19 Twink Information - Warlock Gear Guide - 3.1

This guide has been split into individual class gear guides because of the amount of gear listed per class. To check out the lead post with links to all the other classes, click here.

Warlock

[Horde]

Head: [ITEM]Lucky Fishing Hat[/ITEM]/[ITEM]Green Tinted Goggles[/ITEM]/[ITEM]Shadow Goggles[/ITEM]

Neck: [ITEM]Thick Bronze Necklace[/ITEM]/[ITEM]Scout's Medallion[/ITEM]/[ITEM]Voice Amplification Modulator[/ITEM]

Shoulders: [ITEM]Tattered Dreadmist Mantle[/ITEM]/[ITEM]Exquisite Sunderseer Mantle[/ITEM]/[ITEM]Reinforced Woolen Shoulders[/ITEM]/[ITEM]Talbar Mantle[/ITEM]

Back: [ITEM]Spidersilk Drape[/ITEM] (+5all resist or +12 dodge rating)/[ITEM]Tranquillien Champion's Cloak[/ITEM] (+5all resist or +12 dodge rating)/[ITEM]Battle Healer's Cloak[/ITEM](+5all resist or +12 dodge rating)

Chest: [ITEM]Inferno Robe[/ITEM] (+150health/+6all stats)/[ITEM]Bloody Apron[/ITEM] (+100health/+4all stats)/[ITEM]Tree Bark Jacket[/ITEM] (+4all stats/+100health)

Wrist: [ITEM]Crystalline Cuffs[/ITEM] (+9stam/+15sp)/[ITEM]Greenweave Bracers[/ITEM] +2stam/+2int (+9stam/+15sp)

Hands: [ITEM]Magefist Gloves[/ITEM] (+16sp/+20shadow sp/+10haste rating)/[ITEM]Jutebraid Gloves[/ITEM] (+16sp/+20shadow sp/+10haste rating)

Waist: [ITEM]Keller's Girdle[/ITEM]/[ITEM]Greenweave Sash[/ITEM] +7sp/[ITEM][Bright Belt][/ITEM]

Legs: [ITEM]Sacred Burial Trousers[/ITEM] (+16 armor)/[ITEM]Darkweave Breeches[/ITEM](+24 armor)

Feet: [ITEM]Spidersilk Boots[/ITEM] (Minor Speed Increase/+9stam)

Ring #1: [ITEM]Seal of Sylvanas[/ITEM]

Ring #2: [ITEM]Advisor's Ring[/ITEM]/[ITEM]Lavishly Jeweled Ring[/ITEM]/[ITEM]Bronze Band of Force[/ITEM]

Trinket #1: [ITEM]Inherited Insignia of the Horde[/ITEM]/[ITEM]Insignia of the Horde[/ITEM]/[ITEM]Arena Grand Master[/ITEM]/[ITEM]Minor Recombobulator[/ITEM]/[ITEM]Swift Hand of Justice[/ITEM]

Trinket #2: [ITEM]Arena Grand Master[/ITEM]/[ITEM]Minor Recombobulator[/ITEM]/[ITEM]Swift Hand of Justice[/ITEM]

Main Hand: [ITEM]Evocator's Blade[/ITEM] (+22 int/+30sp)/[ITEM]Dawnblade[/ITEM] (+22int/+30sp)

Offhand: [ITEM]Furbolg Medicine Pouch[/ITEM]/[ITEM]Eerie Stable Lantern[/ITEM]/[ITEM]Mystic Tome[/ITEM]

Two Hand: [ITEM]Dignified Headmaster's Charge[/ITEM](+30sp/+22int)/[ITEM]Grand Staff of Jordan[/ITEM] (+22int/+30sp)/[ITEM]Staff of the Blessed Seer[/ITEM] (+30sp)/[ITEM]Twisted Chanter's Staff[/ITEM] (+22int)

Ranged: [ITEM]Gravestone Scepter[/ITEM]/[ITEM]Banshee Rod[/ITEM] +1Sp, +1 Stam, +1 Int

[Alliance]

Head: [ITEM]Lucky Fishing Hat[/ITEM]/[ITEM]Green Tinted Goggles[/ITEM]/[ITEM]Shadow Goggles[/ITEM]

Neck: [ITEM]Thick Bronze Necklace[/ITEM]/[ITEM]Scout's Medallion[/ITEM]/[ITEM]Voice Amplification Modulator[/ITEM]

Shoulders:[ITEM]Tattered Dreadmist Mantle[/ITEM]/[ITEM]Exquisite Sunderseer Mantle[/ITEM]/[ITEM]Reinforced Woolen Shoulders[/ITEM]/[ITEM]Talbar Mantle[/ITEM]

Back: [ITEM]Spidersilk Drape[/ITEM] (+5all resist or +12 dodge rating)/[ITEM]Caretaker's Cape[/ITEM](+5all resist or +12 dodge rating)

Chest: [ITEM]Bloody Apron[/ITEM] (+4all stats/+100health)/[ITEM]Robe of the Moccasin[/ITEM](+4all stats/+100health)/[ITEM]Tree Bark Jacket[/ITEM] (+4all stats/+100health)

Wrist: [ITEM]Crystalline Cuffs[/ITEM] (+9stam/+15sp)/[ITEM]Greenweave Bracers[/ITEM] +2stam/+2int (+9stam/+15sp)

Hands: [ITEM]Magefist Gloves[/ITEM] (+16sp/+20shadow sp/+10haste rating)/[ITEM]Gold-flecked Gloves[/ITEM] (+16sp/+20shadow sp/+10haste rating)

Waist: [ITEM]Keller's Girdle[/ITEM]/[ITEM]Greenweave Sash[/ITEM] +7sp/[ITEM][Bright Belt][/ITEM]

Legs:[ITEM]Darkweave Breeches[/ITEM](+24 armor)

Feet: [ITEM]Spidersilk Boots[/ITEM] (Minor Speed Increase/+9stam)

Ring #1: [ITEM]Seal of Wrynn[/ITEM]

Ring #2: [ITEM]Lorekeeper's Ring[/ITEM]/[ITEM]Lavishly Jeweled Ring[/ITEM]/[ITEM]Bronze Band of Force[/ITEM]

Trinket #1: [ITEM]Inherited Insignia of the Alliance[/ITEM]/[ITEM]Insignia of the Alliance[/ITEM]/[ITEM]Arena Grand Master[/ITEM]/[ITEM]Minor Recombobulator[/ITEM]/[ITEM]Swift Hand of Justice[/ITEM]

Trinket #2: [ITEM]Arena Grand Master[/ITEM]/[ITEM]Minor Recombobulator[/ITEM]/[ITEM]Swift Hand of Justice[/ITEM]

Main Hand:[ITEM]Evocator's Blade[/ITEM] (+22 int/+30sp)

Offhand: [ITEM]Furbolg Medicine Pouch[/ITEM]/[ITEM]Eerie Stable Lantern[/ITEM]/[ITEM]Mystic Tome[/ITEM]

Two Hand: [ITEM]Dignified Headmaster's Charge[/ITEM](+30sp/+22int)/[ITEM]Grand Staff of Jordan[/ITEM] (+22int/+30sp)/[ITEM]Staff of the Blessed Seer[/ITEM] (+30sp)/[ITEM]Twisted Chanter's Staff[/ITEM] (+22int)

Ranged: [ITEM]Gravestone Scepter[/ITEM]/[ITEM]Banshee Rod[/ITEM] +1Sp, +1 Stam, +1 Int

TALENTS+GLYPHS!

Option 1) http://www.wowhead.com/?talent#IbZbhc

2/2 Improved Curse of Agony, 2/2 Improved Healthstone, 3/3 Demonic Embrace, and 3/3 Demonic Brutality

Glyph combination: [ITEM]Glyph of Curse of Agony[/ITEM] + [ITEM]Glyph of Drain Soul[/ITEM]

Comment: A nice balanced Warsong/Arena set up. :)

Stars: [*****] 5!

Option 2) http://www.wowhead.com/?talent#Idx0b

2/2 Improved Curse of Agony, 1/3 Suppression, 5/5 Improved Corruption, and 2/2 Soul Siphon

Glyph combination: [ITEM]Glyph of Curse of Agony[/ITEM] + [ITEM]Glyph of Drain Soul[/ITEM]

Comment: Heavy dps combined with better healing. Win.

Option 3) http://www.wowhead.com/?talent#IbhZZx

2/2 Improved Curse of Agony, 3/5 Improved Corruption, 5/5 Improved Shadow Bolt

Glyph combination: [ITEM]Glyph of Corruption[/ITEM] + [ITEM]Glyph of Drain Soul[/ITEM]

Comment: Better wsg set up since your glyph will proc more (more targets). Looks interesting.

Professions:

Coming soon...

*KEY*

DarkOrange = Enchants

Teal = Green item stats

Cloak Enchants:

+12dodge rating = [ITEM]Scroll of Enchant Cloak - Dodge[/ITEM]

+15nature resist = [ITEM]Scroll of Enchant Cloak - Greater Nature Resistance[/ITEM]

+5all resist = [ITEM]Scroll of Enchant Cloak - Greater Resistance[/ITEM]

+stealth increase = [ITEM]Scroll of Enchant Cloak - Stealth[/ITEM]

+70armor = [ITEM]Scroll of Enchant Cloak - Superior Defense[/ITEM]

+3agil = [ITEM]Scroll of Enchant Cloak - Lesser Agility[/ITEM]

Chest Enchants:

+150health = [ITEM]Scroll of Enchant Chest - Exceptional Health[/ITEM]

+6all stats = [ITEM]Scroll of Enchant Chest - Exceptional Stats[/ITEM]

+mp/5 = [ITEM]Scroll of Enchant Chest - Restore Mana Prime[/ITEM]

+4all stats = [ITEM]Scroll of Enchant Chest - Greater Stats[/ITEM]

+100mana = [ITEM]Scroll of Enchant Chest - Major Mana[/ITEM]

Wrist Enchants:

+9stam = [ITEM]Scroll of Enchant Bracer - Superior Stamina[/ITEM]

+9stre = [ITEM]Scroll of Enchant Bracer - Superior Strength[/ITEM]

+7int = [ITEM]Scroll of Enchant Bracer - Greater Intellect[/ITEM]

+15sp = [ITEM]Scroll of Enchant Bracer - Healing Power[/ITEM]

+mp/5 = [ITEM]Scroll of Enchant Bracer - Mana Regeneration[/ITEM]

Glove Enchants:

+15agil = [ITEM]Scroll of Enchant Gloves - Superior Agility[/ITEM]

+20shadow sp = [ITEM]Scroll of Enchant Gloves - Shadow Power[/ITEM]

+20fire sp = [ITEM]Scroll of Enchant Gloves - Fire Power[/ITEM]

+20frost sp = [ITEM]Scroll of Enchant Gloves - Frost Power[/ITEM]

+16sp = [ITEM]Scroll of Enchant Gloves - Healing Power[/ITEM]

+10haste = [ITEM]Scroll of Enchant Gloves - Minor Haste[/ITEM]

Foot Enchants:

+Minor speed = [ITEM]Scroll of Enchant Boots - Minor Speed[/ITEM]

+7stam = [ITEM]Scroll of Enchant Boots - Greater Stamina[/ITEM]

+7agil = [ITEM]Scroll of Enchant Boots - Greater Agility[/ITEM]

+5hit rating = [ITEM]Scroll of Enchant Boots - Lesser Accuracy[/ITEM]

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This post is dedicated to a few very special twinks that have really changed how I view twinking and they help make the game so much more enjoyable. Thanks for all the fish!

-Anegative <nightmare>

-Bogdar <nightmare>

-Bullemic <nightmare>

-Dooshe <nightmare>

-Rougetwo <nightmare>

also thanks to the following who contributed to this thread and the previous one.

-Dandr

-Deaconator

-Doffe

-Goma

-Painaid

-Mathalor

-Mille91

-Mummified

-Rayekk

-Ripscream

-Tendron

-Time_Ace

-Trespasser

One last BIG shout out to Drayner too, his continuous efforts to better twinking have been phenomenal. Thank you for all your hard work and revolutionizing the twink population!</nightmare></nightmare></nightmare></nightmare></nightmare>

Just a quick question: why do you recommend +100 mana to chest? With life tap along with the decent amount of int already in the build, extra mana seems. superfluous

Demøniç said:
Just a quick question: why do you recommend +100 mana to chest? With life tap along with the decent amount of int already in the build, extra mana seems. superfluous

Good point, thank you. I'm not gonna lie, I pretty much just copy+pasted this from the priest section. Thanks for catching that.

Duckhunt said:
Good point, thank you. I'm not gonna lie, I pretty much just copy+pasted this from the priest section. Thanks for catching that.

Oh, also, the 22 int on TCS should probably also be changed. SP is about a million times better.

Additional Options

I'm new to the site but figure I'd add my 2 cents.

[ITEM]Inferno Robe[/ITEM] can hold a 15 resilience enchant, but it is not worth it at this level. +15 res against the best twink rogue in my guild gives 21 effective health, so the +150 health enchant is far better. (I can provide math on it if anyone needs it).

[ITEM]Bright Belt[/ITEM] gives more stamina than [ITEM]Keller's Girdle[/ITEM], I use it because I don't need more mana and more health is always a plus.

My spec is also a little different.

2/2 Curse of Agony, 3/5 Improved Corruption, 2/2 Soul Siphon, and 3/3 Demonic Embrace.

Once I dot up a target, and if I chose not to drain life, I spam Searing Pain because of its 1.5 second cast time and lack of trail. I don't usually use Shadow Bolt, so Bane doesn't provide much dps gain.

Demonic Embrace gives a 10% increase in stamina, and more health always helps.

Because I don't use Shadow Bolt, Glyph of Corruption loses it's value. I've replaced it with [ITEM]Glyph of Immolate[/ITEM], as Immolate is a dot I almost always apply to the target. More dots = more benefit from Soul Siphon.

One random bit of info I have tested and confirmed, the Drain Soul tooltip says that it does 4x the damage if your target is at or below 25% health. This only applies for Rank 6 Drain Soul! Drain Life is far superior damage-wise than Drain Soul, and it gives 120% damage done back as health via Demon Skin's effect

I've found this build to provide the highest dps with a very large health pool.

Useful Professions:

Mining - it provides a passive +7 stamina buff at the highest level a 19 can obtain (225). Smelting ore from a main or alt can be used to help level this past normal boundaries.

Herbalism - Lifeblood provides a powerful HoT, 480 or 720 over 5 seconds, depending on how far you chose to grind it, 150 or 225.

Engineering - The AoE damage/stun bombs are very useful. Also a good way to obtain a head piece before you get [ITEM]Lucky Fishing Hat[/ITEM].

I am more than happy to answer any questions I haven't covered yet.

Nitemair said:
I'm new to the site but figure I'd add my 2 cents.

[ITEM]Inferno Robe[/ITEM] can hold a 15 resilience enchant, but it is not worth it at this level. +15 res against the best twink rogue in my guild gives 21 effective health, so the +150 health enchant is far better. (I can provide math on it if anyone needs it).

[ITEM]Bright Belt[/ITEM] gives more stamina than [ITEM]Keller's Girdle[/ITEM], I use it because I don't need more mana and more health is always a plus.

My spec is also a little different.

2/2 Curse of Agony, 3/5 Improved Corruption, 2/2 Soul Siphon, and 3/3 Demonic Embrace.

Once I dot up a target, and if I chose not to drain life, I spam Searing Pain because of its 1.5 second cast time and lack of trail. I don't usually use Shadow Bolt, so Bane doesn't provide much dps gain.

Demonic Embrace gives a 10% increase in stamina, and more health always helps.

Because I don't use Shadow Bolt, Glyph of Corruption loses it's value. I've replaced it with [ITEM]Glyph of Immolate[/ITEM], as Immolate is a dot I almost always apply to the target. More dots = more benefit from Soul Siphon.

One random bit of info I have tested and confirmed, the Drain Soul tooltip says that it does 4x the damage if your target is at or below 25% health. This only applies for Rank 6 Drain Soul! Drain Life is far superior damage-wise than Drain Soul, and it gives 120% damage done back as health via Demon Skin's effect

I've found this build to provide the highest dps with a very large health pool.

Useful Professions:

Mining - it provides a passive +7 stamina buff at the highest level a 19 can obtain (225). Smelting ore from a main or alt can be used to help level this past normal boundaries.

Herbalism - Lifeblood provides a powerful HoT, 480 or 720 over 5 seconds, depending on how far you chose to grind it, 150 or 225.

Engineering - The AoE damage/stun bombs are very useful. Also a good way to obtain a head piece before you get [ITEM]Lucky Fishing Hat[/ITEM].

I am more than happy to answer any questions I haven't covered yet.

Thank you for those, I'm actually working on a warlock right now and when I went back and looked at this I noticed a lot of things wrong. :(

Ty. ^_^

Hold up

So I just found out, +100 health enchant has a level 30 requirement besides the ilevel requirement. Blizz is being lazy and hasn't updated their tooltips.

Don't apply +100 health enchant to chest!

I'm not sure yet if +150 health or +4/+6 stats got this nerf as well. I'll add another post when I find out.

Link to the forum where I found the info: Click here

One source so far says the level requirement for 150 health to chest is 35, but that could easily be wrong since that is the ilevel requirement. Can anybody lend input? Does +150 work @ 19 on Inferno Robe? What about +6/+4 stats?

Edit: Confirmed that +4/+6 stats still works on chest. Still don't know about 150 health. From the lack of complaints on Blizz forums I'd say it looks like it still does.

I foresee a nerf in the near future :(

Blizz makes me happy every time they release a patch. (sarcasm)

Do I plan for the nerf or rechant later? hmm

I Love you duck :)

Very nice guide, has helped alot.

locks use fire spells too, it depends on your play style, do you see your self casting searing pain and immolate often?

what about Robe of the Moccasin 6stam 6 spirit and 7 spell power this is what i use on my warlock and i still have 1300 mana so i like the extra spell power.

Users who are viewing this thread