I can't believe this dumbass

Im gonna point out that I was paid for good grades and it did absolutely nothing for me. Many people just dont perform well in the typical sitting for 6-8 hours a day with the nose to the stone. I always just read the text book cover to cover a few times and passed the class. If my parents realized I would have been much more apt and happy with a manual job like I have now I would have wasted so much less time trying to figure out where my place in society was. I work from home making knives 7 days a week now. Its not a luxurious lifestyle but eventually Ill be able to do very well for myself. My parents wanted me to be a doctor or a scientist but that just wasnt in my cards. Intelligence and logic arent indicative of a good education - perseverance perhaps but logic and thirst for knowledge are generally picked up at home

My daughters' (as in plural) fully paid academic scholarships tell me otherwise.

/cheers

They did it on their own without you giving them incentives?

Some kids are like that, and you're lucky.

But most are not, and need their parents to work with them and provide incentives or something. Because if the parents don't come up with something nobody else is going to care enough to.

Like me I have trouble making long term goals and sticking to them... I'm getting better as an adult but a little shove in the right direction when I wasn't mature enough to do what was better for me would have done me a lot of good.

Unfortunately my parents are irresponsible dip shits so I was taken from them and placed in foster care so I had nobody to care for me enough to do that.

Making fun of hackers is fun

But not for long

xD okay then, btw I can't code at all, I just know people who do, I can read a few languages and understand what i'm being told but that's nothing special.

I hope the other owner of XPoff knows what he is doing

They did it on their own without you giving them incentives?

Some kids are like that, and you're lucky.

But most are not, and need their parents to work with them and provide incentives or something. Because if the parents don't come up with something nobody else is going to care enough to.

Like me I have trouble making long term goals and sticking to them... I'm getting better as an adult but a little shove in the right direction when I wasn't mature enough to do what was better for me would have done me a lot of good.

Unfortunately my parents are irresponsible dip shits so I was taken from them and placed in foster care so I had nobody to care for me enough to do that.

We work with our children to give them a nurturing home environment. We taught them that they could come to us if they had any problems or questions with their schoolwork. We asked them every day if they had homework. We instilled in them the importance of extracurricular activies, volunteering in your community and above all, that family should be number one thing in your life since you only have one. These are the same values my parents taught me by example as well. I can only hope my children do the same.

/cheers

The first world is headed in a dangerous direction of parents not parenting. Screen time for both children and parents has never been higher. Turn the phone off. Reconnect your land line. Teach your children the rewards of going out in the world and achieving their goals.

This video really struck a chord with me

IMG_0431.JPG IMG_0430.JPG IMG_0429.JPG IMG_0428.JPG IMG_0427.JPG

That guy puts a lot of emphasis on cell phone usage being a distraction from forming relationships with people...

... I mean he is wearing glasses and sounds like a smart guy... so he must be right... right?

Since Ford started the trend of mass production and invented the vehicle our species has become much more efficient.

So efficient that our population can grow and grow and we're able to sustain it.

The downside to this is most people are forced to be uncomfortably close to their co-workers, people on buses, trains, etc. and if their inner social circle is full they will find a way to ignore them whether it's with a phone or with a newspaper.

Last edited:
The first world is headed in a dangerous direction of parents not parenting. Screen time for both children and parents has never been higher. Turn the phone off. Reconnect your land line. Teach your children the rewards of going out in the world and achieving their goals.

He seems to echo what we have been researching and stating.

It is funny how he blames the big corporations at the end though instead of individuals. People need to learn individual responsibility and stop blaming others for their own problems.

Cells phones are not allowed out at the dinner table in our house. They are not allowed out when we watch TV together either. When we go anywhere as a family we bring them but we don't use them unless they are needed.
Every Friday night and Sunday we go out to eat. It is pretty unbelievable how many families you see with their faces in their cell phones instead of talking and having fun with each other.

/cheers

Users who are viewing this thread