19 shaman twink

Regulate said:
Minor speed is a must, by all means get the other chants on other boots, but 99% of the time u should run with speed.

As for race, tauren 10000000%, the shear > stomp > shear is godly.

I approve this. Ahh geez want some gametime already. :(

lindenkron said:
Regulate you nib, still trolling about on TR?

from time to time ye, enjoying being able to make geared chars without working for it :) but having to beast out some ungodly essay as my dissertation - its hell and every word i write causes me to die a little inside

Minor speed...too many shamans and hunters don't understand all it does.

Helps you get away from spamstring..

Letz u be on par w/ the speed of everyone else when they evade your earthbind/dodge a wingclip (and every other situation like that.

Helps you kite better

blah blah blah

MINOR SPEED

Reflexes said:
Minor speed...too many shamans and hunters don't understand all it does.

Helps you get away from spamstring..

Letz u be on par w/ the speed of everyone else when they evade your earthbind/dodge a wingclip (and every other situation like that.

Helps you kite better

blah blah blah

MINOR SPEED

I agree. MINOR SPEED FTW!

Ardent said:

Pretty much what I've been saying since the class previews. With Agility being switched to 2 AP for Agi DPS classes, the addition of Primal Strike, and all the tools they already have access to, not to mention being the only Agility class that can run around with a 2H using an instant attack, it'll be the OP DPS Class of Cataclysm unless they have Primal Strike do a laughable amount of weapon damage.

Supadrood said:
11 hit cap is for melee i thought we were discussing shaman, is landing every auto attack more important then running 8% faster?

@riv where did u see me say dont get hitcapped?

If you would be so kind as to follow the link in my sig i would be most obliged. 11 rating is the cap for your spells vs Tauren, Night Elves and Blood Elves due to their racial. 7 hit is the spell cap for other races.

Plus what Lawlpurge said, mp5 and sp is win, however mp5, not mana regen. spirit is pretty crap.

Conrose said:
Pretty much what I've been saying since the class previews. With Agility being switched to 2 AP for Agi DPS classes, the addition of Primal Strike, and all the tools they already have access to, not to mention being the only Agility class that can run around with a 2H using an instant attack, it'll be the OP DPS Class of Cataclysm unless they have Primal Strike do a laughable amount of weapon damage.

I doubt gearing will change that much, you still need mana or you will just be running around autoattacking after 20 sec of fighting. You will also need spell power cause shocks and FT weapon will still need to hit hard and you dont get SP from AP as a shaman till the late 40s I believe. The only thing I see changing is the weapon choice, 2h with 25 agi instead of 1h with 30 SP and shield with vitality. Other than that I think BiS will be the same.

Rivfader said:
I doubt gearing will change that much, you still need mana or you will just be running around autoattacking after 20 sec of fighting. You will also need spell power cause shocks and FT weapon will still need to hit hard and you dont get SP from AP as a shaman till the late 40s I believe. The only thing I see changing is the weapon choice, 2h with 25 agi instead of 1h with 30 SP and shield with vitality. Other than that I think BiS will be the same.

We'd have to see how melee crit + 2AP from agility on a 3.8 2H + 3.3 Normalization on a weapon strike will compare against spell crit + SP from Int plays out.

And I've found success with <1k Mana as a Hunter by consuming mana potions quite religiously while making hefty use of all Hunter abilities... and I'll tell you right now... "auto-attack only" status occurs at 30 seconds of continuous combat, not 20.

That being said, Shaman may actually end up grabbing 2x BARs, one with the int enchant and the other with the Agi Enchant and use a weapon swap macro when appropriate, like Hunters currently do with the BoA staff.

Or BoA Staff + Int Chant to start fights, then into BAR + Agi once that extra mana is spent.

Agreed, it's all speculation right now but I see it playing out the same way shamans do at 39. Granted, at 39 shammys get AP from int which makes it a more desirable stat than it is at 19. Probably the biggest deciding factor will be the way they change current itemization to account for stat changes.

Rivfader said:
Agreed, it's all speculation right now but I see it playing out the same way shamans do at 39. Granted, at 39 shammys get AP from int which makes it a more desirable stat than it is at 19. Probably the biggest deciding factor will be the way they change current itemization to account for stat changes.

Another huge factor will also be what % will Primal Strike hit for. Will it simply be Stormstrike without the extra buff and/or only just use mainhand attack... or will it be more in line with say Crusader Strike that hits for less than weapon damage.

Safe to say that it'll be an 8 second cooldown so mana consumption from it shouldn't be too demanding. Can't wait til more info comes out, but Agi-Based DPS have very strong itemization as it is. Blizz may make all current gear obsolete if they'd like, but I see it more likely that they'll bring up Caster Gear and Str Gear more in line with what Agi Leather is already at, while removing alot of odd stats from it all, like Str and Int found on some leather pieces.

Something I'm really hoping for is maybe... a little more variety in graphics on viable gear, lol.

Well given that agi will still provide the same amount of crit I find it hard to believe that agility pieces (think tunic of westfall) will keep their current amount of agi. I think it more likely that with agi and int becoming "super stats" you will see their values toned down to balance out the gear, otherwise I think rogues, hunters, and shammies would be ridiculously OP and if they changed the way that AP affects DPS then str based classes would see a severe nerf. The only way that I can see it working and being balanced is if they lower the amount of agi you would expect to find on gear to be more in line with the increased benefit classes will see from it.

tl;dr I woudn't bet on agi based classes suddenly having OP amounts of attack power

Rivfader said:
Well given that agi will still provide the same amount of crit I find it hard to believe that agility pieces (think tunic of westfall) will keep their current amount of agi. I think it more likely that with agi and int becoming "super stats" you will see their values toned down to balance out the gear, otherwise I think rogues, hunters, and shammies would be ridiculously OP and if they changed the way that AP affects DPS then str based classes would see a severe nerf. The only way that I can see it working and being balanced is if they lower the amount of agi you would expect to find on gear to be more in line with the increased benefit classes will see from it.

tl;dr I woudn't bet on agi based classes suddenly having OP amounts of attack power

They don't often intentionally rebalance lower brackets. I think Agi on current gear would remain the same, but crit (And likely dodge) gains from Agi will be nerfed to rebalance AP gear that has to get changed to Agility since they'd be gaining ridiculous amounts of Crit and dodge from level 60+ gear otherwise. Int's crit per point may also see a nerf.

Conrose said:
They don't often intentionally rebalance lower brackets. I think Agi on current gear would remain the same, but crit (And likely dodge) gains from Agi will be nerfed to rebalance AP gear that has to get changed to Agility since they'd be gaining ridiculous amounts of Crit and dodge from level 60+ gear otherwise. Int's crit per point may also see a nerf.

They've commited themselves to revamping the entire pre 60 leveling experience so I would be surprised if they didnt balance the new agility gear against mail and cloth gear as well. They dont want everyone to level rogues because they deal more damage and thus level faster than warriors for instance

Kore nametooshort said:
They've commited themselves to revamping the entire pre 60 leveling experience so I would be surprised if they didnt balance the new agility gear against mail and cloth gear as well. They dont want everyone to level rogues because they deal more damage and thus level faster than warriors for instance

So would Pally leveling will get nerfed too? Really, it's about the easiest that leveling can get but not everyone levels one unless it becomes the FotM at end game raiding or PvP. I don't think that "Leveling becomes laughably easy on Class X that it stops players from playing any of the other classes" will be a problem.

And really, the Int -> Spellpower change really fixes a number of problems with caster leveling. The addition of Crusader Strike and Primalstrike streamlines Paladin and EnSham leveling since with those two, it wasn't so much the gear that was a problem to level up, it was the lack of abilities to support the gear. The Warriors are getting a revamped Heroic Strike that could work out better for leveling than it does at present.

EDIT: Talent Calculators are up on MMO from data mining the Beta apparently.

Focused Strikes, a Tier 1 Talent for Enhancement is apparently buffing Primal and Stormstrike damage by 40% for 5 talent points.

Users who are viewing this thread