19 Subtlety Rogue :)

You seem to have misunderstood what I meant by more than twice as effective. I am not saying that a haste stacking rogue does twice as much EF damage compared to a crit stacking rogue. What I am actually saying is that 1 haste rating is more than twice as effective at increasing EF damage compared to 1 crit rating.

Also, I am a little confused as to how your crits do 170% of your non-crits. The crit multiplier in pvp combat is 150%.

1 haste rating increases your average EF damage per minute by ~4.12, 1 crit rating increases it by 1.84.

Last edited by a moderator:
Updated for 6.1, missing defias belt otherwise 100% ideal nongoblin bis

Hey - Long time lurker here so can't kick off my own thread, hope you don't mind the hijack.
What makes Defias Belt better than Vigorous Belt of the Bandit?
Why is Gloomshade Armour better than the Loom chest?
Any general advice on my twink would be much appreciated. Again, sorry for the hijack, just curious :)
Phillian @ Blade's Edge - Community - World of Warcraft

Rogues generally agree that 1 agi > 4 crit because of how good agility is atm. So gloomshroud armor is 9 agi 4 stam 6 crit which is 3 agi vs 5 stam 2 crit compared to loom
Same thing goes for Defias Belt, it is 7 agility 5 stamina, 2 agi > 5 crit

Here is an example of what many would be considered to be BiS Poetic @ Draenor - Community - World of Warcraft

Rogues generally agree that 1 agi > 4 crit because of how good agility is atm. So gloomshroud armor is 9 agi 4 stam 6 crit which is 3 agi vs 5 stam 2 crit compared to loom
Same thing goes for Defias Belt, it is 7 agility 5 stamina, 2 agi > 5 crit

Here is an example of what many would be considered to be BiS Poetic @ Draenor - Community - World of Warcraft

Thanks for the swift reply! Comparing our characters side-by-side it appears that you favour Versatility over Crit, which seems to give you an impressive AP of 222 over my 146.
Would you suggest dropping my Foreman's Gloves for Gloves of the Fang? While Foreman's Gloves do give +5 haste, I drop a point of agility. In your opinion, is it worth the tradeoff?

In general, it seems that a lot of my stats are higher than yours (This honestly isn't a criticism, I'm just trying to better my understanding). Is the +60 or so AP worth such a big stat tradeoff? I guess opting for such huge AP gives you a more consistent output than hoping for a 200% crit. - EDIT, post below mine clarified the dirty crit nerf WoD brought in.

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey - Long time lurker here so can't kick off my own thread, hope you don't mind the hijack.
What makes Defias Belt better than Vigorous Belt of the Bandit?
Why is Gloomshade Armour better than the Loom chest?
Any general advice on my twink would be much appreciated. Again, sorry for the hijack, just curious :)
Phillian @ Blade's Edge - Community - World of Warcraft
The general saying is that 1 agi > 4 crit as rogue. This is beacuse of the nerf to crit in WoD (down from 2x dmg to 1,5x dmg) and because combat rogues, which is consideree the best spec for rogues, gain extra agility from a passive. With that in mind, and due to scaling, defias belt and gloom is BiS :)

Your rogue looks ok:
change loom neck to PvP neck for max agi
change to crit BoA shoulders
chest to gloom
bracers to forest leather bracers
gloves to Gloves of the Fang
belt to Defias
and change Elo's band to 2nd argas ring.

You can look at this rogue for enchanting advice and gearing, but bear in mind that those bracers only are available if you have started out as goblin, Forest Leather Bracers would be the best substitution: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/stormrage/Unçool/advanced

Thanks for the swift reply! Comparing our characters side-by-side it appears that you favour Versatility over Crit, which seems to give you an impressive AP of 222 over my 146.
Would you suggest dropping my Foreman's Gloves for Gloves of the Fang? While Foreman's Gloves do give +5 haste, I drop a point of agility. In your opinion, is it worth the tradeoff?

In general, it seems that a lot of my stats are higher than yours (This honestly isn't a criticism, I'm just trying to better my understanding). Is the +60 or so AP worth such a big stat tradeoff?

Thanks

That isn't my rogue, Foreman's Gloves are 6 agi 6 haste while fang are 7 agi 5 stamina, those are debateable but I prefer 1 agi 5 stam over 6 haste.

Crit is in a very very bad place atm, its not worth getting crit anymore tbh. You are much better off with versitality

As a rogue, most stats dont really matter too much like stamina. Go all out attack power, thats currently what the game seems to favor since once you are out of stealth you are a dead man anyways. Rogues dont have any slows, stuns, or speed boosts at 19, so as a rogue your objective is to try to put out as much damage as possible in the limited amount of time you are on your target.

The general saying is that 1 agi > 4 crit as rogue. This is beacuse of the nerf to crit in WoD (down from 2x dmg to 1,5x dmg) and because combat rogues, which is consideree the best spec for rogues, gain extra agility from a passive. With that in mind, and due to scaling, defias belt and gloom is BiS :)

Your rogue looks ok:
change loom neck to PvP neck for max agi
change to crit BoA shoulders
chest to gloom
bracers to forest leather bracers
gloves to Gloves of the Fang
belt to Defias
and change Elo's band to 2nd argas ring.

You can look at this rogue for enchanting advice and gearing, but bear in mind that those bracers only are available if you have started out as goblin, Forest Leather Bracers would be the best substitution: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/stormrage/Unçool/advanced

Sorry to keep commenting, just trying to learn.
Those bracers have an equal amount of Agi to the Black Wolf Bracers, is there a reason they're better?

Sorry to keep commenting, just trying to learn.
Those bracers have an equal amount of Agi to the Black Wolf Bracers, is there a reason they're better?
When you enter an arena og BG your items scale up to ilvl 24 which results in some stat changes. Those bracers provide more agi in PvP.

And versatility don't increase your agility, it just gives a flat out dmg increase + dmg reduction

Users who are viewing this thread