19 Rogue Complete Guide - 3.2.2

Complete 19 Rogue Guide - 3.2.2

Complete 19 Rogue Guide

Patch 3.3

Rogues are the class that most beginners go to. Because of advantageous abilities like Stealth, Dual Wield, and Sprint, Rogues are notably dominant in the 19 bracket. Overall they are a fun class to play and if you're just getting into twinking, try a rogue! :D

Table of Contents

1) Races

2) Spec/Glyph Selections

3) Gear

4) Professions

5) Credits

1) Races

Alliance

0-3-4.gif
Dwarf

Stoneform

Removes all poison, disease and bleed effects and increases your armor by 10% for 8 sec.

Frost Resistance

Reduces the chance you will be hit by Frost spells by 2%.

1-7-4.gif
Gnome

Arcane Resistance

Reduces the chance you will be hit by Arcane spells by 2%.

Expansive Mind

Intellect increased by 5%.

Escape Artist

Escape the effects of any immobilization or movement speed reduction effect.

Engineering Specialization

Engineering skill increased by 15.

0-1-4.gif
Human

Every Man for Himself

Removes all movement impairing effects and all effects which cause loss of control of your character. This effect shares a cooldown with other similar effects.

The Human Spirit

Spirit increased by 3%.

Perception

Increases your Stealth detection.

0-4-4.gif
Night Elf

Shadowmeld

Activate to slip into the shadows, reducing the chance for enemies to detect your presence. Lasts until cancelled or upon moving. Any threat is restored versus enemies still in combat upon cancellation of this effect.

Quickness

Reduces the chance that melee and ranged attackers will hit you by 2%.

Nature Resistance

Reduces the chance you will be hit by Nature spells by 2%.

Horde

1-10-4.gif
Blood Elf

Arcane Torrent

Silence all enemies within 8 yards for 2 sec and restores 15 Energy.

Magic Resistance

Reduces the chance you will be hit by spells by 2%.

0-2-4.gif
Orc

Axe Specialization

Expertise with Fist Weapons, Axes and Two-Handed Axes increased by 5.

Blood Fury

Increases attack power by 6. Lasts 15 sec.

Command

Damage dealt by Death Knight, Hunter and Warlock pets increased by 5%.

Hardiness

Duration of Stun effects reduced by an additional 15%.

1-8-4.gif
Troll

Berserking

Increases your attack speed by 10% to 30%. At full health the speed increase is 10% with a greater effect up to 30% if you are badly hurt when you activate Berserking. Lasts 10 sec.

Da Voodoo Shuffle

Reduces the duration of all movement impairing effects by 15%. Trolls be flippin' out mon!

Regeneration

Health regeneration rate increased by 10%. 10% of total Health regeneration may continue during combat.

0-5-4.gif
Undead

Will of the Forsaken

Removes any Charm, Fear and Sleep effect.

Cannibalize

When activated, regenerates 7% of total health every 2 sec for 10 sec. Only works on Humanoid or Undead corpses within 5 yds. Any movement, action, or damage taken while Cannibalizing will cancel the effect.

Shadow Resistance

Reduces the chance you will be hit by Shadow spells by 2%.

Conclusion:

Troll/Night Elf is the best race for Arenas.

Undead/Human is the best race for WSG.

Note that the above is not fact, and is just my personal opinion.

2) Spec/Glyph Selections

Talent Specialization

As a 19 rogue, you will have a vast choice of specs. It all depends on whether you play more Warsong Gulch or Arenas, and just your personal playstyle.

3/7/0

Max Damage Build

0/2/8

Standard WSG Build

0/0/10

Sap Spam Build

0/10/0

Dual Shadowfang Build

7/1/2

1v1 Build

Glyph Selections

There are five glyphs that most rogues use. It all again depends on the spec and playstyle that you like, but here they are: Glyph of Sinister Strike, Glyph of Eviscerate, Glyph of Sprint, Glyph of Ambush, and Glyph of Garrote.

3) Gear

A 19 Rogue's gear is relatively easy to obtain unless you're looking at a [item]Shadowfang[/item]. Here are some different selections of gear for a Rogue.

Helm:

[ITEM]Lucky Fishing Hat[/ITEM]

[ITEM]Green Tinted Goggles[/ITEM]

Neck:

[ITEM]Scout's Medallion[/ITEM] / [ITEM]Sentinel's Medallion[/ITEM]

Shoulder:

[ITEM]Stained Shadowcraft Spaulders[/ITEM]

[ITEM]Exceptional Stormshroud Shoulders[/ITEM]

[ITEM]Serpent's Shoulders[/ITEM]

Back:

[ITEM]Tumultuous Cloak[/Item] (of the Bandit, or of the Monkey)

[ITEM]Sentry Cloak[/ITEM]

[ITEM]Glowing Lizardscale Cloak[/ITEM]

Enchant: 3 Agility, Increased Stealth, or 12 Dodge Rating.

Chest:

[ITEM]Stained Shadowcraft Tunic[/ITEM]

[ITEM]Tunic of Westfall[/ITEM] (Alliance Only)

[ITEM]Blackened Defias Armor[/ITEM]

Enchant - 4 Stats or 100 HP

Wrist:

[ITEM]Wrangler's Wristbands[/ITEM] (of the Monkey 3/3)

[ITEM]Forest Leather Bracers[/ITEM]

Enchant - 9 Stamina

Hands:

[ITEM]Gloves of the Fang[/ITEM]

Enchant - 15 Agility

Waist:

[ITEM]Vigorous Belt[/ITEM] (of the Monkey, of the Wild, or of the Bandit)

[ITEM]Deviate Scale Belt[/ITEM]

Legs:

[ITEM]Leggings of the Fang[/ITEM]

Enchant - 16 Armor

Feet:

[ITEM]Footpads of the Fang[/ITEM]

[ITEM]Feet of the Lynx[/ITEM]

Enchant - Minor Speed

Rings:

[ITEM]Seal of Sylvanas[/ITEM] (Horde Only) / [ITEM]Seal of Wrynn[/ITEM] (Alliance Only)

[ITEM]Legionnaire's Band[/ITEM] (Horde Only) / [ITEM]Protector's Band[/ITEM] (Alliance Only)

Trinkets:

[ITEM]Inherited Insignia of the Horde[/ITEM] / [ITEM]Inherited Insignia of the Alliance[/ITEM]

[ITEM]Insignia of the Horde[/ITEM] / [ITEM]Insignia of the Alliance[/ITEM]

[ITEM]Arena Grand Master[/ITEM]

Weapons:

[ITEM]Shadowfang[/ITEM] (Get two of these if possible.)

[ITEM]Battleworn Thrash Blade[/ITEM]

[ITEM]Assassin's Blade[/ITEM]

[ITEM]Wingblade[/ITEM] (Horde Only)

[ITEM]Cruel Barb[/ITEM]

*[ITEM]Scout's Blade[/ITEM]

*[ITEM]Balanced Heartseeker[/ITEM]

**Enchant - +15 Agi/Fiery/Lifestealing/Unholy.

Ranged:

[ITEM]Charmed Ancient Bone Bow[/ITEM]

[ITEM]Upgraded Dwarven Hand Cannon[/ITEM]

[ITEM]Throat Piercers[/ITEM]

[ITEM]Venomstrike[/ITEM]

Enchant (not for Throat Piercers): +2 scope

*A good rogue has a large quantity of weapons for every scenario. I recommend you have two weapons on the list, and one dagger for Ambush. Remember that Ambush goes off of weapon damage, so get a dagger with high weapon damage, not high DPS. Also, for Garrotes you want to use [ITEM]Cruel Barb[/ITEM]x2 enchanted with +15 Agi. on each for max damage, since Garrote scales on AP.

** In my personal opinion no matter what weapons you have I recommend you go with double fiery (unless you get [ITEM]Cruel Barb[/ITEM] & [ITEM]Shadowfang[/ITEM], then you would enchant the SF with Fiery and CB with +15 Agi.). It is arguable whether or not it is the best combination, but it is again personal preference.

4) Professions

Gathering Professions

Until you get your [ITEM]Lucky Fishing Hat[/ITEM], you need to have 150 Engineering. After you get your hat, get Mining and Skinning max level. Until you get your fishing hat you can pick either Mining for Toughness or Skinning for Master of Anatomy to accompany Engineering.

Non-Gathering Professions

Engineering is good for duels and Warsong Gulch because of the bombs.

5) Credits

- Twink Info for the great site :)

- Rip for the template and for inspiring me to make this guide. (Hope you're not mad about me using you're template :d)

- Duckhunt's 19 rogue guide, I used it for reference every so often :p

- All the 19 twinks that keep me twinking :D

P.S.

I will update this guide every patch.

FrostShockIsOP said:
I know you literally just posted this, and proobably aren't done, but... wut? Thanks for posting this though, going to come in handy!

Yeah, forgot about that change thanks lol :D

arena set without 3xfang and thrown.

max dmg set not even hitcapped.

15agi MH and LS OH.

FC with shadowfang and thrash, no stam gear but thick bronze neck.

enchant with dodgerating is...no words, get imp stealth instead.

expertise gear not even mentioned.

lets have a second look at:

**Enchant - Main Hand: +15 Agi, Off Hand: Lifestealing.

venomstrike.

(maybe i missed a lot...)

if you are in a town first time and someone asks you for directions, will you tell him that you dont have any clue or will you misslead him?

sry.

Bansil said:
arena set without 2xfang and thrown.

the arena set has a ranged weapon, and i fixed it to have dual SF. thanks.

Bansil said:
max dmg set not even hitcapped.

what is the hitcap at level 19? i thought it was somewhere from 4-6% for PvP in general. with the max damage gear i have 10 hit which is 5.9% at level 19.

Bansil said:
FC with shadowfang and thrash, no stam gear but thick bronze neck.

explain to me then, how the FC set has 300+ more HP then the other sets.

Bansil said:
(maybe i missed a lot...)

i think you did.

Bansil said:
if you are in a town first time and someone asks you for directions, will you tell him that you dont have any clue or will you misslead him?

depends.

if someone is new to your football team, does that mean he doesnt know anything about football?

if you quote, then do it right. it is 3xfang...it is an armor set.

hitcap is 5% for melee and you need 11rating to cap.

if someone is new to your football team, does that mean he doesnt know anything about football?

nope, but i dont think he should promote himself to be the coach.

Bansil said:

forgot about the wc set, sorry brah kinda late amirite

Bansil said:
hitcap is 5% for melee and you need 11 rating to cap.

10 is 5.9% so

edit: 3xfang bonus is arguable anyway, its all personal preference. but in the gear section there is 3xfang for people who want to use it.

cellulite said:
...10 is 5.9% so...

oh shit, all my life i thought 10 rating is just ~4,7% and it needs one more point to get 5%. dmn it, thx for opening my eyes!

closed my eyes again. the pink elephants confused me.

----------

sry for fooling around, but you really should mark your guide as draft and gather some more information first.

maybe ask some more experienced 19 rogues to share their opinions. rogues @ 19 are very popular, so there is a need for an up to date guide...if you would like to be the one providing it to the community, go ahead.

Lifesteal in offhand and 15 agi in main...

...and one tag for the guide is complete.

Somethings not right here...

Bansil said:
oh shit, all my life i thought 10 rating is just ~4,7% and it needs one more point to get 5%. dmn it, thx for opening my eyes!

i havent twinked since 3.0 before the nerf and i was relying on chardev. only now my rogue hit 19 and you're right, i'll get more info and update the guide because some sites i was getting info from (chardev) may be wrong.

you are still wrong on your chardevs + many other things.

enchants for example. a rogue lookin for max dmg/dps/burst should allways go with dual fiery.

LS/fiery for a more defensive setup and LS/agi in melee duells. in no way a rogue will ever use the proc chant in OH with a statchant in MH. dual 15agi is almost only used in RvR and imo LS/agi is still superior here, but thats just me.

your arena setup is using dual SF/agi. thats a HUGE waste of dps. if you are in arena with a healer you will use dual fiery, if not maybe one LS. you will use a thrown weapon, not only a ranged weapon. its cast time is much shorter and you need it to interrupt bandaging/cheetah and keep your target in fight. you are not maxing out agi/stam, which is a waste of vital stats. you are not using 3xfang set which is not only BiS, it also grants 4extra stats (exp).

your FC setup still uses nonstat weapons and a few improper gear choices. you can easily get 120HP more while not gimping your dmg potential too far. btw, no one cares about the dmg a FC deals + a rogue should not FC.

your maxdmg setup is an almost balanced setup with improper gear choices. if you are really goin for max dmg, do it the risky way and gimp stam for it + cap da god dmn hit, even if you do it via hitpot...the max AP/crit setup is not viable in arena anyway.

maybe you want to add an AP set.

maybe you want to add dual CB/agi for garrote and the +wepdmg for daggers (with a CB/agi OH).

long way to go to reach the "complete" and still some steps to provide at least proper information.

[ITEM]Assassin's Blade[/ITEM] w/ 5 wep dmg and [ITEM]Cruel Barb[/ITEM] w/ 15 agi will get you the most out of garrote/ambush. ([ITEM]Tail Spike[/ITEM] would be next best option).

dual [ITEM]Shadowfang[/ITEM]is debatable but in my in my personal experience, [ITEM]Shadowfang[/ITEM]/[ITEM]Cruel Barb[/ITEM] better.

Bansil said:

closed my eyes again. the pink elephants confused me.

----------

sry for fooling around, but you really should mark your guide as draft and gather some more information first.

maybe ask some more experienced 19 rogues to share their opinions. rogues @ 19 are very popular, so there is a need for an up to date guide...if you would like to be the one providing it to the community, go ahead.

Dont mess with Bansil. He knows his hit rating.

Bansil said:

hitcap is 5% for melee and you need 11rating to cap.

nope, but i dont think he should promote himself to be the coach.

Don't troll threads if they are fail.

uhm.. if anyone has any rogue questions at 19, PM me and ill try to help, if you need anything farther than what this guide says.

my 2 cents: duel shadowfang x2 fiery = best combo.

Users who are viewing this thread