19 glasscannon lock?

Druiddroid said:
if you're full glass cannon, sometimes people can burst you down while your healer is CC'd ...

Point taken - this merits the whole reason for my ending comment after the gear list. I would not personally take the "Shadow Wraith" and "of Healing" items for ~15-20 more damage. You just lose to much survivability in my opinion.

Manguy said:
Point taken - this merits the whole reason for my ending comment after the gear list. I would not personally take the "Shadow Wraith" and "of Healing" items for ~15-20 more damage. You just lose to much survivability in my opinion.

well i was thinking...if you had 450 mining you could go full spell power and not get stats with a healer too.

here's an overview of health to your gearset you suggested:

~350 base hp

150 health to inferno robe

20 stam on leggings (spellthread) = 200 health

15/8 stam from helm = 150/80 health

other items might give you a bit more stam, i'm going to exclude those though.

without mining, this would give ~800 health, which is easily burstable. however, with 450 mining, you might have around 1300 health, which with a healer is very difficult to take down.

if you do get fishing boots, i would definately take those over +9sp boots though. that's 210 base health with minor speed if you have boar's speed. with other slots you can't compromise nearly that ratio of health to spell power.

most important consumables

[ITEM]Cracked Power Core[/ITEM] &

[ITEM]Chipped Power Core[/ITEM]

You can only have 1 of each in your inventory at a time, but unlimited amount in a /gbank of course.

They both stack on top of each other and are easy to farm.

I have an Orc lock I like to pop both of them as well as the racial which gives me a good amount of spell damage to bring down an FC I know would be difficult.

*if you try farming them, make sure you don't have 1 in your inventory already or they won't drop.

Max Shadow SP

Head: Lucky Fishing Hat w/ Arcanum of Focus = 8 SP

Shoulders: Tattered Dreadmist Mantle = 6 SP @ 19

Or you could get your any white shoulders with SP Naxx on +15SP & +14Critical Strike Rating

Back: Shimmering Cloak of Shadow Wraith = 7 Shadow SP

Chest: Inferno Robe = 19 SP.

If your alliance you could either pick up, Robe of the Moccasin (+7SP or Ritual Shroud of Shadow Wrath (+11Shadow Damage) (Not on Wowhead apparently, lol)

Wrists: Shimmering Bracers of Shadow Wraith w/ Enchant Bracer - Healing Power = 21 Shadow SP (I swear you can get +16SP Bracer Enchant? :S)

Hands: Serpent Gloves w/ Enchant Gloves - Shadow Power = 27 Shadow SP or you could get Pagan Mitts of Healing (+11SP) (Unsure if that's correct though, if it is = +31SP)

Waist: Shimmering Sash of Healing = 7SP

Legs: Shimmering Trousers of Healing w/ Runic Spellthread = 44 SP

Feet: Shimmering Boots of Shadow Wraith = 9Shadow SP

Trinket: Discerning Eye of the Beast = 7 SPx2 = +14sp

Weapon: Staff of the Blessed Seer w/ Enchant Weapon - Spell Power = 43 SP

You could exchange staff of the blessed sear for..

Hook Dagger of Healing +9SP (MH Dagger) & Mystic Tome +8SP (OH Book)

& enchant your MH Dagger w/ +30SP, your have +47SP.

Ranged: Banshee Rod of the Sun = 1 SP

Total Horde Shadow Spell Damage = 223SP if Pagan is +11SP, 219 if isn't

Total Alliance Shadow Spell Damage = 215SP if Pagan is +11SP, 211 if isn't

Everything in bold is what I've added myself in reply to the orignal poster. Correct me if I'm wrong.

This is pretty much the gear I'm going for on my Alliance Gnome Lock atm.

Users who are viewing this thread