19 Priest help!

Hey guys, i've been using TwinkInfo for a while now and just decided to make an account :D

Well what I was wondering is what BOA gear should I mix with regular gear. As you can see my title says it all, I'm making a twink priest. I was wondering if anyone could help me make the perfect twink priest. Theres no limit to what I can spend or do. I would greatly appreciate it!

I was looking through twink guilds and I saw this priest. He doesn't have any BOAs, but I would want to know how he looks and what I could learn from his gear. As in what to keep and what to replace with BOAs ( and enchants ).

I thank you a ton for reading this post! I hope you can help meh out!

Exquisite Sunderseer Mantle used in Stamina gear or have no other option.

Tattered Dreadmist Mantle BiS that is if you are planning to heal. (lol)

Tattered Dreadmist Robe optional(for horde) but for alliance it is BiS(it is BiS if you are want to be balanced) +4 stats

Inherited Insignia of the Horde BiS trinket if you aren't human.

Discerning Eye of the Beast is good if you do not have Agm yet.

Devout Aurastone Hammer BiS w/ +22 intellect and OH Furbolg Medicine Pouch

Dignified Headmaster's Charge is also good if you don't want mace and to lazy to farm rep w/ Timbermaw. i'd get +22 intellect on the staff (it is also usable on hunters)

I apreciate the gear help! :D And yeah Im wanting to heal it what i do :p haha So if anything other than what you posted whats best for healing.?

I would recommend getting 3 staffs (or weapon sets), Intellect untill you've used 330 mana from the +22 enchant then go to Spellpower (+30 or +29 enchant) and finally a Spirit one (+20 spirit enchant) for your regen out of casting.

Alright so like 3 of the BOA staffs, or are there any staffs other than the BOA that would work for each specified staff?

- http://www.wowhead.com/item=3415 is a nice one to get +20 spirit on, of you are alliance or can faction change get Staff of Westfall - Item - World of Warcraft which has 1 mana regen more out of casting still.

- http://www.wowhead.com/item=2271 is what I use most for my SP staf (+30 sp on it) because you can use Minor Wizard Oil - Item - World of Warcraft on it (+8 SP) making it the highest SP combo for a wsg weapon (can't use oil in arena making BoA ones better for SP here or a 1H combo). There can be other reasons to choose a Boa weapon like the mp5, crit or hit on them. <edit> Intentalo (post below) is right,Boa mace + mystic Tomw is higher SP even.

- http://www.wowhead.com/item=890 is good for the +22 Intellect enchant.

There is a lot more to say about weapon switching to get mana back, sometimes I'll use 5 staffs going from highest manaregan to slightly less but more intellect etc untill back to full SP staf amount of mana (if this does not make sense ignore it, 1st 3 points are main thing). Allso now spirit is not as usefull as it was for casters (was nerfed about 60% some time ago) running with 3 weap combo's does not seem to be in a lot of a disadvantage to a player that finetunes this bit more (meaning using more regen weaps).

- Staff of the Blessed Seer - Item - World of Warcraft is what I use most for my SP staf (+30 sp on it) because you can use Minor Wizard Oil - Item - World of Warcraft on it (+8 SP) making it the highest SP combo for a wsg weapon (can't use oil in arena making BoA ones better for SP here or a 1H combo).

Wrong. The Blessed Hammer of Grace - Item - World of Warcraft at lvl 19 = 3sta 3res 1mp5 15sp, + Mystic Tome - Item - World of Warcraft . Total = 3sta 3res 1mp5 23sp. Blessed Seer + Oil = 2sta 3spi 21sp and only usable in BG, so WG BoA 1h mace + Mystic Tome is clearly the best sp set weapons.

A common question would be why WG BoA 1h mace is better than Devout Aurastone Hammer - Item - World of Warcraft . An answer would require to compare stats, obviously:

WG BoA 1h mace = 3sta 3res 1mp5 15sp

Emblem's BoA 1h mace = 3sta 4int 15sp

As we should have an int weapon before switching to sp weapon, we can't switch exactly when we have used the extra mana from our int weapon because we usually have something else to do (maybe dispell a fear, sheep, etc.) or maybe because we don't want to lose an only point of mana switching prematurely, so those 4int from Emblem's BoA 1h mace usually are useless. Obviously, after discarding those 4int, 3res 1mp5 > nothing. That's why WG BoA 1h mace is better than Emblem's BoA 1h mace. (Anyway, 1mp5 in your most used weapon is always a good option).

Intentalo said:
Wrong. The Blessed Hammer of Grace - Item - World of Warcraft at lvl 19 = 3sta 3res 1mp5 15sp, + Mystic Tome - Item - World of Warcraft . Total = 3sta 3res 1mp5 23sp. Blessed Seer + Oil = 2sta 3spi 21sp and only usable in BG, so WG BoA 1h mace + Mystic Tome is clearly the best sp set weapons.

A common question would be why WG BoA 1h mace is better than Devout Aurastone Hammer - Item - World of Warcraft . An answer would require to compare stats, obviously:

WG BoA 1h mace = 3sta 3res 1mp5 15sp

Emblem's BoA 1h mace = 3sta 4int 15sp

As we should have an int weapon before switching to sp weapon, we can't switch exactly when we have used the extra mana from our int weapon because we usually have something else to do (maybe dispell a fear, sheep, etc.) or maybe because we don't want to lose an only point of mana switching prematurely, so those 4int from Emblem's BoA 1h mace usually are useless. Obviously, after discarding those 4int, 3res 1mp5 > nothing. That's why WG BoA 1h mace is better than Emblem's BoA 1h mace. (Anyway, 1mp5 in your most used weapon is always a good option).

emblem boa mace still gives 1 mp5 it's just hidden (bugged) for some reason

Grabco said:

This is only the case if you combine it with other BoAs that have MP5 on it. Shaman/Paladin chest + shoulders have half a hidden MP5 as well, combined with mace it gives an extra mp5. This is not the case for priests.

Grabco said:

Not for priests

I also have questions about which satchel pieces of gear I should get, if I should get any. Along with non BOA items. ( not weapons you guys have help with that ALOT ) Thanks for answering all my questions guys! :D

Ninethousand said:
I also have questions about which satchel pieces of gear I should get, if I should get any. Along with non BOA items. ( not weapons you guys have help with that ALOT ) Thanks for answering all my questions guys! :D

you would want the following

Enumerated Wrap of Sorcerer +5 intellect +5 stamina + Spell power (best belt)

Enumerated Wrap of vision +8 Spell Power +4 Intellect +2 stamina (max spellpower)

Tumultuous Cloak of Sorcerer +4 stamina +4 Intellect +4 spellpower Most Balanced cloak

Tumultuous Cloak of Elder +4 stamina +4 intellect +1 Mp5 (good for Mp5 set)

Alright from the looks of it, all I need from those are the belt.

What regular pieces of gear do i need such as, chest, boots, bracer ect. Im sure I know what most of them are its just I havnt twinked in a while and alot of things had changed I was wondering If you could tell guys could tell me :D thanks ya

Bracers

Crystalline Cuffs +15 spell power

Mindthrust Bracers good for max intellect. +9 stamina / +7 intellect

Chest

Inferno Robe BiS for horde can get +6 stats +150 mana / +150 health

Tree Bark Jacket Best for max intellect (this may be BiS for alliance if you do not want to faction switch) Get +4 stats

feet

Spidersilk Boots BiS no questions asked get minor speed

Gloves

Serpent Gloves/Gold-flecked Gloves/Jutebraid Gloves This is more of which one you think looks best

Magefist Gloves good for spirit /stam sets Enchant: +16 spellpower

Pants

Darkweave Breeches Best balanced pants for Priests. Get +24 armor.

Users who are viewing this thread