19 druid - level it to 20

Kimse

Legend
Hi F2P..

I have this 19 druid:
Pricelèss @ Al'Akir - Community - World of Warcraft

Concidering making it a "F2P" on my P2P account ..
(If that is possible)

The reason why i wanna do this is because i have lots of items that used to be 19 but is now 20.
Tree Bark Jacket, Staff of friar and so on ..

But are those items even good as F2P ??

Is it worth it or should i just reroll ?

Hi F2P..

I have this 19 druid:

(If that is possible)

The reason why i wanna do this is because i have lots of items that used to be 19 but is now 20.

Those items, at least the ones you listed, are not very good as F2P, no.

Trials have access to Heirlooms through long processes of grinding, so a lot of item slots are filled by non-Guild heirlooms.

Gearing as F2P as a P2P will make you very popular in the Trial community. It means you can help pure-F2Ps group (a feature they do not have access to), while still being able to PvP on equal terms with them.

This was brought up somewhere else on the forum regarding leveling twinks to other brackets, but with how easy leveling is and gearing these days I say just keep them and re-roll. That way you wont have any regrets toward your decision.

+1.
I'm liking that you're choosing to make a f2p, if you end up doing so. Definitely something I enjoy seeing :p

The thing is i will never play this twink, its so old and if you look at the HKS it shows that i haven't played it much either..
But if the GF + lvl 20 items i have on it would benefit my journey in F2P I would do level it up in a heartbeat ..

If i wouldn't like F2P, i have this druid as a backup anyways:
Kimsè @ Chamber of Aspects - Community - World of Warcraft

:)

You're leveling a character that has gear that most people don't have in that bracket to join a bracket where the vast majority of that gear is not only useless but gimmicky at best. No idea why you would do that when you can level a druid to 20 and be BiS in a day..

I would agree. You can create an actual F2P account on your main account and then still have access to all your mounts, titles, pets, and (when its tab comes out) your BoAs, and no one will give you shit for not being a real F2P.

You would still be able to use your P2P account to group folks and whatnot, but you would be able to stand on truly even ground with your fellow F2Ps.

There's this also: If in the future you ever decided that WoW wasn't worth your money anymore, you could stop subscribing but still have access to your linked F2P account. If you're going to make a truly F2P-standard character anyway, there are tons of reasons why you should do it on an actual F2P account.

If your only reason for wanting to level up this character is because it has grandfathered items, please be assured that A) the people above who told you that those items are worthless at 20 are absolutely right, and B) having those underpowered items will only serve to alienate you from full F2Ps so their cool factor is actually a negative in this case.

Hope this information helps and hope to see you on the field!

Hi F2P..

I have this 19 druid:

(If that is possible)

For the love of god don't do this. Treebark you can buy for 50g and it's useless. Staff of Friar isn't worth anything anymore because of BoA's. Your belt and robes are too good for lvl 19. People would spend a lot of money just for those two items. Not to mention your shoulders are gf'd. Don't ask f2p's on advice about a p2p account, especially on a 19 twink.

It takes a day to get to lvl 20. Plus if you are playing in the 20-29 bracket just go to lvl 26/28/29 (depending on the class).

For the love of god don't do this. Treebark you can buy for 50g and it's useless. Staff of Friar isn't worth anything anymore because of BoA's. Your belt and robes are too good for lvl 19. People would spend a lot of money just for those two items. Not to mention your shoulders are gf'd. Don't ask f2p's on advice about a p2p account, especially on a 19 twink.

It takes a day to get to lvl 20. Plus if you are playing in the 20-29 bracket just go to lvl 26/28/29 (depending on the class).

Most f2p here gave the same advice that you gave him, except the 26/28/29 part. Most f2p here also have p2p accounts. Why all the assumptions we know nothing about 19s?

OP, don't level. Make a new toon in a linked account like Kinc said. Your 19s have great itens, but the ones you mentioned aren't that good anymore. Keep them at 19. They're really good for the bracket and as relic twinks.

Users who are viewing this thread