peak hours. I usually started by getting some 2v2 or 3v3 matches and then when we got 10 we did WSG.

One benefit I had was making about 15 extra accounts filled with about 30 preset characters that I could hand out to anyone else in the F2P channel to join and play. Without those accounts the project would never have gotten a WSG.

Perhaps you could start with a solid Arena system then it could possibly grow into WSG, but do not try to make a WSG from scratch.

On EU I found many were way more willing to do WSG than arenas and since we do 5v5 arenas @ 20 im pretty sure we could get a 5v5 WSG but idk about AP when I went there and many were very bitter torwards each other.

in all honesty if the next patch is that bad and 24's are sooo OP... i think we should all grow the fuck up and get onto one realm, and do 5v5 arena tournaments. thats just my opinion though, it would probably never happen anyways.

Its a good idea, but the lat "19 F2P project tink operation" didnt really work as I remember

That was before CRZ when we all had to be clumped on one realm, and I personally think AP has too much baggage. It's just my opinion, and the reason I choose not to play there anymore.

Users who are viewing this thread