19 O (Dispel) Priest

My priest is nearing completion. Only missing BoAs and AGM with a tonne of leftover gear in bags.

Would someone please make me a chardev of an ideal Offensive set?

...and, if someone would also make a dueling set for me it would be very much appreciated also.

Just a couple of questions-

Why 10 haste rating to gloves?

Thankyou very much to all.

Also, I think I've stumbled onto something..

[item]Glyph of Shadow Word: Pain[/item], Shadow Word: Pain costs 80 mana at level 19, and this glyph gives 6% of total mana. At 1800 mana, 6% is 108, so spamming this spell onto everyone actually gains mana.

I dont know where you are getting your info, but wowhead says that glyph of shadow word pain restores 1% base mana per tick, which is 6% base over all. Since Shadow word pain costs 22% base mana you woould still be 16% base mana out of pocket.

Also haste on gloves is for dispell spamming.

Stabbedurazz said:
How does haste help dispel spamming? Besides the very slight decrease in gcd

10 haste changes the 1.5 second GCD to about 1.42 seconds. It's noticeable, and 16sp to gloves is of little use on straight O. Spellpower is helpful for the final burn on the FC but not much before that.

Ertai said:
10 haste changes the 1.5 second GCD to about 1.42 seconds. It's noticeable, and 16sp to gloves is of little use on straight O. Spellpower is helpful for the final burn on the FC but not much before that.

This. Its similar to haste being useful for a frostmage.

character planner . grave . chardev seven

That's what I've come up with. Please take into account Tumultuous Cloak of the Elder's stats aren't taken into consideration (4 stam, 4 int, 1 Mp5).

The difference I can see with a CC mage is that they are casting spells with a cast time, and not insta-casts, therefore much more noticeable. I've tried the 10 haste, and cannot notice a big enough difference. For the few times that I do find myself healing or bursting on the FC, it's probably more useful.

Audiofreak said:
character planner . grave . chardev seven

That's what I've come up with. Please take into account Tumultuous Cloak of the Elder's stats aren't taken into consideration (4 stam, 4 int, 1 Mp5).

The difference I can see with a CC mage is that they are casting spells with a cast time, and not insta-casts, therefore much more noticeable. I've tried the 10 haste, and cannot notice a big enough difference. For the few times that I do find myself healing or bursting on the FC, it's probably more useful.

Use Inferno Robe if you're Horde.

Ertai said:
Use Inferno Robe if you're Horde.

Yaya, I was sure this would come up. Spell Power isn't really necessary for an O priest, and I would rather have a different enchant on my Inferno Robe, and use it for a dueling, Holy, or arena set.

Audiofreak said:
Yaya, I was sure this would come up. Spell Power isn't really necessary for an O priest, and I would rather have a different enchant on my Inferno Robe, and use it for a dueling, Holy, or arena set.

You use inferno robe cuz it can take 7mp5, that's reason enough.

Look at the [[item]Haliscan Jacket[/item]] I'm using, it's a level 35+ item therefore it can take the 7 Mp5 enchant. Please look at the links if you're going to comment on them.

Inferno robe with 7mp5 is going to be the best chest/enchant you can get for all those sets.

Ahhh, I remember when I made my first priest..

Edit: conventional wisdom says balance over power or regen, but proffs changed things. Games are longer and mana is more important. Regen wins games, and two equal players dueling balance vs regen, regen will have the edge every time.

Ertai said:
I for one understood what you were saying so I didn't bother responding again.

Yeah, you're all good bro.

...Ok, other than chest- is my set-up 100%?

Users who are viewing this thread