10 vs 14 what to play...my opinion

Brego

Legend
I have made both 10 and 14 rogues both factions, I think this will apply to any leather agility class, such as hunters and feral druids.
I unfortunately don't have any GFd gear (grandfathered gear) except for one of my rogues that I luckily never leveled past 10, his XP was locked because I would "half-twink", meaning that I would get good or best gear if easy or cheap to get to level through brackets without being totally BIS.
Anyway, to the point, it seems to me at least, that 10s are only viable with the GFd gear, and/or if you have all heirlooms unlocked.
14s have better gear available to them if you don't have GFd and/or heirlooms.
My non-GFd 10s only heirlooms are the Honor PVP shoulders and weapons, the guild rep helm and cloak, while they are strong, they aren't near as strong as my GFd 10, they are stronger than levelers.
Finally, I am not afraid to admit it could be a skill issue for me, there are plenty of skilled players who can still be very competitive even with minimal gear.

20's.
With the way gear scaling will work out in TWW, the days of uber-OP lowbies are coming to an end.
20's have more dungeon, gear & zone options, will be able to fly & are more complete functionally.

To answer your original question, I would make a 14 rogue. Unless you have the PvP heirloom sword, dagger, shoulders and trinket, then a 10 rogue.

BUT -- I havent been in a match for a week.

I dont see 19s popping either.

I maxxed Herb and Skinning.

To answer your original question, I would make a 14 rogue. Unless you have the PvP heirloom sword, dagger, shoulders and trinket, then a 10 rogue.

BUT -- I havent been in a match for a week.

I dont see 19s popping either.

I maxxed Herb and Skinning.
A 14 rogue will always be inferior to a 10 rogue. The abilities you gain at 14 are not worthwhile losing out on 100% crit/80% dodge you'd have at 10. And no the better gear options at 14 cannot come anywhere close to those percentages.

A 14 rogue will always be inferior to a 10 rogue. The abilities you gain at 14 are not worthwhile losing out on 100% crit/80% dodge you'd have at 10. And no the better gear options at 14 cannot come anywhere close to those percentages.
Second this. Even niche examples with higher stats at 14 leave you with way lower stat weights, less accurate burst windows and marginally less dps even without gf'd gear.

10 and 14 are comparable and 14s absolutely do have a place at the table, but people who tell you 14s are better outright based on stats and damage/healing output just don't have enough experience or research to make that claim.

Last edited:
most rogues ShS then ambush, good rogues saves ShS as a gap closer, 10 rogue vs 14hunter, rogue SHOULD win every time sadly.

most rogues ShS then ambush, good rogues saves ShS as a gap closer, 10 rogue vs 14hunter, rogue SHOULD win every time sadly.
Duhhh xD 14 hunts get disengage so if you open with SS, that's a derp move. Only issue is for Goblin hunters with Rocket Jump afterwards but with the SS speed increase you can usually gap close unless they smart and use it later (but they're dead by then anyways).

Users who are viewing this thread