WoW Forum post: Low LeveL item Quality Upgrade Issue

Razien

Grandfathered
https://eu.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/8-1-5-low-level-item-quality-upgrade-issue/34821

Hey guys, I just posted this on the EU forums and it would be nice if we could point out this issue to the development team.

I'll probably get a lot of comments such as "Blizzard doesn't care about twinks", but let's not turn this in to a discussion about that.

Just spread the "Quests turning in to daily quests after their first initial completion so that rewards may be farmed" as a solution to our issue and show support by +1ing me and leaving a comment (on the official wow forums).

If someone hasn't done so already then someone should probably open the same thread on US forums as well (remember to not flood the WoW forums and to stick to Blizzard's ToS).

The addition of quests being repeatable would actually make this new change an amazing thing.

https://eu.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/8-1-5-low-level-item-quality-upgrade-issue/34821

Hey guys, I just posted this on the EU forums and it would be nice if we could point out this issue to the development team.

I'll probably get a lot of comments such as "Blizzard doesn't care about twinks", but let's not turn this in to a discussion about that.

Just spread the "Quests turning in to daily quests after their first initial completion so that rewards may be farmed" as a solution to our issue and show support by +1ing me and leaving a comment (on the official wow forums).

If someone hasn't done so already then someone should probably open the same thread on US forums as well (remember to not flood the WoW forums and to stick to Blizzard's ToS).

The addition of quests being repeatable would actually make this new change an amazing thing.

This is downs. RNG is better than having to spam farm the same quest over and over. This add variety to twinking instead of the same cookie cutter build. Just do the best you can do. I dont see your idea going anywhere.

This is downs. RNG is better than having to spam farm the same quest over and over. This add variety to twinking instead of the same cookie cutter build. Just do the best you can do. I dont see your idea going anywhere.

Did you even think this through? The only diversity that this adds is "some people get more gear because they just happen to by luckier than others".

RIP the days when people put real effort in to their Twinks and farmed for their items.

I dont think this is a good idea. Players tend to complain about twinks harassing them as it is - Giving us the opportunity to farm extremely broken gear is an absolute lost cause.

The only people I feel sympathy for are the LoreMaster players that have probability against them.
[doublepost=1552427974,1552427841][/doublepost]
The new standard will be to reroll your toon over and over again, ad nauseum, until you finally get that one piece to proc epic.

But sure, "real effort" and "work" will disappear

Anyone who rerolls again and again isnt very smart either

Yeah GL that post ain't getting you anywhere

I dont think this is a good idea. Players tend to complain about twinks harassing them as it is - Giving us the opportunity to farm extremely broken gear is an absolute lost cause.

Ah yeah because having the option to farm strong gear is far worse than facing twinks who are in full gf'd bis gear steamrolling over most players that they come across, right?

At least if Q-rewards are farmable then they'd stand a chance by farming gear that's about as good or better so that they can actually fight back.

I keep hearing people say that they want competition or more people to get in to twinking but by voting against a way to farm strong gear with some effort it shows that they really don't.

Ah yeah because having the option to farm strong gear is far worse than facing twinks who are in full gf'd bis gear steamrolling over most players that they come across, right?

At least if Q-rewards are farmable then they'd stand a chance by farming gear that's about as good or better so that they can actually fight back.

I keep hearing people say that they want competition or more people to get in to twinking but by voting against a way to farm strong gear with some effort it shows that they really don't.

How many twinks do you see that are full GF'd / BIS? Almost every twink I see cant even afford both of their ring enchants.
I just dont think your solution is practical/beneficial. I mean yeah it'd be cool to farm quest on a daily basis, but I just dont think blizzard wants us to harass levelers even more than we currently do.

How many twinks do you see that are full GF'd / BIS? Almost every twink I see cant even afford both of their ring enchants.

That's because you're on US.

I just dont think your solution is practical/beneficial.

Then come up with a better solution?

I just dont think blizzard wants us to harass levelers even more than we currently do.

Then why did they put us back in the same pvp bracket as non-exp lock twinks? we keep bgs popping.

All i hear is, I can't be BiS anymore time to make a post crying.

I don’t see the same experience on US with people not being able to afford things for their twinks. However- I don’t know if I would say anyone I know is fully “BiS” as the required items for that to be the case are so obscure, only available for a short time, or were changed from completely useless, likely vendored items to the now BiS.

I would challenge you to link me an armory of someone at 19 you claim to be “BiS” and I am sure I can name something that is/was available that is superior.

On this change... look i don’t think this is the greatest thing, but twinking has evolved from clear BiS lists to making your toon the best you can, with what you can get your hands on. I think it shakes up the bracket, and change can be good. It’s not the ideal environment IMO for our community- but I don’t see this change being overturned, and I just don’t think you will see success with your thread. This is just not “gamebreaking” to their eyes. I also do not ever see quests being repeatable.

I would feel a lot better with this change if upon faction changing, your quests reset. Isn’t this the case? I think I remember people doing alliance quests—-> going horde —-> back alliance and being able to repeat quests. No?

In other words "Live with the bad game design and don't try to improve things despite it being a simple change."

The improvement you're asking for is not an improvement for anyone but you. No one cares if you get BiS.

Most will prefer you didn't as it would make the game worse for them. The RNG change is better for everyone not you.

I would feel a lot better with this change if upon faction changing, your quests reset. Isn’t this the case?

They were saying in another thread that it does. Cant confirm, but it's been said today. Blackberry, tho.

The improvement you're asking for is not an improvement for anyone but you. No one cares if you get BiS.
IT doesn't really improve anything for me, most of my twinks are already max bis. Getting a few epics next patch will be like.. a 5% power increase at best? barely.

The RNG change is better for everyone not you.

There are going to be people that dó get super lucky. many will end up having 5 or 6 epics, perhaps more. You can't stop that now that this system is going to be implemented.

Others will get one or two at best because they're simply "unluckier".

How is that "better" for everyone? All it creates is a gap between players. Those who get lucky and those who do not.
[doublepost=1552431923,1552431859][/doublepost]Epic trinkets on my lowbies would be nice, though.
[doublepost=1552432112][/doublepost]
twinking has evolved from clear BiS lists to making your toon the best you can, with what you can get your hands on.
Twinking went from having to grind to get your items (e.g. fishing hat) to just getting lucky. Is this what this game has come to? Luck?

I would feel a lot better with this change if upon faction changing, your quests reset.
Sure, Let's make the game pay to win.

Just dont do that? lol... Maybe, get a life of some sort, idk ? o_O
I play vets dude. Calm down.

And OP, if anything its gotten grindier. Rare/Epic fishing hat, to use your example, is the usual grind but multiplied

The same "grind" exists. If you want to call camping the AH and spending an afternoon in dungeons "grinding". It's just that the quests give you what you're looking for OR it's better than what you expected.

The best geared twinks will be the ones with the best luck, sure. But over time, that luck tends to even out. It'll be fine. Slow down.

Last edited:
IT doesn't really improve anything for me

I mean "you" as in twinks. It doesn't help common billy leveler, at least in any way that blizz is leaning towards.

How is that "better" for everyone?

Because EVERYONE can get better loot than before. Even common billy that will vendor it tomorrow. Especially him.

YOU (we) probably aren't even 0.01% of that. No one cares. Just roll your dice. ;)

edit- you have every "right" to complain, but no one cares. Sorry, buddy.

dont be stupid, you want every single quest ingame to be repeatable? It could ruin the gold economy overnight people just doing high gold reward quests / items to sell. Not to mention the game should act as a progression quest wise, engrossing not repeatable.

Rare/Epic fishing hat

I wonder if that'll be a thing.

If you want to call camping the AH and spending an afternoon in dungeons "grinding".
No, i don't.

But over time, that luck tends to even out. It'll be fine. Slow down.
It won't because those who won't get the epics from the quests will never be able to do the quests again and before you say "just roll a new character", I'm not going to toss the chars with full tf invasion gear and vanilla gf'd bis set in the trash so I can roll a char that'll get 3 random epics.

no one cares. Sorry, buddy.
You cared enough to post. That is such a pointless thing to say to someone.

dont be stupid, you want every single quest ingame to be repeatable? It could ruin the gold economy overnight people just doing high gold reward quests / items to sell.
Ohh yeah man, I forgot! that 1g and 20s is gonna add up like a madman! Nevermind the 2k/4k/6k gold you get from emmissaries for free every week. Don't make me laugh, what a ridiculous argument.

Users who are viewing this thread