19 Rouge AMBUSH Specific Spec/Wep Enchants/Macros

CodeMan

Veteran
Hello Twink Friends!

I have a few questions below that I would like to hear your opinions on regarding 19 rogue twink ambush specialization. I understand that this may not be "overall" best spec regarding 19 bracket because of poor stealth etc. However, occasionally i would like to respec to maximize the largest possible ambush crits in BG's (for fun ofc). That being said see below for 3 main questions:

1.) Spec: 5/5 Malice 5/5 Opportunity?

2.) Weapon Switching Macros: Does anyone know of a macro for switching to Shadowfang MH after opening with ambush opener?

2.) Assassins Blade wep enchant: With 15 agi not yet being available, and only using assassins blade for ambush opener which enchant would be best in your opinions?

Thanks for the feedback and look forward to seeing you all in WSG :)

Last edited:
Hello Twink Friends!

I have a few questions below that I would like to hear your opinions on regarding 19 rogue twink ambush specialization. I understand that this may not be "overall" best spec regarding 19 bracket because of poor stealth etc. However, occasionally i would like to respec to maximize the largest possible ambush crits in BG's (for fun ofc). That being said see below for 3 main questions:

1.) Spec: 5/5 Malice 5/5 Opportunity?

2.) Weapon Switching Macros: Does anyone know of a macro for switching to Shadowfang MH after opening with ambush opener?

2.) Assassins Blade wep enchant: With 15 agi not yet being available, and only using assassins blade for ambush opener would enchant would be best in your opinions?

Thanks for the feedback and look forward to seeing you all in WSG :)

+5 weapon damage on AB, 15 agil on offhand when released!

and the bagslot macro worldoftears said ^^^

and pretty sure you’ll be able to do something like /equip assassins blade offhand along with the shadowfang (don’t quote me i’m no good with macros)

I think you're right about the spec option, there's not alot of tools available to make an Ambush spec work. Your other option is to take Gouge, SS and Malice like any other rogue and just go for Ambushes now and then with that dagger equipped. That would be the most realistic use case imo.

Gear wise you would want to stick with agility everywhere, skip 'of power' items because they aren't going to get your crit up and without Imp Ambush you'll be needing every bit you can get.

Hey codeman, yep Im doing a max agility ambush build as well. Its a lot of fun getting those huge ambush crits, especially when you got the berserker buff. Can 1 or 2 shot clothies. Ive experimented with all the gear sets back in the day for ambush rogues. I prefer just going max agility. You can get the highest crits with +5 weapon dmg on AB, but of course you sacrifice all the other benefits of the 15 agility. As for spec I agree with opportunity and malice. As for macros, It's been too many years since I've used em so I forgot how.

Users who are viewing this thread