19 Mining and Herbing to 225?

Hi guys,

I am about halfway through my bar at 19 for experience and am at about 150 for both professions and need to get both to 225. I used the Barrens for ore up to this point and WC for Herbs but need help on where to go now with limited experience gain.

Here is my plan: Take a 59 UH DK from a friends account and dual box auto follow him and stop at nodes for both. I put herb/ore on the dk proffessions so i can track.

What I need is to know what areas to go to that will have the least mobs along routes and the least exploration experience.

Thanks to anyone who can help.

gigatech said:
Better idea: use the skinning bug to help get herb to 225.

Then smelt mining up to 225.

Did it on my warrior, worked wonders, ended up costing me only 100G after I sold the bars.

Yeah, what's the 'skinning bug'? I see alot of twinks with Skinning and I'm wondering why. Is the 'skinning bug' or whatever what you get for having a maxed out Skinning (like you get Lifeblood from Herbalism)?

Herb + Engineering. Mining is bad.

Painaid said:
Herb + Engineering. Mining is bad.

Mining is better in arena.

Whether you want bombs (+ disco rays as gnome) over 7 stamina in wsg is debatable. A lot of people still choose the stamina.

I would go skinning/herb as a hunter, your OP as it is, no need for a little HP gain, when a little Crit gain is better and solves your xp gain problem.

Finks said:
I would go skinning/herb as a hunter, your OP as it is, no need for a little HP gain, when a little Crit gain is better and solves your xp gain problem.

Can someone please explain this skinning/herb leveling thing to me? I know its something where you skin a mob then pick an herb but dont actually loot it or something, but still get the skill point? Anyone please help?

Thew123 said:
Can someone please explain this skinning/herb leveling thing to me? I know its something where you skin a mob then pick an herb but dont actually loot it or something, but still get the skill point? Anyone please help?

Basically, you kill 5-10mobs which are skinnable near a mining node or a herb. You then mine/loot herb, drag your "Skinning" from your spellbook, onto your UI, and use that to skin the mobs, then skin every single mob for skinning, but without looting. Then you go back to the node/herb and loot again, and you should still gain levels from it, due to the skinning, resetting the node/herb. You then skin the mobs again, and repeat the method, till your unable to gain any levels.

Noo said:
Basically, you kill 5-10mobs which are skinnable near a mining node or a herb. You then mine/loot herb, drag your "Skinning" from your spellbook, onto your UI, and use that to skin the mobs, then skin every single mob for skinning, but without looting. Then you go back to the node/herb and loot again, and you should still gain levels from it, due to the skinning, resetting the node/herb. You then skin the mobs again, and repeat the method, till your unable to gain any levels.

hmmm, my shaman has like.. 100ish mining, im thinking of dropping it for skinning just so i can do this... bah.

Just to be clear, you don't loot the herb, you just "pick it" without looting it, same as with the skinned mobs. Make sure autoloot is off.

Best thing for you to do is get your skinning up to at least 105, then go to wetlands and you can get your skinning up to 150 there just skinning a circle of 5 mobs. There are gators and raptors in the southern coastal area you can skin at 105. Then go find a life root to the north not too far from the coast and surrounded by gators. You can then draw the gators in near the liferoot and level all the way to 225 on it. Then you can drop skinning and take mining and just buy and smelt ore. You will need to dual box with your high level alt.

Users who are viewing this thread