19 bracket without Heirlooms

Opacalipto

Is it possible to make a 19 twink and not use heirloom pieces and not be at a massive disadvantage? Coming back to classic for twinking, and I don’t want to level my main to 80 just to add heirloom pieces to my 19 rogue. Is there any class in the 19 bracket that doesn’t even have heirlooms in their BiS??

Is it possible to make a 19 twink and not use heirloom pieces and not be at a massive disadvantage? Coming back to classic for twinking, and I don’t want to level my main to 80 just to add heirloom pieces to my 19 rogue. Is there any class in the 19 bracket that doesn’t even have heirlooms in their BiS??
Absolutely! i have 2 almost BiS twinks without heirlooms, doesnt make much of a difference without looms

For example MM hunter with careful aim gets 300+ attack power easy with leather heirlooms. Without heirlooms its hard to reach 300 even with BiS, and gotta sacrifice some slots for cloth gear

The important thing you get from heirlooms is hit rating. Playing with a 5% chance to miss puts you at a pretty big disadvantage or you may have to sacrifice half your talent points to recover that hit rating

The important thing you get from heirlooms is hit rating. Playing with a 5% chance to miss puts you at a pretty big disadvantage or you may have to sacrifice half your talent points to recover that hit rating
The plan is to go 19 human rogue. I am hoping with the extra hit chance from the human passive of sword expertise it will slightly mitigate it.

at the start of WOTLK 19s were able to do WG by just getting there and were buying the PVP BOA gear which was haste loaded and a few had some resilience, in fed/mar 2009 blizz did a buff that doubled the effects of resilience for players below level 70, but did not seem to affect 19s due to so few pieces. when argent tourney came out it added PVE heirloom vendor, ironicly were better in PVP due to having crit

shoulders were enchantible by mains and mailed to alts, was nerfed on the great twink nerf of WOTLK

into van WOTLK which should be already in classic WOTLK, blizzard buffed caster weapons rather huge, to the point a 19 BOA staff was better that the epic staff of jordan used in the 39 bracket. i think on old twink info someone did a stat comparison of the BOA mace at 19 vs wowhead database it wasn't till i think level 54ish a mace stat wise = BOA, at 29 the near equal stat mace was into the 60s. caster BOAs became BIS even though some caster weapons in 29 and all in 39/49 that were +35 enchant capable

extra hit chance from the human passive of sword expertise
Its not extra hit. Its expertise. which reduces the chance you'll get dodged/parried, which is calculated seperately from whether or not you hit.

You're gonna miss. Way more than you would think a mere 5% chance would indicate.

There's a 50% xp buff coming up next week. Take that chance to level an 80 and get some heirlooms.

Its not extra hit. Its expertise. which reduces the chance you'll get dodged/parried, which is calculated seperately from whether or not you hit.

You're gonna miss. Way more than you would think a mere 5% chance would indicate.

There's a 50% xp buff coming up next week. Take that chance to level an 80 and get some heirlooms.
you misread what he meant, he said he will "hit more" because of the extra expertise meaning being dodged/parried less

you misread what he meant, he said he will "hit more" because of the extra expertise meaning being dodged/parried less
This is exactly what I meant. But it’s okay, sounds like I should just grind to 80 on my main regardless. A lot of people saying it’s worth it.

Users who are viewing this thread