10.1.5 Speculation Thread

CigNus

Bracket Tourist
Administrator
Big ol fuckin 10.1.5 Patch Notes here

Now, Conzil is suspecting June13th which, by this roadmap, seems likely but "Summer" is vague
1686189195356.png

source

There's been plenty of speculation, around a lot of these changes, specifically Chromie Time
1686189295935.png

The first bullet is HELLA important for the new player experience because.... well no new player knows what the fuck chromie is/does for the game and how it changes it.

The second bullet kind of screams the obvious for me... however I feel like if they were bumping F2P up to 60 then they would have explicitly said that. MAYBE they didn't want to build up too much hype around this or are waiting till closer to the release to actually announce it?

Third bullet is pretty cool but I think this is going to be a gamechanger for F2P accounts, especially if they are going to get Chromie Time. There would probably be no real difference between F2P and Vets after this.

1686189700074.png

1686189777472.png

Some of these changes might also scream "higher level for F2P" only because it will make the new player experience way better but eh, who's to know.

Shame the bfa dungeons dont give items for there rewards ( that I know of) would be another shot at an epic upgrade.
"higher level for F2P"
Lvl 30 f2p is the dream , then I can play the majority of my twinks for free.

I'm hoping our twinks with Dragonriding unlocked will keep this feature and, by some miracle, trick Blizzard's spaghetti code to give us Expert Riding along with it.
if I have it on my main, I should have it on my vets right?

The second bullet kind of screams the obvious for me... however I feel like if they were bumping F2P up to 60 then they would have explicitly said that. MAYBE they didn't want to build up too much hype around this or are waiting till closer to the release to actually announce it?
I'm not 100% sure but I've heard they're bumping Chromie Time one level because there was too big an ilvl diparity and people struggled to do some quests in DF's first zones. Then again I sure as hell would love F2P to reach lvl 60 but that's doubtful, wow is too much of a collection game and there would be loads of people who would stop paying if they can do everything except DF.
Level 30 sounds more resonnable but I don't think Blizz want to give us raids and flying as cool as that would be.

Honestly we prolly shouldn't hype up too much considering we'll prolly get a big ol' bag of nothin'.
Personnaly I'd love for F2P to be able to create guilds, trade and mail but only from an F2P to another. Like, how convenient would that be for us while avoiding scam and advertising issues for the paying customers. Also they could make allied races baseline at some point seeing how they're lifting more and more restrictions. Heh, one man can dream haha.
All in all I'd be happy if they just fixed enchanting.

Edit : If one of the options Cig listed was to happen, Chromie time for F2P is my bet

expectation: ^

Reality: 29 twink idiots start debuffing into xpon battlegrounds given the chromie time lv req change

Last edited:
I really do not want to see F2P 60's.
I think it would be utterly awful for the game's overall health.
For meself; there is a special joy in 20s. & I don't want to see them disappear. I LOVE that we have to ride everywhere, & cannonball or glide out way to specific locations.
I love that we don't have access to every last bit of old content, & that we have to creatively manufacture gear through exploring novel interaction or obscure drops.
It would be a massive shame to lose that simple state of the game removed in favor of a conceptually more tempting max F2P level.

Last edited:
F2P bracket and for some reason it was so much better than I could have hoped for
One of my issues with end game pvp post tbc is that health pools and numbers have gotten vry high. I personally prefer the lower numbers in lower lvl brackets. Its also fun playing classes without the full toolkit, it encourages a change of mind set and experimentation which I also find fun.

Like I use to rbg in mop and seeing 1millhp warlocks running around was just a turn off lol.
for the past 12 years level 20 has been my passion.
I had known about 20s since they came out but I was happy enough making my twinks of various lvls, it wasn't until bfa that I started to really explore f2p, Its a blast just questing running dungeons and collecting various things + I can use my main account without game time for my vets.

Still I would like to see f2p go up to lvl 30 because it would offer more of an insight for actual ppl looking to get an idea of what the game is. It would have flying and raid content afterall. Also make a separate f2p pvp bracket because that would be insanely fun.

you dont want to be 60, and end up go against xp-on SL-60 grouped with a ftp. with 311-378ilvl, vs your 230ish. 30 but cant enter raid? vets get raid gear?

l I would like to see f2p go up to lvl 30 because it would offer more of an insight for actual ppl looking to get an idea of what the game is. It would have flying and raid content afterall. Also make a separate f2p pvp bracket because that would be insanely fun.
Wisely consider that: even if F2P level is boosted, there is NO GARAUNTEE that F2P'ers would be allowed into Raids, or even be able to fly.
BOTH might be locked behind a sub.

There's no limit to what they could remove for F2P'ers, & tbh I find that what they have allowed us to do is pretty fantastic.
Personally, I don't think the F2P level cap is going up. IMO , All that's happening is some needed tweaking to Chromie time.

wow is too much of a collection game and there would be loads of people who would stop paying if they can do everything except DF.

without mail, trading, self-grouping, petbattles, trader post, etcetc, iduno. it's conceivably a good get-em-hooked taste with a clear carrot in front of one's nose to sub. not that i really think they'd bump it to 60. raiding as orc said would still be an open question. in the unlikely scenario it ups that much, i'd still give that 50/50. i highly doubt they'd address master-looting implications of people that can't trade, and other such complications that would come of it.

Like Conzil hinted, it's exciting news for free trials specifically, meaning they're probably finally done fixing Chromie time, which was a whole noodle of mess for the longest time. Unfortunately, most of this bracket is vets, so its not like it really mattered overall

Edit: Looks like they also get access to Nazjatar

Like Conzil hinted, it's exciting news for free trials specifically, meaning they're probably finally done fixing Chromie time, which was a whole noodle of mess for the longest time. Unfortunately, most of this bracket is vets, so its not like it really mattered overall

Edit: Looks like they also get access to Nazjatar
Nazjatar would be the biggest W of them all. Considering some lategame proffession recipes are locked behind it for one faction, but not the other. Like with enchanting and cooking(?)

Being able to send and receive mail, re-scaling enchants, and flying would be awesome. :)
Some way to re-scale enchants as a part of the proffession tab would be amazing. Wishful thinking, but that'd be awesome!

Users who are viewing this thread