I can't believe this dumbass

Ok on the subject of rewarding your children for getting good grades in school I can't believe this dumbass...

IMG_0411.PNG

An ice cream cone for for getting an A in your classes?

Does she have any idea how much dedication and work it takes to get an A on a report card? And you want to reward them with a fucking ice cream cone? I'd hate to have that cunt as a mom lmao.

So your kids can watch you work hard and make money, but the lesson here is actually for them to work hard for no money.

Revolutionary idea.

P.S. I never tried in school so I'm not really one to talk. I did enough to get by because the motivation for me was just to never get held back or fail a class. Nothing more.

getting As for the sake of getting an A is a waste of time

So your kids can watch you work hard and make money, but the lesson here is actually for them to work hard for no money.

Revolutionary idea.

P.S. I never tried in school so I'm not really one to talk. I did enough to get by because the motivation for me was just to never get held back or fail a class. Nothing more.

Yes that's this persons idea... other parents just expect their children to be self motivated or just punish them for doing poorly in school with no rewards for doing well.

What difference does the letter A or B or F mean to a child on their report card? Those letters don't mean shit unless the parents make those letters mean something through a rewards system... Rewards that they can be excited about...

I was the same way in school Purj though there was a period of time in middle school where I was living with my uncle for two years. He did reward for good grades and I had 4.0s for the two years I lived there. I was top of my class by a huge margin.

If I had kept that up through high school I could have had a free ride in any school I wanted! It's fucking crazy the opportunities kids can have with the right incentives because when you're young you don't give a fuck about what you're going to do when you're an adult because you don't think you'll even get to be that old anyway lol.

I think parents should pay their kids for good grades. When a kid isn't rewarded right for non-chore work, they probably won't get the motivation for an actual job.

Currently I am paying for my classes. But in my case, my parents will reimburse me if I ace the class. I don't come up positive, but free college is free college.

Ok on the subject of rewarding your children for getting good grades in school I can't believe this dumbass...

View attachment 5509

An ice cream cone for for getting an A in your classes?

Does she have any idea how much dedication and work it takes to get an A on a report card? And you want to reward them with a trucking ice cream cone? I'd hate to have that Taco as a mom lmao.
Do you realize how childish, and small minded this makes you seem? Getting an A on a report card isn't hard whatsoever, though this clearly is dependent on the person.

You should want to strive for the best, as success is its own reward; that's what's wrong with people now, they want a reward for what they should attempt to strive for innately. The reward is going to a great college -- The reward is getting a top paying job in the future.

Widen your perspective, as it's severely limited with your current thought process.

Do you realize how childish, and small minded this makes you seem? Getting an A on a report card isn't hard whatsoever, though this clearly is dependent on the person.

You should want to strive for the best, as success is its own reward; that's what's wrong with people now, they want a reward for what they should attempt to strive for innately. The reward is going to a great college -- The reward is getting a top paying job in the future.

Widen your perspective, as it's severely limited with your current thought process.

Younger kids usually don't have that large of a scope. I semi-agree with you, but not every child is a parent's prodigy.

Younger kids usually don't have that large of a scope. I semi-agree with you, but not every child is a parent's prodigy.
Naturally however, calling someone a "dumbass" based on a certain perspective/initiative is ignorant.

Even though an ice cream cone doesnt seem like much to yourself, maybe these types of rewards are rare for the kid(s) making them even better as a reward?
We don't know how it works in their household.

I didn't do to well in school but it was simply stuff like not doing my homework or just goofing off too much, but a good report card usually led to going out to dinner. Which may not seem great to others, but it was so uncommon for us to eat at a fancy restaurant that it seemed amazing.

You want to be rewarded for doing what's in your best interest?

Nah, duck that.

This is also a good point. I don't think i was ever taking a test in school thinking "wow if i do good on this, ill get rewarded at home!"
Your grades really only impact you, not your parents.

I don't know about y'all but as a teenager what was in my best interest was touching a female boob video games, and having friends.

Like purj, I only did the bare minimum in school to not get held back. That's the only incentive I had.

For me rewards worked wonders on my report cards.

Some kids do care about their future enough to get those a's on their report cards and be self motivated but I think most don't really care that much.

Exploiting artifact weapons is a pretty good idea :eek:
Will try that after my bot is finished ;)

Have fun getting banned again. Ya know, you're better off using that money for something better.

As a kid, I was never rewarded for getting good grades. I never found it too difficult and wasn't self motivated either. All the way until highschool I only saw it as another chore.

My mom always made sure I knew that getting good grades was (technically) the only responsability I had; but my parents never gave me anything for good grades (not even congrats, lol). The three times I remember getting something was when I finished elementary school, when i was done w secondary and when i finished highschool, and on those three occasions we went out to eat at a restaurant, something that was really cool because we almost never did.

Dont wanna show off :p but got 10/10 in elementary (6 years), 9.9/10 in secondary (3 years) and 9.7/10 in highschool (3 years), which i imagine, is close to As and near 3.8 gpa?? Idk haha

And no, I never liked going to school but I didnt have many choices either. It's school or work in a factory, lol.

But I did have friends who got cool stuff when they got good grades, and I always wished I had gotten stuff too. Unfortunately, my parents couldn't afford buying us stuff or giving us money.

Now that I am in college, well.. almost done, my reward is knowing I will have better opportunities for a good job in the future (doing something I actually like).

I do think rewards are important, even if they are yearly. Not to thank your kid for good grades, but to show them that you acknowledge their effort.

Last edited:
My parents will give me a car if i get realy good grades at school.
But they said i must have like 80% or higher, else i wont get it.
So the only problem i had was i only get like 65-80% and was not good enough.
And then i tried to hack the school point system, and now i have a car for free ^^

Users who are viewing this thread