16 pvp power??

i just got it yesterday for my 24 rogue.

it shows 20 spell penatration but is actually 16 pvp power.

6~7% damage boost from 1 cape enchant, crazy.

Can someone confirm whether 16 pvp power is better than 12 agi?

For some very rough numbers to put it in perspective:

My 20 rogue has 254 agil right now with +12 agil on a parachute cloak. With the sub agility bonus that enchant gives you ~15 agility, so without it I'd have ~239 agility.

Assuming damage scales linearly with agility (approximating for easier calculations), that'd be a 6.28% increase for me (254/239=1.0628). However, this is pure damage that doesn't factor in the baseline 40% resilience. Resil will make that a 3.77% increase against players. Additionally, rogue damage is physical and reduced by armor (FW applies after your opening Ambush). Factoring in armor and that your damage depends on your weapon also, we're probably looking at maybe a 2% increase from this enchant.

On the contrary, 16 pvp power is an unmitigated 8.71% damage increase against players for a level 20.

16 PvP Power >> 12 Agil.

I'd like to see any nelf pull off a 4x ambush tbh. I dropped Subterfuge based on the fact that half the time I couldn't even pull of a 2x ambush (might be due to my latency I suppose). Nightstalker works much better for me, and I rofl when I 1 shot druids and priests.

I've swapped the cloak enchant to 16 pvp power, and yes it rocks.

If there is a 7% damage increase is it worth it to get this for a caster? Or is boa cloak better?

If there is a 7% damage increase is it worth it to get this for a caster? Or is boa cloak better?

It's worth getting for the parachute alone. For a defensive playstyle it's clearly not BiS, but for offensively playstyle the 7% is more than you get out of the BoA or cloak of treason. The 7% is even more (albeit just a bit more) than the total contribution from at least cloak of treason, so if you have sufficient defense as is, this cloak is great.

Users who are viewing this thread