I can't believe this dumbass

No of course you can have good grades and do those things. But getting strait a's isn't going to help a teenage boy touch a boob. In fact it might actually repel a female boob because you might be seen as a nerd.

tumblr_nr7gr1T6Gh1rdqxeeo1_400.gif

If you can't get good grades and touch a titty, that's on you.

hint: people with As across the board tend to range from retarded to very retarded

Bruh my point is there's no real incentive to get good grades

Subjective. Generally, yeah. Most kids/teens in school might think that way. But besides the ones who look to their future, some do it to maintain status, or to compete with their friends. One of the main reasons I gave it my all (sometimes) in highschool was because I had a friend doing the exact same beside me. Problem is, most schools do not tell you how half the material you learn before college will benefit you. The education system is outdated and stale. If anything, it's a chunk that is taken out of your life. It almost seems criminal. The only material I can remember being of any knowledgeable use was (some) algebra, basic/intermediate writing skills, and welding.

Grades are just a way of breaking a child to conform to the current system our society is locked into. I fucking hate society. Thats why I did the bare minimum to get by and followed my dreams.
Teaching kids to chase money leads to unsatisfied lives. Id rather be homeless than hate my life working for some bigwig fatcat

Grades are just a way of breaking a child to conform to the current system our society is locked into. I trucking hate society. Thats why I did the bare minimum to get by and followed my dreams.
Teaching kids to chase money leads to unsatisfied lives. Id rather be homeless than hate my life working for some bigwig fatcat

Our system is locked into what it is because this system has been developing for hundreds of years and it's efficient.

Schooling may be old fashioned but for now it's relevant because it the only things schools and jobs have to go off of to gauge if you're a shit for brains or not.

So conform to it early and live a comfortable life financially or conform to it later struggling because you were a shit for brains in your early years it's up to you but you will conform eventually.

Grades are just a way of breaking a child to conform to the current system our society is locked into. I trucking hate society. Thats why I did the bare minimum to get by and followed my dreams.
Lolwut dude I know u prlly posted this just for the sake of an argument but if ur serious

You cant really have a satisfied life if you are homeless and poor. Ive never been homeless but I know what its like to be poor AF and it really blows ...no you dont want that

I don't see anything wrong with the mom taking her kid for ice cream for getting good grades. It seems like a nice way to say "good job". If this generation of kids is expecting to get bribed with money in order to get good grades, that's nuts. I was happy to get good grades just for the praise from family and teachers, as well as the awards I earned.

Bruh my point is there's no real incentive to get good grades

What's the incentive in being lazy then? I'm not saying you should get good grades so you can spend a shit ton and goto college, but what do you really gain from chasing girls and worrying about other fleeting shit? Women will always be there, opportunity won't.

You won't get your club crush with that attitude.

The US education system is a disaster that is tearing apart half the youth of the nation who can't afford college and turning its citizens into robots who spend more time memorizing things than learning how to think critically, while chugging bottles of adderall just so they can pass a test that shows you have the capacity to memorize things.

I don't see anything wrong with the mom taking her kid for ice cream for getting good grades. It seems like a nice way to say "good job". If this generation of kids is expecting to get bribed with money in order to get good grades, that's nuts. I was happy to get good grades just for the praise from family and teachers, as well as the awards I earned.

It just depends on what kind of rewards you set innitially, I guess. If you give em 100 bucks to go spend on toys or a bike the first time, and give them a lot less the second time, it might convince them it isn't worth it. People demonize money too much though. For an adult, yes it is a necessity and maybe a curse. But for a kid, it's the ability to go and buy something they want, or whatever they do with it.

When I was in school and got A's on my reports / exams, my parents told me well done. Nothing more, nothing less. And it never even occurred to me that I should expect or deserve any better 'reward.' In my opinion, if a kid expects more from the parent, it's simply selfish, whether the kid is young and ignorant or a bit older and knowledgeable.

I can't understand people who say it's the same as getting money for doing a job. It's completely different. The system we have in place where one attends school then gets a degree then move onto a job isn't very efficient nor healthy. If the child wants to pursue academia or they have a passion for a career that is achievable by doing well in higher education, then it's the kid's responsibility to do well and shouldn't have to rely on bribery from parents.

People often say education is freedom. It can be, but the opposite is also true. More people spend time trying to do well in education and move onto a job / career they detest, they simply follow tradition because it's the norm.

Ok on the subject of rewarding your children for getting good grades in school I can't believe this dumbass...

View attachment 5509

An ice cream cone for for getting an A in your classes?

Does she have any idea how much dedication and work it takes to get an A on a report card? And you want to reward them with a trucking ice cream cone? I'd hate to have that Taco as a mom lmao.

The kid getting rewarded with an ice cream cone somehow makes the mother a poor parent? Maybe their family, unlike a substantial number of American families, tries to avoid having their children become obese and diabetic from eating shit food day in and day out by eating a proper balanced diet. I would think a sugary treat for a child in that scenario would be an appropriate reward.

I wasn't so fortunate. Being an intelligent kid, I would get grounded for anything less than a B, since my parents reasoned I shouldn't get anything less than that. Some positive reinforcement would have been nice.

I wasn't so fortunate. Being an intelligent kid, I would get grounded for anything less than a B, since my parents reasoned I shouldn't get anything less than that. Some positive reinforcement would have been nice.

Problem is, lots of parents don't know how to uplift their kids and connect. They only know how to scold and set high standards. I would have gotten through high school a lot easier if my parents had shown more positivity. If I did well, they said no more than "good job". If I screwed up, they scolded. Which is fine, but I think as a parent, I would try to ask my kid what was bothering him/her in school and studies and try to work with him/her. My parents have personally been nothing more than a place for me to live. I have no real connection with them, so I have no other reasons to do well in college than for them to help me afford it and to guide me into a career I want.

Parenting is the ultimate catalyst of their kids performance in school, etc.

I go back on saying money is a necessary reward for grades, but I think you shouldn't set too high of a reward if you're going to later regret having to give it to them.

Last edited by a moderator:
I never was rewarded with anything but a good job and a pat on the back, which was all I needed. Kids now a days are too spoiled to appreciate anything in life, in my eyes anyways, always expecting

Lmao just give the kid money.... Maybe he/she will buy an ice cream cone?

If the parent can show the child the value of knowledge......I mean, really show them, not just say "knowledge is power" They need to be shown vividly and explicitly what benefits knowledge can bring to them and what problems ignorance can bring as well. "Ignorance is defined not as stupidity but as lack of knowledge. Lack of knowledge inevitably leads to lack of understanding. Lack of understanding leads to a disconnect among people with differences. Disconnection among people with differences leads to conflict. Knowledge is the only logical solution to the problem of conflict." I think that is more important than an A on a report card and an ice-cream cone.

I say that because of how not only private businesses have turned the education system into a way for them to make a profit via standardized testing etc. (this is problematic because the people designing these tests care more about profit than education) ,but also because of how repetitive and mundane those tests as well as most schoolwork is. In order to make a child give a damn about any of it, you have to show them how they can benefit from what they're being taught in an interesting manner. You must show them how this knowledge itself is rewarding not "you get some ice-cream when you're done with this boring crap".

Not to say the ice-cream cone reward isn't good though. An intelligent child will recognize the gesture as an attempt to reward them for hard-work and a sure sign that you care about them, thus the child will appreciate it.

Users who are viewing this thread