EU+US Item Level and Stats

Hashbrowns

Legend
I'm going to be doing some extensive testing and posting my findings here.
Download http://mods.curse.com/addons/wow/dejacharacterstats to see more detailed stats and Item Level in game.
Thanks to @Lil for this info

What we've found for Bracket 20-29
1.) Base Item Lvl is 25. If your item is below 25 your stats will be calculated as if it were 25, so long as you have something in the slot. Blank slots count for nothing.

2.) A bump in stats occurs at 34 and then every 6 item levels after that; 25, 34, 40, 46, etc. Until you reach that threshold you will increase your item level but receive no additional stats. We think you are actually getting stats for each item level but the % is so small that it's unmeasured on your character sheet and only seen when it's enough to bump you to the next one.​

Bug Report
My 20 frost mage has higher stats by using MH/OH regardless of what item level it brings me down too.

Please post if your findings contradict this info or if you see any other weird bugs.

Last edited:
Now I'm in all grays, and not those high level ones. My item lvl is 15. I still have 15.52% crit.

1.) You need to have something in a slot, matters not what lvl. I have a lvl 1 DMF clock, swapped to a 25, it doesn't care. I've swapped trinkets to 60, head to 40, nothing. I've tested actual damage in BG, it's the same.
2.) Your MH weapon is everything. And it needs to be something that's beneficial to your class. I've tried multiple swords with just stamina and daggers, it looses stats. It loves my lvl 10 wand with +1 int though or this wand with +5 crit...

Last edited:
I haven't really messed around with ilvl yet as from what I hear the difference is incredibly minimal- although I 100% agree the difference between having full item slots and having an empty slot or more is huge. Question though, what ilvl do you need to be above to start seeing that difference? What ilvl template does the game bring us to, if I enter a bg with pure whites(something I'm basically having a ton of fun doing with a full tux/high society hat set right now XD)?

And how large is the difference? I feel like a twink's main advantage over a leveler right now is those item slots- almost all fresh levelers, even the ones loomed up, have at least a few empty slots, whereas we twinks of course will be maxed slotwise.

I'm not seeing any difference between MH/OH and Staff on my rdruid.
I had Honeybager swap out his lvl 60 rings and no stats difference however the lvl 80 neck piece swap lost him an int.
He swapped wep to dagger and saw no difference.
Not sure why the weapon choice is so huge on my Mage. It's a solid 7 int ~.60% loss in secondaries...

Last edited:
And how large is the difference? I feel like a twink's main advantage over a leveler right now is those item slots- almost all fresh levelers, even the ones loomed up, have at least a few empty slots, whereas we twinks of course will be maxed slotwise.
there's also a skill gap... It's not much but it's something :/

@Hashbrowns How much testing have you done? I'm tired of all these theories about how this system works so I was going to test it in some long AV lol.

Few things I want to test:
Trinkets/shirts
Min Ilv of 25 (for 20s)
Ilv breakpoints for the next stat increase
Weapon differences
If any empty slots are more of a factor then other empty slots. If so how much does each specific empty slot decrease your Ilv

I'm in q atm trying to get in a bg but it doesn't wanna pop and I'm going to a poke crawl later. If you've already tested any of the above please lemme know so I don't redo it tonight

Edit: AV popped.. Time to sit in the mines hehe

I was in AV last night and did all this. Unfortunately it seems like everything I did was later disproven on my rdruid.

I have no idea why the system prefers MH/OH to staff on my mage. The item level is significantly lower but my stats are higher. I could't replicate that on rdruid...

I'm taking another look now, I have a few more ideas.

So I've edited the addon http://mods.curse.com/addons/wow/dejacharacterstats to show me my item level, unrounded. You can do the same by deleting these 2 lines:
Wu5HZfm.png

This will help us see the slightest changes. I don't know what's going on with Mage, I'm going to count it as a fluke. My biggest issue now is I'm unable to increase my stats by any amount on any character (assuming all slots have something). Maybe I need the higher level grays... I'm going to mess around with sets. A 13 item level jump on Mage gave me nothing; only the staff, MH/OH issue did.

14.5 gives same stats as if I had 28.5625
FHhAKZR.png

For rogue weap speed seems to be the major factor. Only tested assasination and slower mh dagger gave a significant boost in the mutilate damage but no in any stat. For oh it gets a little weird. I used the second slowest dagger available and mutilate lost damage compared to the boa 1.8 speed. So for some reason oh mutilate is effected by ilv much greater than weapon speed, but mh is the opposite where speed matters way over old. I need to do more testing, like white damage differences, but i tested at least 7 daggers all ranging in speed to ilv.

*ALL TESTING DONE ON HUNT*

Not sure if that matters but just throwing that out there

Base HP (all Slots filled regardless of Ilv) 25- 4047
First breakpoint is when you hit 34-4066
Second is when you hit 40-4085
3rd breakpoint is 46- 4104
Assuming the next breakpoint would be 52 but I can't confirm yet.

A full set of Ilv 1 items default to Ilv 25
Shirt/Tabard doesn't go towards your Ilv at all (Rip Ilv 75 tabs). Trinkets 100% do
Each slot that gets removed removes the same stats aka all slots are created equal. EQUALITY! This is also true about adding slots. Until you hit each breakpoint each item (regardless of Ilv) gives the same increase.

I'm making a spreadsheet here with numbers cuz.. well I like numbers

*ALL TESTING DONE ON HUNT*

Not sure if that matters but just throwing that out there

Base HP (all Slots filled regardless of Ilv) 25- 4047
First breakpoint is when you hit 34-4066
Second is when you hit 40-4085
3rd breakpoint is 46- 4104
Assuming the next breakpoint would be 52 but I can't confirm yet.

A full set of Ilv 1 items default to Ilv 25
Shirt/Tabard doesn't go towards your Ilv at all (Rip Ilv 75 tabs). Trinkets 100% do
Each slot that gets removed removes the same stats aka all slots are created equal. EQUALITY! This is also true about adding slots. Until you hit each breakpoint each item (regardless of Ilv) gives the same increase.

I'm making a spreadsheet here with numbers cuz.. well I like numbers
Ok this is good. I think Mage is just buggy, I'm testing the MH/OH vs staff thing on Lock now

Changing gear does not change any stats on my dudu. ilvl not changing anythign out of BG. Enchants also not working out of bg. Not sure if it is intended or just tooltip bug, but stamina enchants are not changing hp for sure.
I'm getting Warsong procs on staff outside BG. Interesting though...

Users who are viewing this thread