19 Twink Guide to Patch 3.1

Rip

OG
19 Twink Guide to Patch 3.1 (Updated for Build 9864)

Patch 3.1 holds a lot of changes in store for all twinks, and because the information is a little bit scattered I decided to compile it all together so we'll all be able to be as informed as possible by the time the patch hits. In this "Guide" I'll cover all the important Blizzard patch notes and the unannounced changes for everything that affects the 19 Twinking Community.

*Updated for PTR Build 9864*

Blizzard Patch Notes

General

-Spirit: The amount of mana regeneration granted by this stat has been reduced by 40%.

-Haste Rating: shamans, paladins, druids, and death knights now receive 30% more melee haste from Haste Rating.

-Gift of the Naaru (Draenei Racial): The heal has been changed to an instant-cast direct heal instead of a heal-over-time.

-Stoneform (Dwarf Racial): No longer makes you immune to poison, disease and bleed effects for 8 seconds. Instead, using Stoneform will clear those effects when cast. Cooldown reduced to 2 minutes from 3 minutes.

-Noble Garden has been redesigned into a week-long holiday with new items, quests, and more. Various achievements have been added, including the meta-achievement Noble Gardener, which is now required for the meta-achievement What A Long, Strange Trip It's Been.

PvP

Arenas

-Enemy Unit Frames: This feature is only available while in Arenas, with several options in the Interface Options.

Battlegrounds

-Players will now be able to queue for battlegrounds from any location. Leaving a battleground will return you to the location from which you entered.

Druids

-Faerie Fire and Faerie Fire (Feral): Now have a 5 minute duration, and a 40 second PvP duration.

-Swipe: The Bear Form and Dire Bear Form version of this ability no longer has a targeting requirement and hits targets behind the druid and to the sides.

Talents

Restoration

-Improved Mark of the Wild: Now also increases all of your total attributes by 1/2%.

Hunters

-Ammunition: All types of gun and bow ammunition now stack to 1000. All quivers and ammo pouches no longer provide haste. 15% ranged haste is now built in to Hunter Autoshot.

-Call Stabled Pet: This new ability lets the hunter remotely access the stable. 30 min cooldown.

-Cunning, Ferocity and Tenacity pets now all have +5% damage, +5% armor and +5% health bonuses. This should make more pet families feel viable, while additional talents have been added to distinguish a pet’s abilities based on its specializations.

-Pets now inherit more spell hit from the hunter. Pets with magic attacks should not require a player to stack additional hit compared to pets with physical attacks.

Talents

Beast Mastery

-Improved Aspect of the Hawk now has a new spell effect.

Survival

-Trap Mastery: This talent has been moved up to tier-2, up from tier-9.

Entrapment redesigned: When your Frost Trap, Immolation Trap, Explosive Trap and Snake Trap are triggered, you entrap all afflicted targets, preventing them from moving for 2/4/6 seconds.

-Improved Wing Clip: This talent has been removed.

Pets

-Cunning, Ferocity and Tenacity pets will all have +5% damage, +5% armor and +5% health bonuses.

-Furious Howl (wolf special ability) now stacks with Battle Shout and Blessing of Might, however, it only affects the wolf and hunter. Its effect and cooldown have been doubled so that it provides the same benefit but isn’t up 100% of the time.

-Savage Rend will always boost the raptor's damage by 10% for 30 seconds when used, instead of grating attack power upon a critical hit. This will also be correctly shown in the tooltip.

Mages

Talents

Fire

-Ignite: The damage done by this talent will no longer receive modifications from effects that increase or decrease damage done by a percentage.

Paladins

-Auras will now persist through death and affect a 40 yard radius.

-Blessing of Kings is now trainable at level 20. Removed from talent trees.

-Forbearance reduced to a 2-minute duration.

Talents

Protection

-New Talent: Divinity: Tier 1 protection talent, increases healing done by and to you by 1/2/3/4/5%.

Retribution

-Benediction now affects Hand of Reckoning.

Priests

Talents

Discipline

-Improved Power Word: Fortitude: Now also increases your total Stamina by 2/4%.

-Unbreakable Will:Increased from 3/6/9/12/15% to 6/12/18/24/30%.

Shadow

-Blackout: This talent has been removed.

-Darkness: This talent is now in tier-1, moved up from tier-6.

-Spirit Tap: Now grants 83% of mana regeneration while casting.

-Improved Spirit Tap: Now grants 17/33% of mana regeneration while casting

Rogues

Shaman

-Flametongue Weapon: Bonus damage from spell power now based on weapon speed. Slower weapons will benefit more from spell power.

Talents

Restoration

-Ancestral Healing and Healing Grace have swapped places in the Restoration talent tree.

Warlocks

-Curse of Recklessness has been removed.

-Curse of Weakness: Now also reduces the armor of the target by 5%.

-Drain Soul: Each time Drain Soul deals damage to a target which can grant experience, it now has a chance to generate a Soul Shard.

-Ritual of Summoning: The summoning of the initial portal is now instant cast, down from 5 seconds.

-Soul Shard: This item now has a maximum count of 32 in inventory.

-Voidwalker: The health bonus on this pet has been reduced from 60% to 10%.

Talents

Demonology

-Fel Synergy has been moved to tier-1. No longer increases Intellect, Stamina and damage of your summoned demon.

Destruction

-Aftermath re-designed: Increases the periodic damage done by your Immolate by 3/6%, and your Conflagrate has a 50/100% chance to daze the target for 5 sec.

-Cataclysm: Now reduces the mana cost of Destruction spells by 4/7/10%. No longer increases the chance to hit.

-Improved Shadow Bolt: Now increases the damage done by your Shadow Bolt spell by 1/2/3/4/5%, and causes your target to be vulnerable to spell damage, increasing spell critical strike chance against that target by 1/2/3/4/5%. Effect lasts 30 sec.

Warriors

-Battle Stance: Now increases armor penetration by 10%.

-Charge: Duration of stun effect now lasts 1.5 sec. This effect no longer has diminishing returns.

-Defensive Stance: Now reduces damage caused by 5%.

-Disarm: This ability now disarms ranged weapons as well.

-Intimidating Shout: Cooldown reduced to 2 minutes.

Professions

Gathering Professions

-Toughness, Master of Anatomy, and Lifeblood now have level requirements equal to the level required for the corresponding skill rank: Apprentice (1), Journeyman (1), Expert (10), Artisan (25), Master (40), Grand Master (55).

-You can no longer fail when Mining, Herbing, and Skinning.

User Interface

-A new Equipment Manager feature has been added. This feature can be turned on from the Interface Options, and will enable managing up to ten separate sets of equipped items.

Items

-Arena Master Trinket: Dodge rating has been replaced with stamina.

-Hearthstone: Cooldown has been reduced to 30 min. down from 60 min.

-Magic Dust now has a 10 second PvP duration.

-Old Naxxramas Shoulder Enchants will now soulbind items.

Hunter

-Glyph of the Monkey: No longer works while under the effect of Aspect of the Dragonhawk.

-Glyph of Raptor Strike: For 3 sec. after using Raptor Strike, you take 20% less damage.

Paladin

-Glyph of Holy Light: Can no longer crit and has had its range updated.

-Glyph of Holy Shock: Reduces the cooldown of Holy Shock by 1 sec.

Priest

-Glyph of Fade: Now reduces cooldown by 9 sec.

Rogue

-Glyph of Backstab: Now increases remaining duration on Rupture by 2 sec. each time it is used, up to a maximum of 6 sec.

-Glyph of Sprint: No longer reduces the duration.

Bug Fixes

-Glyph of Mocking Blow: Correctly increases damage of the ability by 25%.

-Glyph of Shocking: Tooltip has been corrected.

-Leaving a group while in an instance will now port you to the nearest graveyard rather than your Hearthstone location.

-Yaaarrrr! now has a detailed tooltip.

-Tremor Totem: Now correctly pulses every 3 sec, up from 1 sec.

Unannounced Changes

-Enchant +100HP to Chest now requires level 30 to receive stat benefits.

-All Leg Armor Kits require level 60/70+ to receive stat benefits.

-Naxx Enchants require level 60 to receive stat benefits.

-Proffession Buffs higher than Rank3 no longer give stat benefits.

-Inscription of the Gladiator no longer gives stat benefits to BoA shoulders.

-Many Blacksmithing items from the 1-300 Skill Range have been improved to be more useful.

-Many Leatherworking items from the 1-300 Skill Range have been improved to be more useful.

-Many Tailoring items from the 1-300 Skill Range have been improved to be more useful.

-New Battle Elixir: Elixir of Minor Accuracy (level 15 required): increases hit rating by 10 for 1 hour.

-New Enchant: Lesser Accuracy (feet): +5 hit rating.

-+16 SP to Gloves Enchant now correctly gives +16 SP

In Depth Crafted Item Changes.

Tailoring

Shoulders

Double-Stitched Woolen Shoulders - 5 Stam

Reinforced Woolen Shoulders - 4 Stam, 5 SP

Back

*New* Spidersilk Drape

Chest

Green Woolen Vest - 4 Stam, 3 Crit Rating

Legs

Simple Kilt - 5 SP

Boots

Spidersilk Boots - 4 Stam, 4 Int, 8 SP

Leatherworking

Back

Dark Leather Cloak - 3 Agi, 2 Stam

Chest

Moonglow Vest - 3 Int, 5 SP

Murloc Scale Breastplate - 3 Agi, 10 AP

Black Whelp Tunic - 3 Agi, 5 Hit Rating

Hillman's Leather Vest - 4 Stam, 5 SP

Toughened Leather Armor - 13 Stam

Hands

Fine Leather Gloves - 2 Int, 2 SP

Nimble Leather Gloves - 4 Agi, 4 Expertise Rating

Waist

Fine Leather Belt - 2 Int, 2 SP

Murloc Scale Belt - 3 Agi, 4 AP

Deviate Scale Belt - 5 Agi, 6 Stam, 3 Hit Rating

Legs

Embossed Leather Pants - 3 Agi, 2 Stam

Light Leather Pants - 5 Agi, 3 Stam

Fine Leather Pants - 5 Int, 5 SP

Boots

Embossed Leather Boots - 2 Agi, 2 Stam

Fine Leather Boots - 8 AP

Dark Leather Boots - 5 Agi

Blacksmithing

Shoulders

Rough Bronze Shoulders - 3 Str, 4 Stam

Chest

Rough Bronze Cuirass - 8 Str, 2 Stam

Wrist

Runed Copper Bracers - 3 Str

Gloves

Runed Copper Gauntlets - 2 Str

Waist

Runed Copper Belt - 3 Str, 2 Stam

Legs

Rough Bronze Leggings - 5 Stam, 4 Str

Boots

Rough Bronze Boots - 2 Str, 3 Stam

Weapons

Will be added soon

Hmm...Thank god i just rolled a 19 lock =D

Just reading these notes make me want to play WoW again.

Thank you for the guide Rip, really organizes everything I want to know.

~Zuty

Few unnecessary things in there but thanks are in order!

What is the point of having Glyph of Stoneclaw Totem glyphable (If its not a real word, it is now) by a level 15 shaman. Stoneclaw doesn't absorb damage until rank 8 which is gained at level 71. Does this mean Stoneclaw Totem is being changed?

~Zuty

Flametongue Weapon: Bonus damage from spell power now based on weapon speed. Slower weapons will benefit more from spell power.~sucks. Should have rolled glacial stone.

Seriously looks like enhancement MELEE shamans might be a new class in 19's. Considering the haste bonus as well. I still think they would still suck though.

Few unnecessary things in there but thanks are in order!

bold sections like TALENTS or specific classes so it makes it easier to look for things

Yeah, I wouldn't bother deciphering the wall of text yet. Basically I just copied and pasted the Blizzard Patch Notes, which kind of got turned into a clusterfuck from the format they had it in when copied to a forum post. I'm working on it in Microsoft Word right now making it readable, taking out non 19 twink related things, and then I'll add in a non patch announced changes too. So it'll be done soon.

Edit: Please only post things that are either incorrect, poorly stated or missing, there is a thank option built in so please just use that so I can easily read through all the changes that I need to make.

User said:
Flametongue Weapon: Bonus damage from spell power now based on weapon speed. Slower weapons will benefit more from spell power.~sucks. Should have rolled glacial stone.

Seriously looks like enhancement MELEE shamans might be a new class in 19's. Considering the haste bonus as well. I still think they would still suck though.

wow this looks awesome :)

RIP, i wouldn't tell people that these are official !

i repeat this to people...

BESIDES THE NAX ENCHANT, nothing is confirmed to even be going live. for all we know it could be only bugs. so as long as its not confirmed by blizzard itself, there is no need to make people hasting their decent into it. nothing is confirmed by blizzard and for all we know leg enchants affects not just 19s but also 80s on the PTR which leads us to think its only a bug in the system.

so again...

don't make hasty conclusion based on things that aren't confirmed yet !

PTR patches notes can change any day, any hours, any minutes.

they are in now way OFFICIAL !

@ArthurianKnight

Please only post things that are either incorrect, poorly stated or missing

/sigh

RIP, i wouldn't tell people that these are official

never did.

BESIDES THE NAX ENCHANT, nothing is confirmed to even be going live. for all we know it could be only bugs. so as long as its not confirmed by blizzard itself, there is no need to make people hasting their decent into it. nothing is confirmed by blizzard and for all we know leg enchants affects not just 19s but also 80s on the PTR which leads us to think its only a bug in the system.

Nothing is confirmed to go live. Because after all this is about the PTR, I am updating it whenever there is a new PTR Build. That's also why I posted the Official Patch Notes, and then I posted the changes (on the PTR) that were not announced by Blizzard in a different section.

don't make hasty conclusion based on things that aren't confirmed yet

*Note that this list covers Preparations for the Patch as if these changes are Final*

Please pay more attention when reading before posting.

i would like to add...anyone that actually equips a libram over a legpatch before the patch is a fucking retard....not only would u lose the stats for like a month before the patch....but u would also have about a 50% chance of having to reaply the leg patch when this patch turns out to just be all glitches

Rip said:
-Proffession Buffs higher than Rank3 no longer give stat benefits.

-Inscription of the Gladiator no longer gives stat benefits to BoA shoulders.

This is wrong. The buffs now require a level and don't downrank for lower levels.

The latter is that the Inscription of Gladiator requires 70 as well, and still useable on BoA.

iaccidentallytwink said:
This is wrong. The buffs now require a level and don't downrank for lower levels.

The latter is that the Inscription of Gladiator requires 70 as well, and still useable on BoA.

Yeah but this is from the 19 perspective, so they don't give a 19 twink stat benefits. I'll edit it to the way you stated it though since it seems a little more clearer. That is when I decide to update this guide lol

Rip said:
Yeah but this is from the 19 perspective, so they don't give a 19 twink stat benefits. I'll edit it to the way you stated it though since it seems a little more clearer. That is when I decide to update this guide lol

You stated leg kits require 60 instead of saying they give no benefit..

Users who are viewing this thread